Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

operator aging in the duviri paradox

My guess is that you will exist as both your aged and youthful operator simultaneously. 

I don't think anything is going to change for the Starchart in general but there are likely missions or sub-missions where you dip through portals like ones on Lua and you play as your geriatric self for a while before returning to your standard angsty self. 

• Like 10

I'm hoping it's not permanent, as it would kinda ruin the whole metaphorical point of operators, for your true form to be meek and small while what you believe you are and what you want to be is big, strong, and destructive.

Why should The Second Dream and The Sacrifice even exist if we're going to become able to do what our frames can do?

• Like 1

The Devstream today made it sound like it was going to be purely an aspect of the Duviri area. So we likely still remain as a child operator in the regular solar system full time. 

Slightly off topic but they also made it sound like some of our Operator cosmetics would not "scale up" to our new adult status, and ultimately said nothing they said on the cosmetic matter was set in stone at the moment, ask again later. 

• Like 1

Im hoping to bee older/mature looking and stay that way...in all missions and not just in paradox world. Because what the all the trouble if in the end we are back in same spot and situation... I don't see the point for all this. But if we can choose maybe in the end what we want and change maybe later on if we change mind's...its like when you get your power back you have options to stay mature or with that power to get back young. 🤔😏

1 hour ago, McGoodGreen said:

Slightly off topic but they also made it sound like some of our Operator cosmetics would not "scale up" to our new adult status, and ultimately said nothing they said on the cosmetic matter was set in stone at the moment, ask again later. 

I'm pretty sure that's a matter of how it would fit into the world/time space you're in. Like, it would make no sense for you to wear cosmetics from Fortuna or Cetus if you're playing through memories from before your cryo sleep, or an alternate reality where the Orokin don't fall. The trailer only showed pre old war stuff with Zariman ship and suit, Dax soldier, and Tigris. The lack of Void powers and the Zariman ship in the background suggest it may even be before we returned from the Void. Since it was a military ship, the Dax soldier could even be part of the mad crew.

Technically it is definitely possible though, because morphing is a thing, hence their quick first response. There can and probably will be more than one time space though, so maybe some cosmetics work for some parts of the story/areas but not others. 

This is quite the can of worms they've opened 😄 

6 hours ago, Oreades said:

My guess is that you will exist as both your aged and youthful operator simultaneously. 

I don't think anything is going to change for the Starchart in general but there are likely missions or sub-missions where you dip through portals like ones on Lua and you play as your geriatric self for a while before returning to your standard angsty self. 

dafaq is "Geriatric"?

*googles "Geriatric"*

First result:

med_f413e567903fc72c8d9acb5a12f613c7.jpg

Oh... ok.

Edited by Kaotyke

Im hoping for some cool dax outfit for my operator,we already seen dax helmet in umbra quest when his son have close and open mask/helmet... so this can bee cool option to have in future for mature operator. And we know we are going to become some warrior without power so we are getting weapons probably melee. And its all about dax zombie undead enemies,so I think we are getting more about this cool world. So I don't see why not having all this cool dax outfit and weapons for your self. Amd yea every open world is getting new outfits for operator specially when this open world is all about operator,so I thik its for sore we arw getting something weary cool outfits in prime design style direction... if that happened then I don't think we are going to care much about old outfits.

Edited by Vlada91
  • Like 1

I'm confident DE will perform their standard "one step further" performance with updates and let us use all cosmetics as an adult operator and give us the choice which one we play as in non-Duviri play.  If not, well, I expect most head accessories and the less bulky costume bits (largely Tenno suits) to make it. 

Game play wise, I suspect adult Tenno will swap magical powers and the AMP for more guns.  It's important to remember that at the end of the day even the operator is just a "tool" for us to use to get through missions.  So for your secondary form you can choose MORE weaponry, or to instead bring utility (current space kid.)  At least, that's how I'd do it.  They have to know people will want to keep their space man/woman form. 

However, I suspect to be efficient about it, they'll have to artificially modulate voices.  Every VA saying their lines in two tones might be asking a bit much, I don't know.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

At the beginning there were no operators, then they became mandatory.Next they had the ultimate that was replaced by the amps.So i expect it to be a permanent change.In the end it depends on the paradox.Will it be instant growth, ourself from the future or another timeline from the multiverse?But to be us from the future implies that we were on that world as kids, something that hasn't happened or was hinted anywhere so far.

28 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Will my operators feminine chest fill out tho....

Already seeing increases with nw operator infested suit...

I whose thinking the same thing but did you notice neck how skinny it is on mature operator.imagine that is neck naked,then it wuold be much skinnier... I know with different outfits that is not going to bee a problem and who is watching that. But if that is not right then im hoping that body is not in some skinny form. Specially when you don't have outfits for some reason on your mature operator...

9 hours ago, FrostPrime said:

I really doubt we’ll be permanently aged up. Duviri is likely a place where the operator can’t use their Warframe, and is instead forced to rely on weapons and the like but in regular missions we’ll probably still be in the teens.

Choice is a good thing. We obviously haven’t been human for a long time now, so before this becomes a battle of “shame the other guy”, just give us both or better yet an aging slider.

Let the DP be the lore that gives us the ability TO CHOOSE.

• Like 2

My theory is that there are two operators. A human body that kept aging and the void touched body. What I think happens is a mind swap. The player has been in the void touched body all this time and gets pushed out and into human body which is stranded somewhere. That is why they try to use powers because just seconds ago they could. But the human body has no powers.

And if that's true. What mind was in control of that human body for all that time before the mind swap?

IPVYOvT.png