Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaws Take To Long To Build

Flyignite

Love the idea of zaws, but as an MR 12 and with only 12k standing, getting zaws is completely ridiculous. It is the getting the required standing part of building zaws that I hate, I actually like the farming for fish and mining minerals etc, its spending the next four days grinding syndicate standing, and an than extra days grinding more standing just to gild them. Why couldnt we just build the zaws without the standing?

7 minutes ago, Flyignite said:

Why couldnt we just build the zaws without the standing?

Because when you have Glappids that is two minutes a day fishing. It really isn't any effort at all. Yes, this helps if you are a higher MR.

• If DE removed this limiter why would people pay money for Zaws?
  • Like 1

Considering Zaw's are more or less the best melee weapons in the game, I'm surprised they are not more expensive than they are. These costs are nothing.

The real struggle with Zaw's is finding a combination you like (trial and error), and investing the time and forma needed to make them fit a good set of mods. On top of that you should also spend a good shunk of standing on a full Zaw arcane. 

Have fun 😄 

I don't know why you have only 12k at MR12, as it's (MR x1000 +1000), you should have 13k. But the cap is what's annoying as #*!%. I'd have my Zaw a while back because of it. I'm at MR10, so my cap is 11k. That's a week to get to Surah for Ekwana Jai 2, and then 2 more days to get 15k standing for Auroxium Alloy. I would be at Surah today, but I decided to purchase Auroxium Alloy. If I was smart, If have cbosed it as a level up reward, as it is the most expensive one so far and I'd only be set back a day or nine depending on what reward it was for. But the cap is what's hurting it. If they doubled it, that'd be much, MUCH better.

Zaws require 1 hour per component and the Blades/Grips only require 1k standing each, even factoring in the use of the rank 4 Links as long as you are at least MR12 you can acquire all the standing needed in one day, as for the crafting components you can both farm those and gain standing with any excess materials.

So lets say it would take 1 hour of crafting time, 2 hours of material farming tops. that still caps at 3 hours of time for a Zaw.

Meanwhile most weapons have a crafting time of 12 hours, and that is assuming you don't have to farm ANY materials.

Zaws are pretty fast if you are efficient about it, its more of a pain having to level it, then gild it, then level it again, but that is just a few runs of hydron.

You think Zaws take a long time? Go farm a Sibear's 30k Cryotic (just about 8.5 hours of extractors btw) and then you'll be BEGGING to make a Zaw.

Edited by Aldain

12 hours ago, krc473 said:

Because when you have Glappids that is two minutes a day fishing. It really isn't any effort at all. Yes, this helps if you are a higher MR.

• If DE removed this limiter why would people pay money for Zaws?

people pay money for zaws? 

1 minute ago, seprent said:

First rule of the Internet: Whatever is said is to be taken with a grain of salt, but also not be disconsidered outright because if the possibility exists, someone will do it.

Honestly, the way I make standing is to just farm murkray, they give a ton of standing, and spawn during the day and night, I have like a 24k standing limit, and I can max it out in like 20mins or so. the materials you need to build the zaw parts can easily be farmed out through the thumpers.

Zaws are worth the effort taken to make them

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

First rule of the Internet: Whatever is said is to be taken with a grain of salt, but also not be disconsidered outright because if the possibility exists, someone will do it.

i just never thought any wound would buy the RNG zaws hok spits out i always just prefered making it myself so i have total control over the parts or if he has a combo i want i built it myself since i dont carry plat often because most of what he gives out are subpar 

6 hours ago, seprent said:

People have previously. I am not sure how often this actually happens. Remember the accidental ‘True’ damage Zaw? Yes, this is an unfair example because we cannot make one, but people rushed to buy it (DE rushed to remove it). The point is, DE needs to give us some minor incentive to pay for the platinum one. I think the way it is now does that well enough. We can basically totally ignore it because Zaws are easy to make, but if you are desperate/rushed you buy one. A reduction in standing costs might mean something else has to increase to compensate for it.

6 hours ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

Honestly, the way I make standing is to just farm murkray

I would recommend Glappids when you can. A large is 2k, small is 1.2k. I use these, it takes two minutes of fishing to max my 27k/28k(?) standing. Except I caught masses and haven’t had to try get standing for six months.