Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Frost/Frost Prime still a top tier tanking Frame?

LODESAMONEY

Question

21 answers to this question

Tanking as in able to take hard hits moderately like Excalibur, Oberon, and Saryn? Yeah. Like Nidus, Inaros, and Chroma? No.

Still he has a solid kit - hard cc, Avalanche strips portion of armor, and Snow Globe that absorbs damage for the first 4 seconds converting it to additional hp for it.

No.

Not for current content anyway. In the past he did things no other warframe could, but now those roles are no longer really needed, infact most new enemies can telegraph attacks through his bubbles, and not even be frozen or slowed by his 4/1/2 so in new content, very unpredictable... The current big players are the frames that can survive energy drain, self sustain, and have high scaling damage but only in self buffs.

DE are adding immune enemies so the top frames are now the ones that effect themeslves so they can reliably destroy anything in front of them, instead of relying on a CC/Debuff that might not even trigger.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Dude, I told you to post these in players helping players.

This thread is relevant to the Frames section. That would be the wrong place. Please stop policing me. 

20 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

No.

Not for current content anyway. In the past he did things no other warframe could, but now those roles are no longer really needed, infact most new enemies can telegraph attacks through his bubbles, and not even be frozen or slowed by his 4/1/2 so in new content, very unpredictable... The current big players are the frames that can survive energy drain, self sustain, and have high scaling damage but only in self buffs.

DE are adding immune enemies so the top frames are now the ones that effect themeslves so they can reliably destroy anything in front of them, instead of relying on a CC/Debuff that might not even trigger.

Is Trinity still part of the end-game meta?

1 minute ago, LODESAMONEY said:

This thread is relevant to the Frames section. That would be the wrong place. Please stop policing me. 

This is the Frames FEEDBACK section. As in the place to for us to give feedback to DE about frames. I’m not policing you. I’m telling you you’re posting in the wrong spot.

Questions about any ingame content goes in Players Helping Players.

I'm not sure Frost ever quite qualified as a tank by normal means. Few things do in Warframe. Nyx, Nidus and Nekros are some of the few who have threat management mechanics and not much else redirects damage or attention from other player's to yourself beside the gimmicky shield mods.

Frost is a Defense frame for sure. He can protect the entire group easily on his own and scales forever.

The only issue with Frost doing this. Least to the degree he can literally go to level cap in protection is that he has to make use the the Invulnerable period of Snow Globe. He has to cast the ability every 4 seconds so the Globe is effectively immortal. This doesn't leave Frost with a lot of time to do much else. Quick shot weapons fair well for him. Pretty much anything you can get a big boom off between casts.

Outside that ultra scaling capacity he's still a good Defensive frame overall. Esp with his Ice Wave Augment. If by tank you mean his ability to take damage without these effects in place; not so much but he doesn't need to. Frost taking damage is Frost being played wrong for the most part.

Tanking ? Nope....

Defense.... ? Well thats a tricky question to answer.... but since you want end game levels of defense then Frost isn't only the best Defense frame.... he pretty much the only defense Frame.... simply because theres no down time on his Snow Globe.... something even limbo can't achieve with his Cataclysm....

23 hours ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

infact most new enemies can telegraph attacks through his bubbles

Horrific Flash Backs of Coolant Cannisters taking damage through Snow Globe.... 😞

23 hours ago, LODESAMONEY said:

For reference, I'm comparing current Frost to the Frost of the days when you needed keys to do Void missions T2 or higher. 

Yeah he's still the only one who can do those reliable....

Obviously you need a group because its not something Frost can do alone. 

23 hours ago, LODESAMONEY said:

With Frost ? Yep....

Trinity still has the Highest DPS  in the game.... that being said.... I noticed that her god like damage doesn't factor in Enemies with Damage reduction (Sentients, Noxes, Ambuli and Ancient Healers).... so I would suggest a hard hitting Sniper Rifle to deal with those enemies. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Don't ask that question...you're going to attract level 400+ diehards that play survival "endgame" runs 

Well yeah.... thats the sort of "End Game" OP is asking about....

4 hours ago, Prime_Reckoner said:

Gara is a much, much better frame than frost.

Thats for regular/daily content....For 4 Hour Endurance in one shot Territory then Frost is still Best boy... However....

4 hours ago, Prime_Reckoner said:

Get gara, learn how to use her, leave out frost. Irrelevant frame nowadays.

Pretty much.... theres no reason to go 4 Hours deep into any content these days....

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Lutesque:

Tanking ? Nope....

Defense.... ? Well thats a tricky question to answer.... but since you want end game levels of defense then Frost isn't only the best Defense frame.... he pretty much the only defense Frame.... simply because theres no down time on his Snow Globe.... something even limbo can't achieve with his Cataclysm....

Horrific Flash Backs of Coolant Cannisters taking damage through Snow Globe.... 😞

Yeah he's still the only one who can do those reliable....

Obviously you need a group because its not something Frost can do alone. 

With Frost ? Yep....

Trinity still has the Highest DPS  in the game.... that being said.... I noticed that her god like damage doesn't factor in Enemies with Damage reduction (Sentients, Noxes, Ambuli and Ancient Healers).... so I would suggest a hard hitting Sniper Rifle to deal with those enemies. 

Well yeah.... thats the sort of "End Game" OP is asking about....

Thats for regular/daily content....For 4 Hour Endurance in one shot Territory then Frost is still Best boy... However....

Pretty much.... theres no reason to go 4 Hours deep into any content these days....

Please explain to me how Trinity has the highest DPS in the game

• Like 2

Frost doesn't directly tank damage, he never has. 

He has soft and hard CC and a barrier, which means he can elude damage, but he never had the eHP to actually take a beating. 

His 4th augment, Icy Avalanche, has more worth as status prevention than as tanking ability since it doesn't scale exceptionally well. 

Still he has a spot almost everywhere, from mobile to defensive missions, thanks to his augments and excellent CC capabilities. At low levels he can also act as a nuker of sorts since avalanche has this weird explosion mechanic which makes its damage snowball real hard. 

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (XB1)ZAYNE 79:

For single target damage like Kela in sortie Trin rulz. Straight from the wiki

Zitat
  • Damage percentage is applied to either the target's remaining health or 25% of its maximum health - whichever is greater at the time of cast. Each pulse inflicts at least 5 TrueDmg b True damage.

Those 25% scale nicely.

Back on topic: I found Frost with Icy Avalanche is a great team protector in high level content. But I would never call him tank. 

il y a 35 minutes, (XB1)ZAYNE 79 a dit :

A specific abuse involving Octavia, loki and trin's link. You could stack the damage to unreasonably high levels to the point it would evaporate enemies well into the early thousands. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)ZAYNE 79 said:

You don't know ? 

Energy Vampire deals Percentage Based Damage.....

47 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

A specific abuse involving Octavia, loki and trin's link. You could stack the damage to unreasonably high levels to the point it would evaporate enemies well into the early thousands. 

This one I've never heard of before....

On 2019-07-28 at 12:29 AM, LODESAMONEY said:

Trinity is and will forever (probably) be in the end game meta, being able to give wide spread energy, and topping off everyone in the party (within affinity range) to full with 75% damage reduction for however long you built her duration for? yes, she is meta, the metaest of meta, you just have to be willing to watch everyone else blow stuff up while you sit and enable them XD

7 hours ago, k05h said:

For single target damage like Kela in sortie Trin rulz. Straight from the wiki

Those 25% scale nicely.

Add that the damage can be boosted by things like Magnetize / M. Prime and you have a one-shot EV.

Nuke Link Trinity is still a thing as well. DE failed to get rid of it but mouths are tight on that one.