Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last Devstream - Mass Effect-like crew in Railjack? In other words, will we get romance options (if we unlock adult operator)?

Uthak

Yesterday there was a mention the crew of the Railjack will be like a Mass Effect crew, you know, apart from taking them into combat of course.

This made me wonder, since we'll get adult operators (finally), will they create ROMANCE OPTIONS for us? XD

In the world of Warframe, there could be a LOT of funny possibilities with story options like that, nice banter possibilites in Railjack missions, especially with Cephalon Cy in the mix, being pissed we are frolicking across the stars instead of WORKING.

Even if not, some advanced banter would be welcome I think.

Thoughts?

I believe not, and I hope not. Seems just like the kind of unnecessary thing that'll be done for poops and giggles, left incomplete and somehow broken, then abandoned like most content of the such. And that in turn represents wasted time and resources that could have been used in far more useful stuff.

So as a niche, I wouldn't really mind since I can't know if it'd be good or not. Possibly would ignore it tbh. So long as it doesn't draw from actually good potential content.

• Like 2

Ah yes, the age old dream of humankind; to reach for the stars, explore the vastness of the galaxy, make contact with intelligent alien life... ...and find a way to bang it.

But, you know, considering the state of BioWare these days, someone might as well pick up the mantle. Dibs on the Grineer booty.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uthak said:

Yesterday there was a mention the crew of the Railjack will be like a Mass Effect crew, you know, apart from taking them into combat of course.

This made me wonder, since we'll get adult operators (finally), will they create ROMANCE OPTIONS for us? XD

In the world of Warframe, there could be a LOT of funny possibilities with story options like that, nice banter possibilites in Railjack missions, especially with Cephalon Cy in the mix, being pissed we are frolicking across the stars instead of WORKING.

Even if not, some advanced banter would be welcome I think.

Thoughts?

I don't follow the news of WF, but romance options... bleh. No, thanks, man. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uthak said:

I know I was jumping to conclusions in the title, but it wouldn't be that hard to accomplish something like this, just might get a bit expensive with the voice acting.

I agree, you’re definitely jumping to conclusions and not just in the title considering the bolded statement.

These are my thoughts about it:

+ Tenno are like ninjas so it would be logical and maintain it same as it was in history. Relationship for ninjas starts with marrage of partner which is chosen by its mentor. 

- Technicaly relation ship in Warframe is not agains lore as far as I know... But... Who would like to love someone, who is capable of hurting when he / she is unstable (emotionaly)...

Spoiler

(I refer to moment, when Margulis lost her sight becouse of Tenno and man in the wall)

I think the game is mature enough to make it work and make it interesting. Its natural to have someone... And honestly, though I have pet, Ordis always iritates me and I done many things such as walking on map alone and watching its beauty... (That is some of the things that many players miss.) I feel like I would like to have something more... more to read / to know or speak with. For example more deep lore or something more interactive than normal npcs. ? Maybe another person?

I have been playing Warframe since 2013 and Digital Extremes is one of a few studios which I trust.

I am sorry for any errors in grammar or speech. English is not my mothers tang.  

Gimli_CZ

Edited by Gimli_CZ
Fixing details.

I can almost guarantee you were aren't keeping the adult operator outside the planes of duviri, so we aren't going to have them for our railjack fairs and general travel. 

It also doesn't sound like our crew are going to be just a handful of specific characters that we choose from to fight with, but rather just some large blanket roster from all factions who aren't super distinct from one another but their faction/skills, like mods sort of, they probably aren't going to have notable backstories or personalized characteristics that would work for a relationship type growth situation. I'd love more developed characters, and I hope DE try to give our crew personality where they can, but I'm not expecting it and wouldn't be disappointed by its absence.