Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Invisibility And Enemy Targeting.

Liminal

One of the latest hotfixes removed invincibility from invisibility abilities, which is fine, but that brought to light another issue that was never fixed before: enemies that keep attacking you well after you've turned invisible.

Regular foot soldiers will sometimes keep shooting in your general direction, that's not what I'm talking about, that actually makes sense; what I'm talking about are units like many infested creatures or shield lancers that will actively target you well after you've turned invisible. Lancers even shoot several bursts at you with pinpoint accuracy for a while after you cloaked.

As far as I am aware, units that aim at you when they shouldn't be able to are infested runners, sometimes leapers, ancients, shield lancers and fusion moas. I think all other enemies just fire a few more rounds at the spot where you last were.

Just to clarify: this is playing solo, so lag is not an issue.

This kind of situations take place beacouse of sentinels. If You turn invisible, enemies may instantly focus fire on sentinel. This may look like they still fire in Your general direction, but in fact they are atacking Your combat pet since invisibility (at least with Loki - dont have Ash to confirm) does not affect sentinels. Let enemies kill little bastard, or simply dont use them on "stealth missions".
Shade can turn invisible with ghost skill, but this ability is triggered at short proximity to enemie, so at larger distance he'll still end up as a bullet magnet, and enemies will agro on him.
However, charging monsters like mentioned ancients will swing no matter if You are invisible or not. I think this may work as some kind of "skillshot" :P They just swing at area and if you are still in range You are affected.
Thats my Observations. I hope it will help.

Edited by Grosswick

This kind of situations take place beacouse of sentinels. If You turn invisible, enemies may instantly focus fire on sentinel. This may look like they still fire in Your general direction, but in fact they are atacking Your combat pet since invisibility (at least with Loki - dont have Ash to confirm) does not affect sentinels. Let enemies kill little bastard, or simply dont use them on "stealth missions".

Shade can turn invisible with ghost skill, but this ability is triggered at short proximity to enemie, so at larger distance he'll still end up as a bullet magnet, and enemies will agro on him.

However, charging monsters like mentioned ancients will swing no matter if You are invisible or not. I think this may work as some kind of "skillshot" :P They just swing at area and if you are still in range You are affected.

Thats my Observations. I hope it will help.

Most of the time this happened with Shade's Ghost ability, so the enemies were not targeting him.

Also, I know many enemies lock on to you at the start of their attack animation, which is ridiculous as they follow you around corners after you've gone invisible and hit you in the face (I'm looking at you, ancients).

(And sentinels should be cloaked by Loki's invisibility, but that's another issue).