Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't people doing higher Eidolon Quests calm down?

Usei_Prime

Question

Hello,

Look I play Warframe to let off steam after a hard day at work.  I play a game. So why do people treat the higher Eidolon quest hunt as something akin to playing a 100,000 dollar contest?

I have played a couple of the higher quests before, but this one was bad.  First off in the other games I've played, the Eidolon shard that comes from the first battle are on the plains, not in the lake.  Second, I am an older adult so my finger work on a keyboard sometimes fails me.  I treat it as part of the fun.  It is not fun to be reported for "not helping", especially when the Teralyst are targeting me with everything they've got. 

The entire point is to play the game and have fun.  That's it.  Not turning it into something like a competition or worse, work.  I am just...just trying to get this off my chest, because I usually can't say what I would like to say to some of the customers at my job, and I said I use Warframe to calm down and have fun.  Why is that so hard to understand?

Thanks

• Like 11

Imagine if nightmare LoR was still around, with its instant failure condition on the second stage if somebody steps off a button for a split second at the wrong time.

You think people are impatient with Tridolons? You should see the sheer, tangible tension that certain raid sections had, when the wrong move would instantly wipe all your effort.

That aside, group Tridolons is not the most ideal place to let off steam, unless you have a consistent squad that works together like clockwork out of sheer habit. 

Edited by Nitresco
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Nitresco said:

Imagine if nightmare LoR was still around, with its instant failure condition on the second stage if somebody steps off a button for a split second at the wrong time.

You think people are impatient with Tridolons? You should see the sheer, tangible tension that certain raid sections had, when the wrong move would instantly wipe all your effort.

Yup, I remember that.

29 minutes ago, Nitresco said:

That aside, group Tridolons is not the most ideal place to let off steam, unless you have a consistent squad that works together like clockwork out of sheer habit. 

36 minutes ago, Nok-Rntha said:

It's timegated and requires a lot of effort and meticulous planning to pull off in that timeframe. It's a given people involved are gonna be toxic.

All of this ^

Tridolon capturing is not a casual undertaking meant to let off steam. It's the closest thing we still have to a raid in this game, it's the closest thing to being "end-game" that we have. It requires a lot of planning and coordination and a lot of time dedication. If you are not willing or able to pull your weight you are wasting hours of everyone else's time until the next night cycle. 

It's true that they shouldn't overly toxic to teammates in general, but unless otherwise stated when the team was formed they aren't there to teach you or carry you either. I've definitely seen some people in those blow a gasket over minor things (like a Chroma that takes two hits to destroy a synovia instead of one). What your team should've done, based on what we can guess transpired from your side of the story, is just to immediately disband the team and replace you to get the most of out of the limited time window. But that information is more important for them than you I suppose.

• Like 7

everyone demands efficiency in pre made squads, to be done as fast as possible and if you are not efficient then you should not play it, thats how people see it and thats why I dont play tridolons anymore. Everyone demands you have VS/UW and be fast which is kind of stupid to me.I remember doing them when tridlon came out I always used trinity and always zenurik and it was fine, but now if i want to revisit I have to use VS mostly, a few time I tried doing tridolons and when they told me to VS I told them I dont have it on and they just all swarmed me with "Wtf how can you not have that?!?!" and tehy did not not say it was a must but I guess its a must even if it doesnt say while recruiting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Usei_Prime said:

So why do people treat the higher Eidolon quest hunt as something akin to playing a 100,000 dollar contest?

Because of a poorly designed time restrictions (day/night cycle) most people can only attempt a Tridolon run a very limited amount of times per day. And if they want to squeeze that opportunity to the best of their ability you can't really blame them - it's the only source of Arcanes aside from buying them for plat. So yes, tridolon speedruns require dedication, experience, good equipment and a degree of skill. 

That said, however, if you're not a speedrunner yourself, the solution is extremely simple: Don't join groups that are trying to speedrun it. "H 5x3 LF exp Chroma/Trin"? That's probably NOT your best pick. "Hosting a casual 2x3/3x3" or "Trying to learn a Tridolon fight, looking for more people" sounds more like it. PUG runs are a mixed bunch, they could go either way, so attempt at your own risk. Again, if you don't want to enter the tryhard mode - find/host an appropriate group to avoid frustration. 

