Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another one for Vauban

(PSN)yandelyandel2000

Some ideas for Vauban. Hidden stuff are reasons.

MineLayer:

Energy Cost: 25

Shred: Buff scaling of strength (100% at around 170, Buff duration of effect to 8 sec 

New Bounce: Grants increased parkour velocity and movement speed when touched, slows down enemies near its radius radius  

New Concuss: Decoy mine that lures enemies to it and explodes dealing radiation. Decoy is immediately set on contact with surface.

Trip Laser replaced by Tesla: Charge mechanic is innate, has 3-6 three electrical beams with amount affected by strength up to a cap of 6

Having a fading colored image next to Vauban to tell what mine is switched to

Reconfigure Aug:

Affects primaries and secondaries

Decoy mine increases Multishot by 100%

Telsa mine grants 20 additive status chance

Bounce provides 3 meters of punch through

30 sec after deploying mine

Spoiler

Reasons:

Shred: One of the most useful mines but the build to make this effective (250% power strength and little efficiency/mod slots) further decreases his survivability by negating Bastilles Range, although if Vortex range was somehow affected by Strength a Power strength build would be much more viable considering that’s the most effective way to use this mine. 

New Bounce: I suppose this was meant to give more maneuverability but the movement system developed makes this a very niche and obsolete ability. This would be better in terms of the developed movement system and provide some use as a CC that allies can also gain/spread

New Concuss: Probably his other mine that sees some use. To me this would just be a very fun change and allows more reliable CC. Not much is really needed for this ability, you put it down somewhere, it explodes and now enemies won’t attack you and you safely CC them. A lure decoy that pulls aggro would make that safety net much more reliable if you are in close proximity to enemies. The lure affect can also be used to move enemies to a nearby Vortex or Bastille.

Tesla over Trip Laser: Does nearly the same thing and zaps seem to be a more integral part of his kit than a trip laser. Increased amount of beams/zappers since Tesla is usually spammed. 

Fading UI next to Vauban: Easier to see what mine is switched to while moving

Aug: This is to synergize more weapons with Vortex

Bastille:

Enemies affected by Bastille have an eidolon ephemera like siphon around them. For each enemy affected, it grants Vauban a stack of damage reduction up to 75-90%. Possibly 10-20% Damage Reduction per enemy at a certain Strength stat 

Allies can receive this along with sentinels (including 4th) 

Range is 8m, Amount of enemies held is affected only by Range. Each meter would give 1-2 enemies.

Damage Reduction per enemy is affected by  (capped at 10% per enemy) by strength

Duration mechanic of the Damage Reduction is the same as Wisps Motes, where you can refresh duration by running through an active Bastille 

Spoiler

Reasons:

Main Survival ability due to Vortex's low range, buffed to give an actual survival buff that also allows Vauban to also set traps/change traps safely at higher levels

This CC does a good job at keeping squishy sentinels alive. In my eyes he naturally goes well with sentinels so added survival buffs for them as well

Duration Mechanic is to efficiently maintain buff through movement or teleport mine, which could be made easier with the Bounce Mine

Reduced Range to basically switch how Bastille is used in terms of survival into the use of Vortex which would create faster gameplay

Reduction of range would have minimal effects in terms of how he is used I’d imagine, considering its even more spammable due to energy cost.

Vortex:

Energy cost: 50

All enemies affected by the Vortex pull take damage/tick damage from any source

Magnetic damage stays the same but will take the status procs of your weapons/mines as the overall elemental/ips damage. All ticks of potential elemental DoT/slash damage are doubled (not affected by power strength)

Enemies not within Vortex take 50% extra damage from DoT instead of double 

Range is 12m, amount of enemies pulled is affected by Strength the same way current Bastille works

Increase duration to 15sec at max rank

Spoiler

Reasons:

The way damage is received is to take into account map design and not being able to shoot enemies that are stuck in obstacles or stuck above in stairways, which forces Vauban to constantly move around to attack enemies that may prolong mission if not done

Increased Range/Duration to basically switch how Bastille is used in terms of survival/CC into the use of Vortex which would create faster gameplay

4th (Sentinel, not exalted/channeled):

Energy Cost: 100

If you have secondary equipped Sentinel will take Primary and so forth. 

