Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss maneuverability increasing idea.(and all other speed frames who are too fast to control and are for only mobility like wukong)

elitharcos

I think it would be a wise option to include "path finding" for these warframes.

Path finding in this case would mean the following:

When you hold the "incredibly high speed" button(Gauss speeding, wukong cloud etc.) it would bring up the map and you have ~10 seconds to choose a destination.

When you choose that destination, the ability will try to find a path to get there. For Gauss it would look like running on the floor there through enemies, etc. and when reaching it it will just run forward and control is given to the one who started it. Thiough for distance limits it would be wise to implement that you can choose destination if it is within the range of that limit. If there is something in the way, Gauss will run through it if the destination was selected like that with a special effect(for cases of doors in short). moving anywhere during this time interrupts it and you go on your own way like you just activated the button also no special effect of running through the door, etc.

For case of wukong it would calculate in distance(m) = movement_speed(m/s)*duration(s) and choose then a destination. like a fast travel that works even inside small space missions.

Edited by elitharcos

10 minutes ago, elitharcos said:

It wouldn't be an op change, but rather a "wow this warframe is cool because of that" change.

I view it as the opposite. Sure, it wont be an OP change. But what you are saying seems like a real pain to use. I would rather get the speed boost and do what I want with it, I really don't want to have to pick a destination first. You seem to have not considered how annoying this would be in the middle of combat. Remember, people use these abilities for more than just running to a destination. Take Volt - his speed helps with melee, why in the world do I want to use my melee buff, then pick somewhere to run to? You don't mention him, but you do Wukong, so I am assuming you mean Volt too.

• This change does not improve anything. I would see 'wow, this frame had potential but got ruined because of a poor choice'.

The Nova portal idea is terrible. This would only detract from the ability. I see absolutely no benefit in it. Currently, you can use Wormhole for mobility, if desired. Giving us a portal gun is totally pointless.

Edited by krc473

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I view it as the opposite. Sure, it wont be an OP change. But what you are saying seems like a real pain to use. I would rather get the speed boost and do what I want with it, I really don't want to have to pick a destination first. You seem to have not considered how annoying this would be in the middle of combat. Remember, people use these abilities for more than just running to a destination. Take Volt - his speed helps with melee, why in the world do I want to use my melee buff, then pick somewhere to run to? You don't mention him, but you do Wukong, so I am assuming you mean Volt too.

• This change does not improve anything. I would see 'wow, this frame had potential but got ruined because of a poor choice'.

The Nova portal idea is terrible. This would only detract from the ability. I see absolutely no benefit in it. Currently, you can use Wormhole for mobility, if desired. Giving us a portal gun is totally pointless.

That's what i mentioned, it would only be brought up if you hold it for a long time, if you just press it, it would remain the same. this would just increase the usage of that ability for certain people. I am always careful with the wording. it wouldn't rework something on warframe, just add a mechanic to it so it is useful on more areas.

Edit: nova was just an idea along with post and removed it tho it was really a rework tho and now i think it was inappropriate here thanks for mentioning it.

Edited by elitharcos

Honestly, Cloudwalker is one of the easier ones to use outside of the visibility reduction that needs to be fixed.

Unlike other mobility abilities there is no preservation of momentum. Pressing backwards moves you backwards immediately, regardless of how fast you were going forwards.

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Honestly, Cloudwalker is one of the easier ones to use outside of the visibility reduction that needs to be fixed.

Unlike other mobility abilities there is no preservation of momentum. Pressing backwards moves you backwards immediately, regardless of how fast you were going forwards.

Yeah, but it would just be an addition to him, i mean additions never hurt, they don't have any "hold button" mechanic and this would only apply if you hold the button. Wukong is just an idea along because he has high mobility too, but sure he is actually easily maneuverable, but new player friendliness never hurts, also this change would just be interesting and allowing more tests on this new kind of mechanic(if it would be brought in)

Edited by elitharcos

4 minutes ago, elitharcos said:

I am always careful with the wording. it wouldn't rework something on warframe

You have failed to account for the fact that this does something already. It does something on Gauss, so you are suggesting reworking an ability. You can word stuff as carefully as you like, but if you do not know how an ability works that is irrelevant. Your suggestion would add a function to these frames, yes. But, you will also have to consider the 'invert tap/hold' function, this will mean where speed was on tap, it will now be a hold. So, to avoid reworking anything, you are going to have to change your suggested trigger method.

• I disagree that this would add anything. It seems like an incredibly clunky mechanic that would only serve to frustrate people.

16 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You have failed to account for the fact that this does something already. It does something on Gauss, so you are suggesting reworking an ability. You can word stuff as carefully as you like, but if you do not know how an ability works that is irrelevant. Your suggestion would add a function to these frames, yes. But, you will also have to consider the 'invert tap/hold' function, this will mean where speed was on tap, it will now be a hold. So, to avoid reworking anything, you are going to have to change your suggested trigger method.

• I disagree that this would add anything. It seems like an incredibly clunky mechanic that would only serve to frustrate people.

it would count as a rework if it would make the ability completely on first button press reworked, but no. all i am mentioning is that if you HOLD the button it would allow a pathing function.

Currently he only has a potentital in POE , fortuna.

This ability currently would give him a high speed boost, BUT imagine that on any map which is INSIDE not poe, not fortuna, inside!

Pathing would allow better movement inside buildings and you could interrupt and go back to original running if you interrupt.

This would be an addition only to the ability, not a complete rework, i mentioned you have to HOLD IT DOWN to make it like this, not just press it.

Pressing wouldn't change.

Tell me. What would be BAD in this addition?