• Like 12

Look I play Warframe to let off steam after a hard day at work.  I play a game. So why do people treat the higher Eidolon quest hunt as something akin to playing a 100,000 dollar contest?

Because Time Is Platinum... and as we already know.... being rich in a fake currency in a video game is of the Utmost Importance.... im just assuming thats what going through the mind of those people who get triggered during the tiniest hiccups in eidolon hunts.... and ESO.... and Void Fissures.... and The Profit Taker.... and Arbitrations..... basically every corner of Warframe's "End Game"....

The entire point is to play the game and have fun.  That's it.  Not turning it into something like a competition or worse, work.  I am just...just trying to get this off my chest, because I usually can't say what I would like to say to some of the customers at my job, and I said I use Warframe to calm down and have fun.  Why is that so hard to understand?

To be honest with you.... This is not just an issue with other players.... even DE seem to forget what the purpose of Games are... to have fun and relax.... and even with a friendly and patient squad these Eidolon Hunts are frustrating as all hell.... by design it seems.... I can't imagine the guy/team who designed and coded the Terralyst to Fire Homing Sprinklers that can't be Avoided..

1 hour ago, Nitresco said:

Wow really ? 

LoL.... that seems like a Stupid way to go about making something challenging.... infact.... as a general rule im not too fond of all Instant fail conditions.... 

1 hour ago, Nitresco said:

+1

Forming a network of Clans mates and friends essential to having the least frustration in Warframe. 

Sometimes its just nice to look at squad chat and see:

Friend: "No worries.... it happens to all of us".

Instead of :

Toxic Player: "You Facking Noob... how hard is to do your job... I can do it with my Eyes closed."

okay so.... I get that Hunts are not the place to let off steam.... but.... why not ? 

why are there only two eidolon Bounties ? 

why can there be multiple eidolon bounties where the Terraltyst Spawn at a lower enough level that it doesn't one shot everything... ? 

Would that be so bad ? 

The issue with these hunts is there no good starting off point beyond just going out at night and killing Vomvalysts...and this applies to everyone.... whether you're MR5 and have been playing for a few days or a MR20 Returning veteran who wasn't around during the PoE update....its just night mare getting into these hunts.

I’m right there with you OP. I can run tridolon any night cycle but I have no desire to rush the mission in order to try multiple hydrolist captures in a night cycle in the name of some “I’m trying to make platinum”. At some point, rushing missions in order to get things to sell becomes Work. I don’t play warframe to work, but rather to relax after working. 

When I host a trydolon, I do expect a level of competence with staying alive, but I by no means think we need anything even beyond a single Volt/Chroma as everything else is simply support (usually).

• Like 3

Being time gated and all..
In my opinion:
If we would alredy own shards from the first one or second one,
we should be able to skip the first one and the second one to get on to the others with separated bounties.

like.. lets say you get to kill the first, getting a shard that makes you eligible to get to the second one,
you kill that too, get the shard of the second one(specifically), but.. time is up.
next time when night comes again, you could skip the first 2 because you got a shard from the 2nd one
and just go right to the 3rd one to finish the other night's leftovers.

I remember when I first tried eidolon hunting without proper gear and I just went in with PUB's and I band together with random players trying to figure out this boss.
You don't join an experienced team and expect them to hold your hand, it will cost the whole team a chance to capture it.
The eidolon punish you for not being efficient and will drag the fight longer for every mistake you make.

I marvel at a boss fight like the eidolon's and hope for more challenges as such.
Not so sorry that you can't sit back and relax during an eidolon hunt. Bring on your A-game or start with single/double captures.

Besides that, people can be nonconstructive aholes especially during eidolon hunts, best to avoid them then. Or try to get info out of them while they rage, you may or may not pick up some nibbit of info to get better at capturing eidolons.

Edited by symisz

First,

Thank you for all the replies.  It's refreshing to see different views on the subject.  Now onward!  How is it that so few people know about the fact that even if you choose the single hunt, you can still access the second one?  I didn't know until the group I was with decided to fight it.  Ever since I occasionally try to see if anyone wanted to try, but I have had no takers.  I would like to add that the group I was with was a pick up group, that is we did not form at the recruiting tab.  Weird.

