Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Keys And Layers Of Rng - How To Do It Better?

spacedkadet

The Goal:

To make void missions a single layer of RNG only. Having to rely on RNG to get a void key to then have to rely on RNG to get you a chance of a weapon/warframe part is too much IMO. 

The Suggestion:

Tower 1 keys to be earned as rewards for completing missions of their respective types; completing a set number of capture missions (I am thinking maybe 3) will award 1x T1 Capture key.

Completing that Tower 1 Capture mission WILL get you one Tower 2 capture key Plus one RNG roll.

Completing that Tower 2 Capture mission WILL get you one Tower 3 capture key Plus one RNG roll.

Clearly getting into voids will be easier now (that is the point) and as such a rebalance of void drops would be required:

t1 drops should be lower rewards, chance of forma, ammo boxes etc and a chance of the main blueprints.

t2 and t3 drops should be where all the frame and weapon parts drop, all with equal chance to avoid the current 20 handles but 0 blades situation.

The Result

Unless I have missed some obvious problem with this then, hopefully, void will be a more pleasurable place that resides in an easier to get to space whose rewards (prime stuff) is only under 1 layer of RNG.

Lee.

No, a skull will make it a nightmare. Duh.

Edit: On a serious note, I think what would solve a lot of problems, is if DE created some mission types specific to the voids, than are only in the voids.

People wanted forma so bad, so instead of convoluting all of the T3 missions with them, they could create a scavenger mission, where you lead Tenno equipment, or Lotus Salvagers through the voids, and they pick through the area's for forma and materials.

And while that's implemented, they could tune the current tables yet again to not be such a pain in the backside.

Edited by Zeally

No, a skull will make it a nightmare. Duh.

Makes no sense, you did not read. ANY capture mission would count towards a t1 cap key, you are saying all caps would be on nightmare at same time? The point is that you do have to do a bit of work for the the keys but it is not random.

Edited by spacedkadet

Makes no sense, you did not read. ANY capture mission would count towards a t1 cap key, you are saying all caps would be on nightmare at same time? The point is that you do have to do a bit of work for the the keys but it is not random.

No, I was poking fun that poster above me with a reference to nightmare mode.

And I did as a matter of fact read.

Edited by Zeally

The Suggestion:

Tower 1 keys to be earned as rewards for completing missions of their respective types; completing a set number of capture missions (I am thinking maybe 3) will award 1x T1 Capture key.

Completing that Tower 1 Capture mission WILL get you one Tower 2 capture key Plus one RNG roll.

Completing that Tower 2 Capture mission WILL get you one Tower 3 capture key Plus one RNG roll.

I really like this idea of definitely getting another key if you do a void run, but perhaps it could be a 50/50 chance of getting a key of the same lvl (t1 for t1 runs) or the next (t2 for t1 runs), because otherwise everyone is going to end up with a heap of t3's and no t1's :/

On the matter of the parts RNG, as someone above has said, there are an awful lot of parts to make the drops equal :/

As much as I would love for that to happen, they'd all only have a small chance to occur, and it might become a little too random, if you know what I mean. You'd just get bits of things that you aren't actually aiming to get most of the time.

Still, a great idea none the less. Interested to see what does happen with accessing the void after U10