Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Look link, prepare for the warframe clone army

45neo

I mean come on this feature is just begging for some prominent player, youtuber, or streamer to go and link their look to the world and have everyone re-skin their warframe to be just like theirs. Never mind the default excalibur look, prepare for a lot more of the same Tenno.  

1 minute ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I may have missed something (quite possible) but can someone explain what this is about? I'm genuinely confused and curious. 

It is a new feature they covered in the recent dev stream, basically it allows you to create a chat link with your warframe's customizations for others to copy 

Edited by 45neo

Well... dude. My goodness.

They could do that anyways just look at the damn streamer and match the colors. And said Youtuber would have to link they looks every single freaking time someone asked.

I may have missed something (quite possible) but can someone explain what this is about? I'm genuinely confused and curious. 

Devstream, you will be able to link your Warframe's Looks and Loadouts like you can Mandachord songs and copy them if you wish.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Well... dude. My goodness.

They could do that anyways just look at the damn streamer and match the colors. And said Youtuber would have to link they looks every single freaking time someone asked.

Not necessarily, they could easily unleash it in the warframe public chat region or alliance/clan chat and have hundreds of people with immediate access to that look link 

1 minute ago, 45neo said:

Not necessarily, they could easily unleash it in the warframe public chat region or alliance/clan chat and have hundreds of people with immediate access to that look link 

What is there in this sentence to care about?

• Like 1

And dammit, did I miss another dev stream? 

You tell us 😉

As for the clone army... meh? I mean, sure, but (1) is it really a bad thing? (2) isn't it already happening with all the edgy people who - thinking they are being very creative - do a black-and-red edgy look? (3) exclusive cosmetics and non-free colour palettes aren't cloned, so not everyone can copy everything.

Cause yeah, this was a feature that was needed.....or even requested? Seriously?

The last thing I want to do is give someone the ability to exactly copy my FashionFrame, heh. Add to that, the people that may want to try won't have the color pallets unlocked, let alone the accessories.....and those that have those, won't want to copy my look because they have their own.

DE, please re-assign the Dev that did this to have some relevant work to do. Maybe working on Host Migration issues. Kay thanks bye.

1 minute ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

Cause yeah, this was a feature that was needed.....or even requested? Seriously?

I'm hoping it can somehow be used to copy colors between my own configs and frames. I mostly use the same color scheme and setting all those energy colors (which got their defaults all borked up) is super tedious.

I'm not sure how this feature "promotes" copying others more. There already are videos that share exact colors and skins used, there's forum posts doing the same, and some people in-game share details when asked.

Same is true for mod setups.

I doubt this will be that much of a problem it's already not too hard to just look at something and copy it if that's what you want to do.  I mainly don't think it's going to be that big of an issue just because people have different tastes... I mean you don't see 90% of everyone running around in the same clothes in the real world.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

I think it’s helpful, I get asked what builds I run on Equinox a lot.

Makes it easier to share with friends if they’re curious (instead of linking every single mod), though imo half the fun is figuring out what works best for you.

I dunno, I don’t judge how others play.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, EquinoxPrime said:

I think it’s helpful, I get asked what builds I run on Equinox a lot.

Makes it easier to share with friends if they’re curious (instead of linking every single mod), though imo half the fun is figuring out what works best for you.

I dunno, I don’t judge how others play.

It will be super convenient tho it kinda makes me worry a bit if people are going to get really aggressive about getting builds from people. Like if I'm not interested in sharing my build with Random stranger X and instead of just moving on they just keep hammering it with "Dude just link me you @#$@% build". I mean those will probably be an edge case and they probably happen from time to time now but I imagine they would become more common now with actual in game build linking. 

With the seemingly endless mods we have we have a vast number of combinations on builds and same goes for our fashion frame. I like to try my best to look unique and different with my frame and my builds as well, so I more than likely won't use link except for linking well known usual builds. Gotta keep some of those trade secrets (not so secret)

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

I will gladly link all my fashionframes. Don't be surprised though. Everything is black with some red exceptions in details! 

Never scared of sharing my edginess

So much edge, even reading this comment made me need a band-aid!

Yokes aside, to the OP: I dont see much of an issue with fashionframe copypasta. People can take a base fashion style and make tweaks to suit their own preferences.

The one that worries me, is the build-link. Metatrashbuilds are prevelant and bad enough with people barely ever trying things out for themselves, depending on someone else to tell them how to build weapons and frames, leaving that copying player unable to think for themselves and come up with their own unique builds. I see that as a far bigger issue than everyone copying a rainbow-vomit operator and frame.

1 minute ago, Giantconch said:

So much edge, even reading this comment made me need a band-aid!

Yokes aside, to the OP: I dont see much of an issue with fashionframe copypasta. People can take a base fashion style and make tweaks to suit their own preferences.

The one that worries me, is the build-link. Metatrashbuilds are prevelant and bad enough with people barely ever trying things out for themselves, depending on someone else to tell them how to build weapons and frames, leaving that copying player unable to think for themselves and come up with their own unique builds. I see that as a far bigger issue than everyone copying a rainbow-vomit operator and frame.

I agree with you. What's beautiful about Warframe is trying so many different options. I never watched streamers, neither copied builds. I always enjoyed so much figuring out what is the best for my own gameplay. Wouldn't be nice to give that to people even more easily so they can just copy/paste some meta build.