Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elitharcos

Make radiation Great again!(Rework idea for radiation)

Recommended Posts

Rework idea for radiation:

Regarding enemies: Whenever an enemy is affected by radiation status effect they will effectively try to shoot/hit everything in their reach, this status lasts for 30(+affects from mods) seconds or until the enemy hits someone who is not radiated. When the enemy unit hits an unradiated unit the status duration halves and both of them will be radiated for the time being. The duration halves only if they hit someone not radiated. If they hit a warframe or anyone not radiated they become radiated too. However they prioritize already radiated enemies.

Regarding Warframes/tenno: When a warframe is radiated, they get all buffs, arcanes and mods disabled from warframe and weapons which modifies power strength or damage for the effect being.(power range, efficiency and duration mods are unaffected) When a warframe shoots someone unradiated with radiation they TRANSFER their radiation to them as long as they are not another warframe, if you shoot another warframe or an initially ally you will have your radiation status reduced to 5 seconds and they get radiated for 5 seconds too. When the effect ends all buffs lost are regained. The warframes during radiation cannot buff allies and allies count as enemies thus cannot be healed. While being under the effects of radiation EVERYONE will look like the unit who inflicted the effect on you(skins are replaced so warframes can still be determined by movement, but if they are standing it is harder to determine). Abilities do not trigger on warframes, not a single one.

Overall change what applies to radiation on everyone: When radiation ends units are protected from being radiated again for 30 seconds, but each time they would be affected by the status again cuts off 1 second from the protection.

 

Trolling possibility: Small because warframes will have the models of enemies so they cannot intentionally want to kill allies if they cannot see them, but anyway their damage is reduced to base damage during this time even on warframe, so the damage they deal to allies is minimal, just like the damage dealt to enemies.

Game fluidity: Normal this wouldn't change much on game fluidity due to the effect being the same as before but it is more infective and the players are put out to be in more danger, but to avoid it being annoying completely the 30 seconds of protection is great. Also many abilities which have status protection would be a good way to apply radiation yet avoid being affected by it and those are not reduced by being radiated by 1 second.

Fun factor: Normal I say normal for that too, because some people would prefer it that a status finally makes challenge to them and some people would hate it because well... they are crybabies who hate statuses affecting them.

Difference: Slightly higher than Normal I say this because this would allow this status to be applied more often in games, on enemy weapons, etc. without making overpowered troll allies kill you or the defensive object. I mean... with base damage without abilities, i think it is almost impossible, if not completely impossible.(But for defense objectives i would give 90% immunity)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

er, 30 seconds but cancels if hitting something that doesn't have Radiation Status would be... an overall nerf to the Status Effect unless you mass applied it to the whole room? >.>

and i'm not keen on having Cooldowns for the Status Effect(or any, really).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

er, 30 seconds but cancels if hitting something that doesn't have Radiation Status would be... an overall nerf to the Status Effect unless you mass applied it to the whole room? >.>

and i'm not keen on having Cooldowns for the Status Effect(or any, really).

Yeah, but as i mentioned only if they shoot at someone NOT radiated already. So if everyone is radiated the radiation stays(so for example loki's irradiating disarm is unaffected by this modification) But once that runs down, everyone will have a protection against that status for a time. With continous misery, etc this status can be like 60 seconds too which is actually long enough, because you can anytime just apply radiation to multiple enemies before they start bashing at eachother, so if you like using tysis it is not really a nerf. For those who use 1% status chance weapons with 1 shot/second fire rate it might feel like troubling tho, but still for mass apply you can use other things, other weapons, etc. This modification just makes sure that many people in room will eventually be affected by it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, elitharcos said:

it is not really a nerf.

except what if i don't always use a specific Warframe Augment in every Mission or always spin in circles with a Radiation Ignis? :/

23 minutes ago, elitharcos said:

This modification just makes sure that many people in room will eventually be affected by it.

except it literally won't because you said that an Enemy attacking an Enemy without Radiation Status cancels the Radiation Status. so they're going to lose it within a few seconds and now be immune to it for a long time.

i don't see how that's any better than now at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, taiiat said:

except what if i don't always use a specific Warframe Augment in every Mission or always spin in circles with a Radiation Ignis? 😕

except it literally won't because you said that an Enemy attacking an Enemy without Radiation Status cancels the Radiation Status. so they're going to lose it within a few seconds and now be immune to it for a long time.

i don't see how that's any better than now at all.

well, i didn't say anything about "Reapplying" the status so let me explain.

The status cooldown for radiation status proc is ONLY after it ended, so if you hit someone with radiation you can reapply it within that time being. Yeah sure you don't have to bring radiation ignis... i said Tysis in my mentioning. Low status chance tho? Then why rely on exactly this status? Also yes, i don't bring ignis, etc. in missions nowadays and i rarely see radiation affected enemies at all...

 

Your second quote is for "Warframes" only so if a warframe is affected by radiation they lose it fast, not enemies. Enemies will just simply go from 30 -->15|15 ---> 8|8|8|8 but if you apply status on one again it may look like 30|15 or 30|8|8|8 or even 30|30|8|8. So if you make 4 enemies in room go 30|30|30|30 they will all be like 15|15|15|15|15|15|15|15 by the time they would apply to others because they lets say didn'T apply it to eachother. Those enemies who are already affected will not do anything to eachother's duration. only warframes can reduce warframe duration if they shoot an ally accidentally or not.

for enemies in short: They attack eachother, prioritize radiated enemies, don't mess with their status duration, they mess with the status duration of those who are NOT YET affected by applying their own portion to them. They don't get anyone out from radiated.

