Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #129 Overview

[DE]Taylor

Volt cloth physics make me happy. A bit frowning on how base/Tenno Volt uses it (you guys mashed the separate piece as part of the cloth texture 😞), but Volt Prime is 10/10 more than I expected. Can't wait to have it 😭

Also sad Dark Sectors ain't coming yet, but happy in the way Steve responded to the question, seems like he might have a few ideas to develop on later in the coming years.

6 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

After all this time you still have no idea about what Vauban's rework is gonna be?

You're not going to mention base Vauban still has his clothes glued to his butt!? >:o

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I was hoping to hear news that railjack would be here soon, but it looks like we “might” get it in the fall (Christmas for us console Tenno). More warframes aside, feels like a content drought.

That's cause it is, the 2018 drought hasn't really ended the only real difference between then and now is that DE is trickling little things at us to stave of a full drought.

Another way to look t is they keep handing us tiny lil' salads when we're all waiting for that steak.

Thanks for the overview, Taylor.

Space -> Safe typo's been mentioned.

Gauss - I'm quite looking forward to this, to my surprise.
So, feedback:  

Passive: His shield recharge rate increases while moving
Suffers from one of the fundamental shortcomings of shields - 3 sec delay after taking damage before they start recharging.
Unless his speed is sufficient to affect the aimgraph - which e.g. aimglide doesn't - while not bad in theory, it's effectively non-existent in practice.

First Ability: Can either be tapped for a short burst of speed, or held for a consistent drain to increase your speed (and give you the ability to run on water) but at a cost of maneuverability.
Any thoughts on making Hold-1 a toggle? i.e. once you've held it long enough to activate, it remains active until disabled, freeing up your finger.

Second Ability: This ability will protect you from physical, cold and heat damage at the cost of draining your gauge. As it protects, it will replenish small amounts of energy as well. With this ability active, slamming into your enemies with your first ability will cause slash procs.
Defensive abilities (or reliable AoE CC) are mandatory for higher level content, so no complaints there. The Heat/Cold are an odd choice (and cold's very rare as a damage type), but I assume it ties conceptually with the 3rd ability, so *shrug*.
Late edit: Someone on Reddit mentioned that Gauss' concept is 'kinetic energy'. In light of that, if true, Cold/Heat makes perfect sense.
Slight rage effect at the expense of Gauge? Fair enough, I guess.
Slash procs - Ability nukes that don't inherit weapon mods (or have some other scaling) don't fare well past mid-starchart. Thematic Shocking Speed variant, I guess. Don't see this being hugely impactful, but works for the flavor/fridge logic.

Third Ability: Depending if you tap or hold the casting button, this ability will either cast a circle of cold or a circle of heat around you, hurting enemies. Double tapping or double-holding will force another freezing or heat proc on enemies within the area.
Interesting mechanics.
Sadly, procs are not made equal, but I can see Cold -> Freeze and Cold -> Blast seeing general use, and Heat potentially synergizing with Ember (lol?), so fair enough.

Fourth Ability: Once your gauge is filled, this ability will unlock. Upon cast, you will be able to fill up the top half of the gauge, increasing your movement, reload, and melee speed, and damage.
If you do not hit the 100% cap of the top half of your gauge by the time this ability ends, your entire metre will drain.
So this is a general boost that, once built up, can be repeatedly recast as long as you keep your gauge full (by moving) each time it's up?
Also, I assume that it's "hit 100% gauge while ability's active" rather than "be at 100% gauge when ability runs out" or you're basically locking players out of using their 1 and 2 while their 4's up - which would be interesting for limited-spawn game modes, but unless you can actually pull off letting the player go all pinball on the enemies, of limited use in anything with dense spawns.

"Gauss and Grednel will be released together in true BFF style in a future update."
You accidentally an 'in'.

Not actually a fan of the new loadout screen, just like I'm not a fan of all of the new minimalist UI choices.
That said, being able to customize the visual should help a bit.

"The NPCs in your Railjack will hide when boarded, but that might change in future updates to the system. "

If they're intended to be impactful or significant, don't make them killable.
That'll go over about as well as making an enemy that permanently destroys one of your loadout's weapons.

"The new melee finisher from the demo is actually using a new multi-tool that will come with every Warframe."
While this is delightful and all (and I don't mean that as dismissive as it sounds, but can't find another way to say it that doesn't too), does it actually address any of the issues with the current iteration of finishers?
To wit: They are finicky, they are slow, they compete with melee key for activation and they lock you into animation - which makes them utterly useless past level ~20 missions if you're actually trying for stealth rather than Blind/Sleep-killing everything, because it leaves you exposed and vulnerable given that enemies are rarely alone past mid-starchart - but you can only execute enemies one by one.
Also, not all enemies have finisher animations, nor for all weapons, nor from both facings.

Yea, some sort of toggle for the 1st power on Gauss would make it more ergonomic to use in most set-ups that you'd use (unless you specifically bind around Gauss).

Also, as elsewhere, everyone together now: Sonic boom, sonic boom, sonic boom...

On 2019-07-27 at 12:35 PM, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I was hoping to hear news that railjack would be here soon, but it looks like we “might” get it in the fall (Christmas for us console Tenno). More warframes aside, feels like a content drought.

My brother just started playing warframe for the first time so I've been having a blast playing with him and teaching him. 

I'm Mr 27 so before there was literally nothing to do but grind nightwave 

17 minutes ago, Arniox said:

My brother just started playing warframe for the first time so I've been having a blast playing with him and teaching him. 

I'm Mr 27 so before there was literally nothing to do but grind nightwave 

I’m also a MR27 from the early days of PS4 launch. I try to help new players when I can, but I (and I’m sure I’m not alone) cannot wait to get my hands on a railjack.

Archived