Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mining

This is probably the worst thing DE ever created (after stamina bar ofc). 

Running around Eidolon hoping to mine the right material that you need in huge quantities just to rank up in Ostron is even bigger of a chore than nightwaves.

Edited by InfinitusPhoenix

8 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

just to rank up in Ostron

I get where you're coming from but... You chose to rank it up by mining. There are other ways to do it. I'd just try and get the Murkray bait as soon as you can, and use Murkrays to rank up until you can get the Glappid bait. Then farm glappid for very good amounts of standing.

Mining was never an optimal strategy for standing in PoE. Just like fishing, on other hand, isn't the best way to rank up in Fortuna. Animal Conservation and Mining are. Either way best luck.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

After some testing, I found the easiest and fastest way to mining in PoE is actually messing up the mining process deliberately. Do not attempt to do the perfect timing. Instead just start and count down and immediately stop. This way you still get around 40% of what you get for perfect, while saving a lot of time. It works excellently especially when you can reliably find a lot of veins to mine. One such spot can be found at the west side pool cave. Go there, quickly exhaust all veins and reset.

If in case you need not only the common ore/gems but also the rare ones, tap the spot, check if there is the special bracket. If yes, finish the bracket. Otherwise let it go. This way you get all qualities of materials.

Of course, if this method is used too widely, DE might tune down the quantity. Enjoy while you have it.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I get where you're coming from but... You chose to rank it up by mining. There are other ways to do it. I'd just try and get the Murkray bait as soon as you can, and use Murkrays to rank up until you can get the Glappid bait. Then farm glappid for very good amounts of standing.

Mining was never an optimal strategy for standing in PoE. Just like fishing, on other hand, isn't the best way to rank up in Fortuna. Animal Conservation and Mining are. Either way best luck.

They might be talking about the items needed to rank up when you reached the standing required, as they're talking about having to get specific ores/gems.

Although, I personally would just kill Tusk Thumpers, they're easy to kill, just use something that slows them. They drop the ores/gems/fish items you need other than the fish scales, but at least for those you can just get any fish while fishing rather than a specific fish.

• Like 1

mining is definitely easier during the day, you get disturbed less by roaming Vomvalysts and don't have to avoid Eidolons. farming Thumpers is a good idea as well, they have a good chance to drop some of the gems you might need.

if it's night-time, and you need rep that badly, Norg fishing works wonders for me.

• Like 1

Worse part of mining is the @W#$@#$%^% auidibles, not everyone hears, why not make it a visual queue.    there are a hell of a lot more hearing impaired people playing then blind people.

Sometimes the arrogance of the dev's is just annoying.

16 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

Worse part of mining is the @W#$@#$%^% auidibles, not everyone hears, why not make it a visual queue.    there are a hell of a lot more hearing impaired people playing then blind people.

If you have the mining tool equipped, the amount of active spots nearby show up on the left of the HUD. Also, if you equip any form of loot radar, the locations are marked on your minimap. Your post annoyed me greatly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alkarnus said:

If you have the mining tool equipped, the amount of active spots nearby show up on the left of the HUD. Also, if you equip any form of loot radar, the locations are marked on your minimap. Your post annoyed me greatly.

The poster might mean annoying Grineer patrols that spout gibberish when they see you. Also dropships that drop the annoying Grineer patrols and the Dargyns that fly by. Unless the radar is visible in the HUD while mining? Even so, it's got limited range...

EDIT: Oh and also the vein finder is an audible. It's like a Geiger Counter and speeds up in beep sounds when near a vein. But that shows in the radar too.

Edited by nslay

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

So does it count if I fight the thumper for nightwave? 🤔

You're right! It should be modified to:

Mine or pickup 6 rare gems in Plains of Eidolon.

Then the Thumpers will apply.

nah mining is much better than the whole cutting out the shape that was quite hard for us console players.
mining now has the heat the rock up an you get it which is so much better.

there no reason to get the first two mining tools in cetus as can just go to fortuna an get that mining tool 😄 an your set till you can earn the 3rd tier one

15 hours ago, Kyronz said:

You mean like putting little markers on your minimap to show ore deposits within 50m of your location? 

Why, what a fantastic idea. Now all we need is for them to remove the feature that's already in the game, so that they can put it back in, to make you happy. 

Sometimes the arrogance of people is just amazing. 🙄

15 hours ago, nslay said:

You can run around Plains of Eidolon hoping to find a Thumper instead. You mine Thumpers with weapons and sanity.

There's active complaints about the thumper being "too hard to kill". I don't agree with them, but given the nature of this complaint, I'm not sure that going after thumpers wouldn't lead to another rant. 

56 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Low? You need 40 of some material you rarely get 

And if you get that material it's in 1-2 quantity

And you have all time in the world to get it. 40 is low, very low, you can get it in hour or 2. You dont like it? Fine, i didnt like Lua but i still have to do it from time to time, you make bigger deal out of it then it really is. Whats 2 hours when you play for 10000?