Ember Reworked, Endgame Flames

kareee

I'd like to start out this post by clarifying that this post is entirely based off of an Ember rework concept video made by warframe partner AGayGuyPlays. I was hoping that maybe by spreading his ideas on the forums I could help him get some recognition on the matter. I will also provide a link to the original video incase anyone wants to check it out themselves.

The current issue with Ember is that she becomes very ineffective towards higher-end content in Warframe. This rework is a way to keep her relevant in the later stages of the game, with better synergies, more reliable buffs and abilities that don't only benefit Ember but her teammates as well. She'd still be a reliable pick to nuke enemies at lower levels, but trades damage for crowd control towards later content. I'd also like to note that I will keep numbers and stats on this post scarce, to act as more of a template rather than the finished product.

New passive: Ember regenerates a small amount of health and energy per second for every surrounding enemy suffering from a heat proc. Capped at 10 enemies.

Reason: Ember's current passive requires her to be affected by a heat proc to gain 10 energy per second for every second that the heat proc is live. Due to the fact that the benefit is tied to getting attacked by such a specific thing, it feels very limiting and ineffective. Ember is also considered to be a caster frame, very energy reliant and she also has a very negligible amount of armor to protect her, so a passive ability to fuel both her energy and health by spreading the heat proc, an essential part of her kit seems like a better fit.

New first ability - Living fire: Ember covers an enemy in living flame, setting the target on fire (fire proc synergizes with her new passive). For every second that the living flame is on an enemy, it will attempt to jump to another enemy target, further spreading the living flame until the duration of this ability runs out. Any enemies that die with the living flame on them will leave a fire patch on the ground for a duration and any enemies that walk over it will receive a heat proc. The living flame will attempt to jump every second to another enemy, but will not spread if no enemies are in range. This is not meant to be a highly damaging ability, just a form of CC and a way to spread the heat proc to fuel your passive, while also dealing a small amount of damage to keep this ability fairly balanced and not too much like Saryn's spores.

Reason: Fireball is currently just a Small AoE ability directed towards low armored units at the early game, and is nowhere near to be a considerable ability later on. It's very much a spam ability that really doesn't have any benefits to it to make it useful later in the game.

Accelerant buff: Accelerant damage buff now applies to all damage types, but is further increased for heat damage, making it more useful on a wider scale. Any enemies that are under the effects of Accelerant will now receive forced heat procs whenever they take damage, making it synergize with her passive. The accelerant stun will also be affected by ability duration mods, making it more reliable and less of a constant-spam ability. The duration of the stun remains as normal if the build has negative duration to prevent frustration amongst the Ember players who build for negative duration.

Reason: Currently the Accelerant buff feels very limiting and useless amongst allies who either aren't playing as ember or don't have weapons that deal heat damage, since the heat proc isn't a very popular one. Making the damage buff apply to all damage types while being increased for heat damage makes it more useful for your allies while also proving more beneficial for Ember and her kit.

Fire blast buff: The fire ring left behind by Fire blast will melt all incoming projectiles, giving allies who are within the fire ring damage reduction.

Reason: Fire blast doesn't feel like it does enough the be used at high-end gameplay, this change will make it more worth using while also making it better for strategy and making it synergize better with team-play.

World on Fire: Remains as is. It's in a Place where DE has intended for it to be. However, when enemies affected by Living fire are hit by World on Fire, they will produce a fire spark that seeks out and damages enemy targets. This way World on Fire will have better synergy within Ember's kit, providing more CC and more damage to enemies.

The intention of this rework is to make Ember more appealing to more players, while not changing her to the point where she becomes a completely different warframe.

Link to the original video: https://youtu.be/3jI9Qe_oJMk

Happy hunting, Tenno :smile:

Edited by kareee
Typos & Better wording
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, kareee said:

Fire blast buff: The fire ring left behind by Fire blast will melt all incoming projectiles, giving allies who are within the fire ring damage reduction.

Reason: Fire blast doesn't feel like it does enough the be used at high-end gameplay, this change will make it more worth using while also making it better for strategy and making it synergize better with team-play.

The ring also needs to scale with range, and it needs to deal damage to enemies inside it (Currently it deals no damage to any enemy inside). It should also leave a scorched terrain, within the ring. 

Overall nice suggestions. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

I like your idea of "living fire" though this is how i'm imagining it. Though I don't see why it shouldn't be highly damaging, since Fireblast & WoF don't deal much damage either (they're already mainly for CC). I'm speaking about the "initial cast" damage, and not about the lingering DoT that jumps from enemy to enemy.

giphy.gif   tumblr_o9wibjennl1tvso1qo1_400.gif

Edited by Maka.Bones