Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wish the third orb is submersible archwing battle

On 2019-07-30 at 6:42 PM, _Behemot said:

The third orb mother is most likely coming with gauss, after all gauss's third ability is based off of the orb mothers heating/cooling mechanic. DE said it was going to be a trifecta of Exploiter and Profit-taker. So I'm curious to see what its going to be like.

On 2019-07-28 at 8:10 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I’ve seen the script notes.

It’s actually a combination of the first two fights with Sharkwing mechanics

1.  It will have  “slot-machine sporb” gated damage immunity but only in the heated lakes. Outside of the lakes it will be invincible.

2.  This new Sporb LIKES heat, hence “Hot Tub Sporb”.

Instead of “thermia” canisters, you will have to hit it with coolant canisters to freeze it’s optics and sensors and joints to cause it to retreat to the water and thaw.  Once there, see #1, with the added challenge being that it will constantly vent Gas Damage with 100% toxin PRoCS to bypass shields, necessitating the new toxin resist AW mod  (a full set of new AW resist mods is coming due to high demand) that will drop in the separate AW tileset boss battle from the Jordas Golem.

3.  The new voice for the Orb will be Fran Drescher doing an “evil laugh” version fromthe TV sitcom “The Nanny”.

After Grendel, the next frame’s BP will Come from this Orb fight.  The rest of her parts will have a 5% chance to drop from Rare Containers.

Her code name is Ennacielle .  

(Pronounced N-a-C-l), she is thought to be a dessicating debuffer  and pain frame.  Her “1” is called “Eater of tears” IIRC.

Edit:  I’ve just received word that because the devs are fans of “Hot Tub Time machine” you will have a cave at the bottom of the lake that accesses the Duviri paradox where rare containers will DOUBLE said drop chance to 10% 😏😇!!!

On 2019-07-28 at 11:21 AM, Firetempest said:

*looks into crystal ball*

After the first two Orbs. Nef shows up in his capital ship and shields the last Orb mother. DE uses the new cross mission mechanic to force railjack players to attack nefs ship to take out the shield generators for special parts A and frame B. Orb team continues fight for new parts B and frame A.

Basically a raid where two teams must be queued but never see each other. And you have to do both sides to eventually get everything you need.

Why don't we put this as a suggestion for DE?

I don't know... How do you know the Orb isn't just blowing bubbles to make us think it's a hot tub? I mean, it is an icy landscape with lakes made entirely of coolant that are rarely ever warm and mostly always cold. Though, I suppose underwater thermia fractures could heat up lakes made of coolant? Or maybe the Orb just likes to blow bubbles in coolant lakes!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-28 at 10:54 AM, nslay said:

Yeah man, especially if they make the water more viscous... like molasses or tar! And the Orb will be able to swiftly move through it.

Why not? Having an enemy being faster than us wouldn't hurt those who are prepared and know how to play instead of having these scrubs thinking they're too good for the game. Let's shatter their pride once a while

27 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Why not? Having an enemy being faster than us wouldn't hurt those who are prepared and know how to play instead of having these scrubs thinking they're too good for the game. Let's shatter their pride once a while

Well... while I think it would be hilarious if the Orb could move swifly through Tar, I'm more concerned with being unable to move faster than a few cm/s. I do not like "sharkwing" particularly because everything feels so slow-paced... the complete opposite of what Warframe is supposed to be. On the other hand, I feel ordinary Archwing is too fast! I always run into things in space Archwing. Why can't DE just get the speed right? Going so fast in space that I smack into things in those god awful Corpus spaceship tilesets. Going so slow in the water that I fall asleep in Grineer sealab tilesets just trying to figure out where the exit is to escape the god awful "sharkwing" mode!