No ammo is used by the Sentinel

Only shoots when Vauban melees/shoot 

Damage Multiplier of 200, unmoddable

Amor: 400

Health: 800

Shields: 600

Base stats are affected by strength 

Recastable once Sentinel is dead 

Holding the cast allows sentinel to stay in place, can be done if already casted

Recasting again resets its positions back to Vauban 

Spoiler

Reasons: 

Vauban already goes well with Sentinels, at least in the survival of the sentinel. 

His gameplay has to deal a lot with what weapons you use and how you build them, so I decided to further reward that.

Another Damage ability since more CC at this point would be too much CC

Recasting mechanic to add more control of over the Sentinel and increase kps

Edited by (PS4)yandelyandel2000

On 2019-07-28 at 8:06 AM, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

What ideas do you have that would replace minelayer?

Something that involves some kind of self/team fortification that isn't a shield or direct damage reduction, because that'd be copying too much from Frost, Gara, Volt, Oberon and Trinity.

Or a ballista like ability, like an "exalted artillery" or the like, maybe he calls in an airstrike?

21 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Something that involves some kind of self/team fortification that isn't a shield or direct damage reduction, because that'd be copying too much from Frost, Gara, Volt, Oberon and Trinity.

Isn't this Bastille though? Theres not much of better form of preventing getting one shot at higher lvls than direct DR, its a simple solution for squishy frames. If a frame can get such survival buffs in their own way then that'll be very welcomed to me. Its not really copying from other frames, I see it more as adding whats good to more frames. Same way that archwing will all now have blink abilities. 

On 2019-07-29 at 7:25 PM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Or a ballista like ability, like an "exalted artillery" or the like, maybe he calls in an airstrike?

This reminds of Hydroids Barrage, and if it's a 1 it won't be that much better I'd imagine. But I think a buffed up MineLayer would be better. Better armor strip, CC, manuervalbilty, and some Damage all in one ability.  Only problem I see that people may have is that its still a cycle ability/still a mine and not a grenade, but the mines all have their niche anyway so in most missions you'll use 1-2 or none, unless you are doing high lvl void possibly. And it being a mine just helps with the cycling mechanic, since you can throw and forget especially with concuss. And if you double the range on Vortex, its that much easier to throw shred and Vortex it. An artillery strike, idk it could be useful or not. 

34 minutes ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

Isn't this Bastille though? Theres not much of better form of preventing getting one shot at higher lvls than direct DR, its a simple solution for squishy frames. If a frame can get such survival buffs in their own way then that'll be very welcomed to me. Its not really copying from other frames, I see it more as adding whats good to more frames. Same way that archwing will all now have blink abilities. 

This reminds of Hydroids Barrage, and if it's a 1 it won't be that much better I'd imagine. But I think a buffed up MineLayer would be better. Better armor strip, CC, manuervalbilty, and some Damage all in one ability.  Only problem I see that people may have is that its still a cycle ability/still a mine and not a grenade, but the mines all have their niche anyway so in most missions you'll use 1-2 or none, unless you are doing high lvl void possibly. And it being a mine just helps with the cycling mechanic, since you can throw and forget especially with concuss. And if you double the range on Vortex, its that much easier to throw shred and Vortex it. An artillery strike, idk it could be useful or not. 

No, because bastille does not affect any weapon fire at all.

Also no, I was thinking a single hit, reasonably huge aoe artillery shot. 

On 2019-07-28 at 1:03 AM, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

MineLayer:

Shred: Buff scaling of strength (100% at around 170, Buff duration of effect to 8 sec 

New Bounce: Grants increased parkour velocity and movement speed when touched, slows down enemies near its radius radius  

New Concuss: Decoy mine that lures enemies to it and explodes dealing radiation. Decoy is immediately set on contact with surface.

Trip Laser replaced by Tesla: Charge mechanic is innate, has 3-6 three electrical beams with amount affected by strength up to a cap of 6

Having a fading colored image next to Vauban to tell what mine is switched to

Minelayer is clunky- having four different grenade types makes it so- I like how you've buffed them but it still won't fair well- If your going to have a cycle mechanic it should be 2-3 at max and rather then different abilities have similar effects used in different ways. In my own rework concept for vauban I thought minelayer could be kept but rather then cycling through different grenades they combine several grenade effects and each cycle option changes the deploy method-deploy as grenade, deploy as a mine, deploy as seeker- If you like the idea or need clarification visit my vauban rework concept and see for yourself.