@Lutesque Yeah, I agree with you.  There should be more options.  Would make it more fun, I think.

@Nacyus That's sounds interesting, but do you think it could be done with the current code?

@Reifnir  I haven't used recruiting much.  for the single hunt I just drop in and help out, and there is no problem, but for the multiple hunts I may have to use it for better results.  But this takes some of the fun of the game.  I like just dropping in and playing like a old west hero who just "passing by"  and decides to help out.  

Sorry, if I missed some of you but I have to go to work.  Thanks again for the responses, and take care.

• Like 3

I tend to get frustrated (not in chat but in person) during those fights if the team isn't at the very least running smoothly, I have made it my goal to pretty much be able to solo the Eidilons just so I dont have to get frustrated at newer/slower people (as I tend to try and do in every game I play) but others dont have that mentality. They assume if you walked into a Trydilon that you where there to win, and win as fast as is possible, as, (for most have stated), its a time gated activity. I still need a few more Grace's and Energizes to round out my max level arcanes, and with how observably low the drop chances are, and the fact i dont want to farm plat like a mad person to buy them (and haven't hit a 75% off in WAY way long now), Should I choose to run them, I want as many chances as possible to hit that drop. I dont want to leave a hour long fight for two bronzes and a silver I already own when i could try and do three and at least get a gold, and while I had that others find the need to express there frustrations in the chat bar instead of just internalizing it and vanishing/sucking it up and working through it, I can at least get where they where coming from. 

About the only way to mitigate/lessen this type of behavior would be to remove the time restriction, as people would be more apt to be less on edge at every single possible mistake one would make. But unsure about that ever happening, the time gating is the main reason arcane prices still stay high even after they moved away from being raid rewards, just, people dont want to deal with the elite few that require perfection yet wont get in there own recruitment lobby to do it...that's honestly the main issue though. If your so up tight you dont want anything but perfection, get a group together that feels the same, dont drag that mentality into the randoms chat expecting them to somehow be godlike just like you and chastising them for not being so...suck it up and realize you signed up for this like a sensible adult... (though then again you have to wonder if most of them are actually adults or not)

(it is important to point out though that some find competition/efficiency to be fun and stress relieving, more like burning off the stress instead of letting it seep out, and in essence there just made you aren't playing to there way of fun/stress relief. But granted, again, the point above, take that mentality to recruit chat then, dont chastise the randos that clearly aren't thinking in the same mindset...)

Edited by WellIHopeThisOneWorks

They are little S#&$s that have this one chance to do something well in life, so they treat it like a job. Anyone can watch a few tutorials and have this stuff down pat. But they want to think they are something special and the best. Many parts of Warframe feel like a job, unfortunately. Clan work especially. Funny thing is, most of the players that freak out are just average. A high skill player won't really give 2 S#&$s about carrying anyone cause 1, they got the arcanes by now, and 2, they are powerful and knowledgeable enough to breeze through it and are just bored looking for things to do.

2 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Because of a poorly designed time restrictions (day/night cycle) most people can only attempt a Tridolon run a very limited amount of times per day

I've suggested reworks on that topic to help alleviate some of that issue by making a bounty that transitions to night on demand. It would probably have to have either a limit per day cycle or require an consumable to enter though if they wanted to keep control over arcane and focus farming. But I'd rather they just stop bothering since most focus expenditure is wasted on useless nodes.

Eh. Tridolons are easy, honestly. People tend to get bothered when they can't do them without any kind of effort, and quickly (even if they themselves lack the ability or knowledge required). It's the same reason farm squads existed, they want their min/maxed efficiency and get upset when that can't happen or something gets in the way. That's part of the reason Warframe has such a reputation for grind, because people expend massive amounts of effort to turn it into one and get everything done in the shortest timeframe possible (or get as much as they can in a given timeframe). 

Those people are the majority, especially for things like that, though. It might be time to get several people added who'll run them with you and are chill but can handle themselves. 🙂

8 hours ago, Usei_Prime said:

I like just dropping in and playing like a old west hero who just "passing by"  and decides to help out.  

