Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lazulite Toroid as a Twitch Drop

4 hours ago, Azurian-Draguard said:

A Resource out on the Plains of Eidolon but as those Wisp things , I remember seeing one of those as a Twitch Drop from DE's streams.  Was thinking maybe the Lazulite Toroid would of been done the same rather than giving one out as a resource.

Oh, the Eidolon Wisp decoration, yeah I got that.
I thought I missed a new twitch drop decoration there for a while.

So by your own words, you turned on the stream without knowing what you were getting, only that it was free... and went to sleep leaving it streaming without finding out what it was either, even though you knew you are on a 20gb per month data plan?

Doesn't look like much grounds for complaint tbh.

• Like 2

On 2019-07-27 at 10:34 PM, Oldskinzz said:

So by your own words, you turned on the stream without knowing what you were getting, only that it was free... and went to sleep leaving it streaming without finding out what it was either, even though you knew you are on a 20gb per month data plan?

Other then that they "sometimes DO say whet the drop is", yes, I've nothing to complain about.
They could just say what the drop is every time, then there would be no grief.

On 2019-07-27 at 10:34 PM, Oldskinzz said:

Free is something for nothing, 1/20th / 5% of my anytime monthly usage is not nothing.
DE could just say what the drop is before every twitch, (it annoys me they they do sometimes, but not every time)
that way I can just not watch the ones that give something I don't need/want,
but I will fix the situation by not watching anymore streams unless they say what the drop is.

On 2019-07-26 at 4:00 PM, General_Durandal said:

I can change the video quality during a stream? How?
I remember trying, and it didn't do anything.

are you on a pc or mobile 
on pc there is a gear on the bottom right of the stream window, click on it and select stream quality, select the quality you want the smaller the numbers the less data needed (resolution, FPS)

on mobile it is the same (at least with the latest version) except the gear is on the top left. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

Free is something for nothing, 1/20th / 5% of my anytime monthly usage is not nothing.
DE could just say what the drop is before every twitch, (it annoys me they they do sometimes, but not every time)
that way I can just not watch the ones that give something I don't need/want,
but I will fix the situation by not watching anymore streams unless they say what the drop is.

Free is only with reference to the drop. In this case the drop is given without consideration or compensation to DE, as long as you fulfill the condition of watching half an hour. You can consider it "free with strings attached" if you wish to nitpick 😁

From your perspective sure you are incurring other costs to get it but that is unrelated to the cost of the drop. Just like me handing out candy to kids on Halloween, sure i don't charge them for it but they better come get it from me themselves. It's still free nonetheless.

Your request that DE announces what the free drop is could be considered, they may even agree... but just to highlight, when something is given for free, no duty or responsibility is owed. DE could just as well call it a mystery gift, it's up to the individual whether to go for it. On the other hand if they are charging for something, eg Prime access, then they jolly well better tell buyers what they are getting.

2 minutes ago, Oldskinzz said:

Free is only with reference to the drop. In this case the drop is given without consideration or compensation to DE, as long as you fulfill the condition of watching half an hour. You can consider it "free with strings attached" if you wish to nitpick 😁

From your perspective sure you are incurring other costs to get it but that is unrelated to the cost of the drop. Just like me handing out candy to kids on Halloween, sure i don't charge them for it but they better come get it from me themselves. It's still free nonetheless.

Your request that DE announces what the free drop is could be considered, they may even agree... but just to highlight, when something is given for free, no duty or responsibility is owed. DE could just as well call it a mystery gift, it's up to the individual whether to go for it. On the other hand if they are charging for something, eg Prime access, then they jolly well better tell buyers what they are getting.

Very good Analogy, yeah, i'm pretty good at nitpicking, and a bit of a pessimist.
Hopefully they don't give away any items you can only get from that stream as "mystery gifts".

1 hour ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I enjoyed watching the stream. I forgot about twitch drops being a thing so it was a surprise when I logged in. I mean, I don't need it either at this point... but WF devstreams are the best.

I wish I could watch them without constant lagging, and without data usage.
The ones I did get to watch where pretty fun, back when I had good internet not attached to stream/download limits.

1 hour ago, spirit_of_76 said:

are you on a pc or mobile 
on pc there is a gear on the bottom right of the stream window, click on it and select stream quality, select the quality you want the smaller the numbers the less data needed (resolution, FPS)

on mobile it is the same (at least with the latest version) except the gear is on the top left. 

I'm on pc.
Man i'm dumb, well, I do sometimes want to actually watch the stream,
the why to using 480 over the others, but it's not like I can watch the whole thing do to lag anyway,
so I really should just use the lowest setting.

EDIT - Thank you o7

Edited by General_Durandal