Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When the "Soon fest" stop ?

Terenor

14 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

damn, this thread is old..

even when they go into more detail, it's not enough for most people; no matter what they say, people will be impatient, so why waste breath? anyway, it's coming this week on PC, we'' likely have it in early-mid September. they've been pretty quick with console certs recently.

Very old and yes you can’t please everyone I’m well aware of that. But I’m not the only one here and I’m pretty sure more if not most people would be fine with it. And they may go into detail but still slap that soon label on it. Making it seem like “ohhh it can be here anytime now” and keep players hyped. Until it’s a disappointing and unsatisfying update making people upset

On 2019-07-27 at 10:03 AM, Lazarow said:

It gets people hyped up so they dont leave the game, I see a lot of topics about duvirii but I know its not gonna come until like a year or more from now so the hype is effectively a marketing strategy to spread the word of what is to come soon and DE dropping us a little teaser just got it up up and HYPED. 

that three year (close to four,) hype train for melee 3.0 is reeaaalllly building my hype up.

Jokes aside, the longer DE hypes an update, and the more delayed the update gets, the more disappointed players will be with the final product.

• Like 2

I'd you look at the big picture how D.E. operates, you realize their release plan, the update cycle... There is a reason to all of this. They don't choose when to release stuff. They work on numerous small dev. projects in WF. that's one reason why nothing gets finished in a given timeframe.

We don't get to choose how we want WF updates to be released unfortunately.

• Like 1

For now, i'm okay with soon when it comes to Melee 3.0 - But... ! But with every passing day it's not out, i'm also expecting more of the rework.. As of now I have very high expectation of Melee 3.0 because it has been developed for some time now. I't need to introduce new mechanics to melee and not just stat changes and how combo works. I'm personally hoping operator can use melee weapons that is somehow infused with void energy, or the operator has a devil trigger ability that summons a void energy melee weapons that gives your a burst of DPS for a shot period, that ofc. can be upgraded in the focus tree some how.

That just being 1 example on what my expectation for melee has become.. But then again, I might be pretty naive to expect big mechanics changes/addition like that.. I still remember when I unlocked the operator for the first time, and that was like the biggest surprise I every experiences in a video game.. I think ^^ 

TL:DR

The longer Melee 3.0 takes, the bigger my expectation from it is.

EDIT:

I realized I kinda when off-topic from the OP thread. Yeah soon sucks, as it's hard to plan around, when you got work, wife, kids and other social responsibilities, it kinda don't respect the time of there players imo. But, the upside is that DE don't get burned out and has to resort to crunch, and overall don't create a bad work environment.

Edited by Lykk3

On 2019-07-27 at 9:56 AM, Terenor said:

- Melee 3.0 soon 

- Melee 3.0 soon 

- Railjack Soon

- News wars Soon

- Melee 3.0 soon 

- Railjack Soon

- News wars Soon

- News ligthning and ships skin soon

- News open world soon

- Look link soon

- end games soon

- new player expérience soon

this need to stop.

Deal with it. Get used it.

Looking at the OP list it is no wonder people are screaming. Not because DE have said those things in the list, but because people like OP imagine that DE have said those things in the list.

2017 Melee 3.0 soon? When exactly? They talked alot about damage 3.0 in 2017, which was a whole different thing that got scrapped. Was supposed to launch with Khora, who got delayed due to the scrap. Melee 3.0 was mentioned around summer 2018 and the reason Rev shipped without his 2h Nikana in august.

2018 Railjack soon? When? They showed a very early glimpse of it at tennocon 2018, an early glimpse that wasnt even intended for tennocon that year, but still something they managed to rush together to show for an audience.

2018 New War soon? When? They mentioned it was being worked on, but never claimed soon.

People really need to stop adding soon after everything they hear from DE because if not you will be let down due to your own expectations and self overhype time and time again.

This is kinda like the console players that complained about how plague star had been delayed over and over and over for them when in reality it was spot on every single time and the only part that had to wait was us on PC for the latest one. Yeesh! Get your timelines straight.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 3

Ok so nothing to remoov NICE !

170*40 = 6800 hours yes its the numbers of hours they work by days and 136000 by month

it's look they work very very hard in Canada.

Edited by Terenor

Never, they engrain their players with habitual logging in by timegating everything and giving you the fear of missing out. (login rewards, focus 23 different standings, your daily trades) 

So they do not have to deliver regularly and won't lose out on much.  

Edited by Palsteron

I remember a stream over a year ago that showed Clan Warlords being able to create a clan-only mission. You could select the mission type and even the enemies that spawned in the mission. They showed it all off working fine on their end, and was supposedly "coming soon". 

Since that stream, we haven't seen it since. 

Rip clan-only missions.