Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense mode adjustment IMO

5p33dy_01

so many people hate defense mode because of the time it takes for the rewards

my proposal on a small solution to increase the enjoyment is to make the waves more fluid, the way it is now, you have waves for phases/levels and then you have waves for when enemies spawn.
each phase/level has around 2 to 4 waves (i think) that spawn after killing the previous, after which the next phase/level begins.

it needs to be continuous (streamlined) or all enemies for that phase/level spawn at the same time.

this is personally my second biggest problem, after the waves required for each reward, 5 is too much compared to literally every other mode (don't even get me started on the ridiculous Arbirations 10, that is by far the worst idea to have implemented)
you can say that its roughly 1min per phase/level and that is the same as survival, BUT, that's on the basis that you kill everything almost as soon as it spawns (personally tested), which later on takes longer and longer to the point you drive yourself mental and just want to extract, oh wait, you need to wait another 4 phases/levels (then that "just kill me now feeling" sets in)

even if you take the rewards out or double them, its not about that.
the mode needs a reduction in phases/levels before extraction as well as a better stream of enemies
for more enjoyment out of it.
you are obligated to stay for 5 phases/levels (10 in Arbirations/Nightmare/Sorties) before you can get the option to extract, these phases/levels could take you a long time to finish depending on how far you have managed to sustain that torture, even if they dont, the way the enemies spawn is unsatisfying (just looking at that mode pop up on the star-chart/Alert makes me anxious).

Thanks for reading, if you bothered to read it.

Want faster, bring -stength nova here! For real, the enemies spawn made amazing, because as for me, i never seen a single foe appearing from the air. One problem i should mention here, is that sometimes AI stucks somewhere at the defenses, and u need to find it and kill, this is anoyin. But i'm sure DE working on it...i hoping so.

What's about arbitration, yep, it's much longer than usual defense, and even longer than other mission types cause of drones that makes enemies immortal but i don't think the way you suggest is the way out. 

1 hour ago, ISMW said:

Want faster, bring -stength nova here! For real, the enemies spawn made amazing, because as for me, i never seen a single foe appearing from the air. One problem i should mention here, is that sometimes AI stucks somewhere at the defenses, and u need to find it and kill, this is anoyin. But i'm sure DE working on it...i hoping so.

What's about arbitration, yep, it's much longer than usual defense, and even longer than other mission types cause of drones that makes enemies immortal but i don't think the way you suggest is the way out. 

its a small solution and thus very very little effort.

i could go into detail on how to restructure the entire spawning system, but i thought i would start small (just to see if anyone would care, if they dont care, why should i)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

How about the option to rush the wave with a terminal and have the enemies from the next wave added to your current one up to 5 so you can get it done in a fraction of the time?

I think that is a good idea. I'm a big fan of bringing a speedva to my defense missions. A built-in speedva mechanic to speed through unchallenging content might freshen up the mode.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

How about the option to rush the wave with a terminal and have the enemies from the next wave added to your current one up to 5 so you can get it done in a fraction of the time?

this could be a good idea, only difference from making enemies flow better, is that they need to make a whole new system that takes development in new content (the terminal).
they can expand with this after making the enemies flow better, when its really just values in the code to reduce the individual mini-waves and the levels before extraction.

i dont know why its so hard for them to make a small change and say (we're trying out a small change to defense so it may or may not stay, just give us some feedback on the change so we can make adjustments)

at least this would show that they care about keeping the community happy and enjoying all the missions.

Edited by 5p33dy_01