19 hours ago, (PS4)R3N36AD3 said:

@ChaoticEdge TF is a "Jordan Golem"?! Is that a space jam reference?? 🤣

we all give its nick name, J Golem, Jordan Golem (because he boosted his #$$ across the basketball court to give its jam), J8, Junk Man...yea I have whole list to name his nick name because no one really care his original name is, short for JG for me but no one wanna use it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-28 at 4:14 PM, seprent said:

Sanity for the weak sure why note even if i barely fight it the threads alone will be pure entertainment 

seriously some threads are better then youtube and TV 

Want some popcorn for the thread? I think I'll put it on feedback

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-09-01 at 4:07 PM, Prexades said:

I wouldn't mind an update adding sharkwing and the exploration of the coolant lakes of Orb Vallis. But a lot of players would be up in arms about it.

Because they don't like it? Didn't they say DE shouldn't think about accessibility for all players all the time so why not making some now?

On 2019-09-16 at 11:11 AM, nslay said:

Why can't we just ignore the water in Orb Vallis/Plains of Eidolon and just walk in/through them? We can walk and run around in space or rooms void of oxygen (Eris, Kuva Fortress), but we can't walk around in lake or river basins?

Possibly because we're too heavy to get out from the water and the movement would be way slower than bringing hobbled dragon key

On 2019-07-27 at 10:49 PM, (NSW)Derrion said:

You may as well have just said “I wish to inflict pain and suffering on all other warframe players”. 

We’re not big fans of sharkwing here.

Only because DE has historically not designed archwing or sharkwing battles very well. I'd like to think they're getting smarter about it, based on what we've seen of Empyrean.

On 2019-07-28 at 12:43 AM, Oreades said:

Thing is Jordas Golem isn't even bad, most people just jump strait into that fight without leveling any of their Archwing gear and then wonder why it's taking 20 minutes. 

I don't think (if memory serves) that I even dumped any Forma into my gear back when I was farming Atlus and I ended up soloing Jordas no problem because I followed the two tenants of Archwing

1. The starter gear is trash, mastery fodder that ASAP and replace it with ANYTHING else
  2. Mod your gear, tho that goes for pretty much the whole game

The Jordas Golem was for the most part gear agnostic so it doesn't really matter what AW you take as long as you've at least thrown a potato and the basics into it. 

^this

I remember when I farmed Atlas originally, it was really really painful and time-consuming. I went back a long time afterwards, don't even remember why, when I had mastered and modded better archwing gear, and was surprised by how quickly I demolished that boss.

Edit: Ugh, only now do I realize this is a necro from over a month ago...

Edited by DrakeWurrum

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-28 at 12:27 PM, ChaoticEdge said:

1st you got everyone attention which they are going do this

Reveal hidden contents

I+sense+heresy+is+a+foot+_ed3e9e7c447eb0

for obvious reason bad history about underwater fight with the archwing due of thanks this guy

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20160124125406Jordan Golem

the fact they hate him compassionately because well...as again bad history for due of "running away", "too huge", "thruster repeating shooting at", and with it horrible farming day.  We do not like to talk about it at all trust me the list goes on...If you ever dare to settled that again and suggesting it to the dev they probably will do it because they think it be best time another space/underwater boss battle again which everyone is going be trigger I mean furious trigger like this face

Reveal hidden contents

78F3CB59C6B34E74099A470D0CB6D254B883EB5C

which I'll give a clap because you actives the devil's button and everyone out there wanted to kill you many reason and your going be stuck at home because some your friends discover your chat with DE making space boss battle/ underwater boss battle has really cause madness not only for the communities but few states that your friends blab about you for they'll will remember your face for years to come.  Better not give that type suggestion again and have to view the windows from inside and out for that point.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjbWuLeRZBya7cUlXuRJV

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

I don't think bullet jump magic works in liquid where the density and drag is higher than air

Aiming your gun is not supposed to magically slow down your movement either. But that works just fine for the game...

EDIT: You can also walk through pouring viscous toxic goo on Ceres just fine. I think it procs Toxin... but no drag or anything.

Edited by nslay