I don't want any other comment as of "But it would be a rework" i want to know what do you think would be BAD about this idea? It doesn't change anything just adds something to the ability. Similar to when zephyr got the ability to hover, because ohho zephyr WAS reworked, but only her 1st and 2nd ability got into one(which was an actually nice change) and got even a hovering as an ADDITION to it, she wasn't able to hover. Did it make her worse? no, just gave more options to play her and some fun mechanics. her wind lash tho is sht i agree on that.

Edit: That's why hydroid's 2nd ability is bad too and no one uses it tho, because you can move as fast as you would like to but you will always collide with something inside a building. Tho i wouldn't give him a pathing, maybe if his 2nd ability was completely reworked which is another thing.(But not a bad idea tbh)

Edited by elitharcos

32 minutes ago, elitharcos said:

I don't want any other comment as of "But it would be a rework" i want to know what do you think would be BAD about this idea?

You are stating 'remove the current planed functionality of holding the button for Gauss, and implement this'. Whether you like it or not, you are proposing a rework to the ability. You are changing how the ability works, removing a feature that is central to the frame's design, for this. For your suggestion to be implement, Gauss needs a rework. You have to hold down the 'run fast' ability to get it to stay on, building your gauge so you can use other abilities. You are removing this entirely, forcing people to pick destinations on a map in the midst of combat if they wish to use other abilities.

• If you do not want comments about reworks, you need to figure out how stuff works prior to posting. And then make your proposal as to not interfere with currently planned mechanics.

What would be bad: well, ever try to survive with a somewhat squishy frame while scrolling across a map to determine where you actually want to go? This will result in many deaths, unless you make the frame invulnerable in this phase, which then makes it an OP change. You would get up to 10s of invulnerability to move two steps forward. I cannot see anything good about your suggestion.

• Opening the map in combat is bad.
  • Relying on AI to do pathing for you is bad. This may have a negative impact on performance in some cases.
  • Potentially messing up people's preferred settings is bad. You have not even considered 'Invert Tap/Hold' settings. This is something that will have a negative impact for some people.
  • I could go on, but I am not convinced you are bothering to read everything I post. I have mentioned these already and you have not acknowledged them, rather, asked me to repeat why I think it is bad.

55 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You are stating 'remove the current planed functionality of holding the button for Gauss, and implement this'. Whether you like it or not, you are proposing a rework to the ability. You are changing how the ability works, removing a feature that is central to the frame's design, for this. For your suggestion to be implement, Gauss needs a rework. You have to hold down the 'run fast' ability to get it to stay on, building your gauge so you can use other abilities. You are removing this entirely, forcing people to pick destinations on a map in the midst of combat if they wish to use other abilities.

• If you do not want comments about reworks, you need to figure out how stuff works prior to posting. And then make your proposal as to not interfere with currently planned mechanics.

What would be bad: well, ever try to survive with a somewhat squishy frame while scrolling across a map to determine where you actually want to go? This will result in many deaths, unless you make the frame invulnerable in this phase, which then makes it an OP change. You would get up to 10s of invulnerability to move two steps forward. I cannot see anything good about your suggestion.

• Opening the map in combat is bad.
  • Relying on AI to do pathing for you is bad. This may have a negative impact on performance in some cases.
  • Potentially messing up people's preferred settings is bad. You have not even considered 'Invert Tap/Hold' settings. This is something that will have a negative impact for some people.
  • I could go on, but I am not convinced you are bothering to read everything I post. I have mentioned these already and you have not acknowledged them, rather, asked me to repeat why I think it is bad.

I know about that you have to hold down the button to stay fast but not at the initial press(or yes? Didn't read into him that far i thought it is something kike you hit it and during run you have to hold it but whatever. If that was your problem it is understandable.)

Also making the character invulnerable during this phase would not make him op if the invulnerability is regarded to the pathing, invulnerability and status resistance are not the same thing so a grineer magnetic door or eidolon wave could stop him during this. For consideration:

-rhino is an indestructible warframe

-Loki can give 16 secs of invulnerability just like harrow

-wukong is invulnerable too during his cloud walk which lasts for 6 seconds.

It would make him invulnerable sure, but there are many things in the game that can make you invulnerable. Even vazarin jumps for 6 seconds.

-You don't have to use the mapping option during combat you can use initial cast

-it is not an ai when you do pathing. Pathing is just that there is a line what your character follows i did pathing in gms2 and even jumps work well. AI are based on that sure, but they do a pretty good job usually otherwise the game would be unplayable. As an example for pathing what already is in the game is the marking because when something is outside of your block the mark just sets the closest exits. Yeah sure sometimes that one thing bugs but only in certain times and the pathing for the ability doesn't have to be like that you know. If it would just make the pathing similar to a normal ai it would work pretty well. Also when you throw orvius or shoot with buzlok the shots are doing a pathing what ignores the walls.

-honestly i will never understand how holding a button can be frustrating for some people. I mean. In hydroid's case it is partially understandable because more damage etc. But holding a button for a little longer for another effect is nit big of deal. Do these people have some sort of disease that their finger will break if they have to hold a button for 3 sec instead of tapping just once? For inverted tapping like you have to tap again tho i agree is a hateful mechanic but it is because you are locked out from using that ability again but all i mentioned was an initial holding or a better function would be that you have to stay still for 2 seconds and hold the button to trigger pathing if that really is a problem.

-you didn't list these things and I don't have to think about them by my own mind I mean when someone comes up with an idea they don't think about everything and that's why most gaming companies have teams they can think about multiple possibilities.

Edit: also it can be reverted so if you hold it then you will run normally bit you do a double tap(for ensurance 2 taps in both cases only count on Releasing the button to make sure it was a tap alo time frame to do that is 1 second.) you will start pathing.

Edited by elitharcos