 

sidenote: "I don't see how that's any better..." well that's why it is called a rework, not a buff. i think this would give a bit more variety and use on enemy side to the game without breaking the game completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, elitharcos said:

but anyway their damage is reduced to base damage during this time even on warframe, so the damage they deal to allies is minimal, just like the damage dealt to enemies.

Not really, unless you are using some tank frame, even a just decently modded mastery fodder can kill a frame, don't even talk of people running spin to win or ignis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, elitharcos said:

Enemies will just simply go from 30 -->15|15 ---> 8|8|8|8 but if you apply status on one again it may look like 30|15 or 30|8|8|8 or even 30|30|8|8. So if you make 4 enemies in room go 30|30|30|30 they will all be like 15|15|15|15|15|15|15|15 by the time they would apply to others because they lets say didn'T apply it to eachother. Those enemies who are already affected will not do anything to eachother's duration.

so to use it i have to reapply it to many Enemies repeatedly, to ensure that they can keep it? only for them to ultimately lose it in a handful of seconds anyways (unless i stand there and babysit it and keep applying it), just like it is now.

and then i get a cooldown, everyones' favorite way for games to make sanity checks.
and then, how is this actually better than now? i spray Radiation on some Enemies, they autospread it for me, then in a few seconds it wears off anyways.

 

with Radiation Status already being situationally very useful and a useful Damage Type anyways, i'm not seeing why i want it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, taiiat said:

so to use it i have to reapply it to many Enemies repeatedly, to ensure that they can keep it? only for them to ultimately lose it in a handful of seconds anyways (unless i stand there and babysit it and keep applying it), just like it is now.

and then i get a cooldown, everyones' favorite way for games to make sanity checks.
and then, how is this actually better than now? i spray Radiation on some Enemies, they autospread it for me, then in a few seconds it wears off anyways.

 

with Radiation Status already being situationally very useful and a useful Damage Type anyways, i'm not seeing why i want it either.

Usually you kill enemies by the time it wears off anyway, but by them spreading it instead of you they actually do some sht too 😄 . Also what i try to get with this status to be used more on enemy side too without making it trollingly effective. so no more insta-loss on defensive mission cause of trolls whilist having fun with this proc. that's what i meant. A rework that makes it more useful in certain scenarios. You can use it just like now, by the time it wears off they are usually dead anyway but at least they spread it before they die, even if just a bit. also if you equip a slow nova this is applied for a longer time and for example if you use Equinox CURRENTLY if he has 300% power strength he can make enemies be so fast that radiation currently wears off in like 4 seconds.(or any status.) without full potential, so it would get rid of partially of the fastening effects.(and since cooldown would be a part of this status too, i guess fastenings like nova could affect it) so they are longer affected if a nova or equinox is present at least, because they spread it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

Not really, unless you are using some tank frame, even a just decently modded mastery fodder can kill a frame, don't even talk of people running spin to win or ignis

Read warframe related part again: "they get all buffs, arcanes and mods disabled from warframe and weapons which modifies power strength or damage for the effect being."

I honestly can't belive anyone dying to that. but it does damage. so your modding theory sank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooooorrrrrrrr u can just grab a dps frame and insta nuke the map. Let's face it cc, radiation, special mechanics aren't going to matter or have a use so as long as we can just map clear enemies in an instant who don't even put up a fight nor are they even smart or powerful enough to make a difference making them fight each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SutomuDrgn said:

Oooooorrrrrrrr u can just grab a dps frame and insta nuke the map. Let's face it cc, radiation, special mechanics aren't going to matter or have a use so as long as we can just map clear enemies in an instant who don't even put up a fight nor are they even smart or powerful enough to make a difference making them fight each other. 

Yeah, but that's where this rework would come in.

If radiation would make all of your mods that include damage/power strength and arcanes go away for that time you cannot just nuke the map.

Sure nuking is fun, but it is the endgame and sometimes a random radiation proc could even surprise you like this.(Also that's why i get sometimes the wtf face when people say for a gauss addition idea as op when we have literally one-shot weapons/warframes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, elitharcos said:

Yeah, but that's where this rework would come in.

If radiation would make all of your mods that include damage/power strength and arcanes go away for that time you cannot just nuke the map.

Sure nuking is fun, but it is the endgame and sometimes a random radiation proc could even surprise you like this.(Also that's why i get sometimes the wtf face when people say for a gauss addition idea as op when we have literally one-shot weapons/warframes)

Well an issue with that is random radiation procs wouldn't set a bar of "fun" gameplay but more of an annoyance. If maybe a specific enemy type with a special kind of attack that is noticeable then maybe but this is a general proc that can happen on random occurrence. Leech eximus is probly the best example of how a battle mechanic such as taking player energy but made by random and unnoticeable in a sea of enemies leaves ppl annoyed. But also ideally this wouldnt be a good way of making gameplay engaging since ppl should be required to aim for enemies not make it so they not aim at team mates (which can see bickering already), maneuvering should be more of timed dodges escaping big moves rather than tanks dodging nothing to everyone needing to dodge every random bullet storm, and worrying about purpose in a team composition rather than rendering builds useless without a form of skillful form of counter play/strategy. 

Nuking isn't really a form of endgame well if it is then that's really sad but really Warframe doesn't have one to this day lol. Nuking is just efficient and players are usually gonna take what's most efficient and if I had to be honest I'm really against it as it isn't in any way encouraging or engaging gameplay and it's just sad personally for me this is all the game has become. But even then by making ability strength null purely from a status proc wouldn't help either as it just feel like its reversing what happened to cc over the past few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...