Problem is, Eidolon meta is extremely inflexible. Limb breaking, Operator damage boost, Lure keeper/healer, Magnetic proc protection. You NEED those.

If you're just "passing by" more often than not you'll end up either duplicating an existing role or bringing a frame that can hardly (if at all) contribute in a meaningful way. Yes, Eidolon fights ARE fun - but the fun in question is derived from that "job well done" feel, and that, unfortunately, means precise prep work. Recruitment is your friend here, unlike most other game modes.

• Like 3

Hello, yeah I agree, I understand it's a difficult mission and sucks when one guy messes it up for the team, but that's what u get for joining a team.  I've had guys flip out on me because I didn't know what to do, so sorry I didn't go watch a YouTube about how to do everything before playing a game. 

It is a ton of fun and is the best game I've ever played. The devs are mind blowingly amazing, really awesome group. While saying this I have pretty much stopped going to POE to look for eidolon's because of this... Which sucks because I'm pretty close to having "completed" the rest of the game, not there yet but close 😀.

But thanks for sharing everyone, most of u guys are pretty awesome! Some not so much, but keep up the good work guys.

14 hours ago, Usei_Prime said:

Hello,

I have played a couple of the higher quests before, but this one was bad.  First off in the other games I've played, the Eidolon shard that comes from the first battle are on the plains, not in the lake.  Second, I am an older adult so my finger work on a keyboard sometimes fails me.  I treat it as part of the fun.  It is not fun to be reported for "not helping", especially when the Teralyst are targeting me with everything they've got. 

Thanks

You're just not going to have fun in world-boss fights. There's just too many mechanics and variables, to remember and deal with. Players just want those shards and dolls.

Oberon has been a blessing in disguise. I have no desire to deal with chroma, or stand around as trinity. I'm able to protect everyone, including the anchors, with my 2nd ability. Heals and buffs to make the party tougher to kill.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)Soul_o-O_Eater said:

Anyone can watch a few tutorials and have this stuff down pat.

Then maybe OP should do that?

Being a $&*^ to others in a pub mission is never the right response, but it's a time-gated activity and not everyone has the luxury of a dedicated group of competent hunters. Others have a duty to not be a $&*^ to OP when he screws up, but OP has some responsibility to at least try and keep up with the group's activity if he's going to join up for a tri.

Recruitment pug 5x3s are pretty chill. Every time I join one, I really don't need to talk to anyone or type anything in chat. Everyone just knows what their role is, what they need to do and when they need to do it. Its therapeutic in a way, juggling Terry, Garry and Harry from one knee to the other.

If I want to get mald, I'll join a clan 2x3 where nobody will have void strike or unairu wisp and multiple people insist on running steel charge for mod capacity. Everyone has 100 hp operators and dies 1 microsecond after touching laser poop, followed by all the lures. So I will end up fast charging, managing the lures, breaking the shields and the limbs at the same time as trying to explain this is where you do this, this is how you do that, this is where you need to be when this happens.

Edited by Lolacrayola

38 minutes ago, Lolacrayola said:

Recruitment pug 5x3s are pretty chill. Every time I join one, I really don't need to talk to anyone or type anything in chat. Everyone just knows what their role is, what they need to do and when they need to do it. Its therapeutic in a way, juggling Terry, Garry and Harry from one knee to the other.

If I want to get mald, I'll join a clan 2x3 where nobody will have void strike or unairu wisp and multiple people insist on running steel charge for mod capacity. Everyone has 100 hp operators and dies 1 microsecond after touching laser poop, followed by all the lures. So I will end up fast charging, managing the lures, breaking the shields and the limbs at the same time as trying to explain this is where you do this, this is how you do that, this is where you need to be when this happens.

haha yes it's a world of difference compared to the struggle OP is in.
5x3 is pretty much smooth sailing when everyone knows what to do.
when you recruit the people that has the right amp, archwing and a decent amount of captures, 5x3 capture per night, will succeed always.

most 5x3 groups are chill enough to carry 1 other player, when they need a role to fill.
for instance, my 5x3 pug team had a trinity disconnect on them, so we took one in with 40 HC under his belt, and his mind was blown away at the pace we down these bosses. XD