Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Devstream :129 Overview

1 hour ago, JaycemeSwain said:
1 hour ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Wukong Deluxe disappointed me. 

They went from this:
D7Wi3ecXoAAk64c?format=png&name=900x900

to this: 
ME4rtHPGbha2nJXdgjNyXgZ-zPGT5vREa_NIhuCS

Not my cup of tea. I guess I'll stick with the prime skin. 😞

They did say they missed the armour set. TBF, for those unable to buy the tennogen, the helmet is still much better than base helm

If its the shoulders you're refeering to, they are still there. For some reason it didnt show up while they messed around with random colors. However, there is a moment where you can see the shoulder pads for only a second.

Here:unknown.png

19 minutes ago, Northern_Psycho said:

If its the shoulders you're refeering to, they are still there. For some reason it didnt show up while they messed around with random colors. However, there is a moment where you can see the shoulder pads for only a second.

Here:unknown.png

It looks a little bit better with the shoulder pads, but I don't get why they made the skin look like scales so much. It's just weird. It's too bad as I was extremely excited about this skin. I'll most likely just stick with the prime version now.

1 hour ago, (PS4)JohnnyPersia said:

It looks a little bit better with the shoulder pads, but I don't get why they made the skin look like scales so much. It's just weird. It's too bad as I was extremely excited about this skin. I'll most likely just stick with the prime version now.

The concept art had this rock like texture.

3 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

They went from this:

to this: 

You need to watch this again,in the end they are showing how it look with armor on the top the arm's...its in 3sec.that you can see. So its part when you can remove and add like what we have on frost or volt... and this new deluxe have better texture and more like it whose on the art.... so in the end skins is the same but with better texture and not something simple like what we seen in first 3D model.

a lot of good stuff there. really like those Dax swords, could we maybe get a two-handed Nikana version? pretty please? Tatsu Prime is light years away...

5 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

@EternaldrkMako so, you are the successor to AM_bunny eh? Why can't i tag him? His name was AM_bunny right? Anyone? The guy who did devstream overview back then? 

I started doing it for my discords and thought why not share as its not that much work to copy it to forums, i am usually pretty quick on it , and some have expressed that it was appreciated so 🙂 I will always try if i can

as for bunny , he retired form the forums due to work and such, he did a post about it like in 2018 IIRC. I always enjoyed his overviews, and was sad when he stopped doing them

De taylor is also doing them now also, so if i ever miss it you can always get the official one, i just drop mine right after the stream 

4 hours ago, Northern_Psycho said:

Here:

2 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

You need to watch this again,in the end they are showing how it look with armor on the top the arm's...its in 3sec.that you can see. So its part when you can remove and add like what we have on frost or volt... and this new deluxe have better texture and more like it whose on the art.... so in the end skins is the same but with better texture and not something simple like what we seen in first 3D model.

I was referring to the texture more than the missing armour. That's what bummed me out. 

A few things caught my attention...

• Each player has their own Empyrean space ship, rather than having a carpool for the whole Dojo. This is good.
  • Empyrean crew will hide when boarded, implying they will be on the ship during combat. Can they maybe operate systems in place of Live players?
  • Our operators will age... Somehow? Is that specific to Duviri, or a permanent "upgrade" to our Operators? Can we go back-and-forth?
  • TennoCon and the Dev Stream spoiled a lot of stuff about the time before the Old War. Is the New Player Experience potentially intended to introduce players to some backstory?

So basically Gauss is a PoE/Vallis only frame? how would he work in the other 98% of the game? Cant fathom him being any good in his current form. Who knows. I have been less than impressed with the last group of frames, Wisp has been fun at least. 

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

A few things caught my attention...

• Each player has their own Empyrean space ship, rather than having a carpool for the whole Dojo. This is good.
  • Empyrean crew will hide when boarded, implying they will be on the ship during combat. Can they maybe operate systems in place of Live players?
  • Our operators will age... Somehow? Is that specific to Duviri, or a permanent "upgrade" to our Operators? Can we go back-and-forth?
  • TennoCon and the Dev Stream spoiled a lot of stuff about the time before the Old War. Is the New Player Experience potentially intended to introduce players to some backstory?

I hope we have an option to switch young and old versions of our operators and not just in duviri

9 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

They went from this:

to this: 

Me either..wish they stuck to the original concept more.

On 2019-07-27 at 6:53 AM, Williamwaitunnaing said:

I hope we have an option to switch young and old versions of our operators and not just in duviri

That would depend on whether they're planning some kind of major change to the entire Operator system. Let's face it - Focus Schools can use a lot of love. I wonder, though, if this is a path to broader character customisation, with Duviri offering players to more or less "choose their age." While I realise this is wishful thinking, I could potentially see Operators moving towards a City of Heroes style costume editor with the ability to tweak physical attributes like age, bodymass, proportions and potentially even height. It's either that, a permanent non-choosable up-ageing of our operators or simply a different Operator look specific to Duviri. Guess we'll learn more as we move closer to release.

On 2019-07-27 at 7:26 AM, (PS4)Cephalon_Snow said:

Me either..wish they stuck to the original concept more.

I've seen this brought up a few times, and it keeps making me wonder - what exactly is the big difference between the Wukong concept and in-game model? The latter is missing the shoulder pieces (likely reserved as Frost-like shoulder armour, rather than part of the base skin) but that's about it. Everything else looks like an artefact of the specific colouring choices in the video and the harsh lighting in the orbiter.

7 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

I've seen this brought up a few times, and it keeps making me wonder - what exactly is the big difference between the Wukong concept and in-game model? The latter is missing the shoulder pieces (likely reserved as Frost-like shoulder armour, rather than part of the base skin) but that's about it. Everything else looks like an artefact of the specific colouring choices in the video and the harsh lighting in the orbiter.

the texturing to me looks more rock like , so maybe its not so easy to match to weapons is a possible issue some have?

6 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

the texturing to me looks more rock like , so maybe its not so easy to match to weapons is a possible issue some have?

The mesh might be rock-shaped, but the actual textures appear very glossy and metallic to me. The hair, the elbows and all of the "rough" surfaces have very heavy specular highlights along their edges, which typically signifies a metallic or "wet" sheen. I suspect Wukong will be a lot less glossy in practice when you can move the camera yourself. Still images tend to over-emphasise highlights quite a bit.