Enemies affected by Bastille have an eidolon ephemera like siphon around them. For each enemy affected, it grants Vauban a stack of damage reduction up to 75-90%. Possibly 10-20% Damage Reduction per enemy at a certain Strength stat 

I like the dmg reduction concept though your idea doesnt touch on vaubans big issue and thats bastilles limited capacity and range- Bastille is a good defensive ability in theory and your add-on gives him the survivability he needs but if you can't pick up hordes of enemies that WILL come at some point it wont work well

All enemies affected by the Vortex pull take damage/tick damage from any source

Magnetic damage stays the same but will take the status procs of your weapons/mines as the overall elemental/ips damage. All ticks of potential elemental DoT/slash damage are doubled (not affected by power strength)

Enemies not within Vortex take 50% extra damage from DoT instead of double 

Wording is a little wierd but what im getting is that shooting into vortex spreads the dmg and status effect throughout enemies affected- good idea if thats what you meant-

4th (Sentinel, not exalted/channeled):

Energy Cost: 100

If you have secondary equipped Sentinel will take Primary and so forth. 

No ammo is used by the Sentinel

Only shoots when Vauban melees/shoot 

Not entirely sure what you mean with this- do yo mean you get an additional sentinel with its own mods- Summoning drones is a common conept for vauban but idk how this would work- What is its purpose- DMG? Shield restore? You mention how you think vauban and sentinals go well together and thematically thats true but i really dont understand the purpose behind this ability. 

1 hour ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

Minelayer is clunky- having four different grenade types makes it so- I like how you've buffed them but it still won't fair well- If your going to have a cycle mechanic it should be 2-3 at max and rather then different abilities have similar effects used in different ways. In my own rework concept for vauban I thought minelayer could be kept but rather then cycling through different grenades they combine several grenade effects and each cycle option changes the deploy method-deploy as grenade, deploy as a mine, deploy as seeker- If you like the idea or need clarification visit my vauban rework concept and see for yourself.

What exactly is clunky about it?

This is how I see it:

For long survivals that have mainly Armor based enemies or are the main threat, use shred 

For fast capture missions, use Bounce

For CC, use Tesla or Concuss, which ever you prefer 

I see these abilities as very niche as you see, at most you'll only be cycling once or twice, or none if you cycled to the mine you like. Its only clunky if you try to use all mines in every mission, no mission needs all this. But it still nice to have more options. 

Do you find Ivara's quiver to be clunky? I think that one is way more clunky because you have to actually aim. This one at least you can just throw it on the floor and wait for potential passers. Having them seek nearby enemies though can be nice. 

I like the dmg reduction concept though your idea doesnt touch on vaubans big issue and thats bastilles limited capacity and range- Bastille is a good defensive ability in theory and your add-on gives him the survivability he needs but if you can't pick up hordes of enemies that WILL come at some point it wont work well

You can spam so easily with lower energy cost that range (max range) or cap doesn't really matter that much, I think I actually removed capped but reduced range to 6m (the range of Vortex)- maybe I crossed it out Idk. The buff touches more so on Sentinel survivability issue when against high lvl enemies, thats more important to me. Buffing Vauban as well is just a byproduct. Bastille won't be used that much in this rework expect maybe when you see a some Leech or Nox to get in headshots possibly. 

Wording is a little wierd but what im getting is that shooting into vortex spreads the dmg and status effect throughout enemies affected- good idea if thats what you meant-

This is what I meant. I also increased range to 12m (Bastilles range) so this rework would make Vauban more effective at killing, but it would be too effective so I added the cap number of enemies that Bastille has to Vortex. The same way Bastille is used, is the same way that Vortex is used in this rework, only difference is that it will increase your kps by a lot. You will have no problem with Hordes. 

Not entirely sure what you mean with this- do yo mean you get an additional sentinel with its own mods- Summoning drones is a common conept for vauban but idk how this would work- What is its purpose- DMG? Shield restore? You mention how you think vauban and sentinals go well together and thematically thats true but i really dont understand the purpose behind this ability. 

Its just a sentinel with stats, just like an unmoddable decoy. I decided on it because it was a common concept. 

No need for another survival buff, this is simply for damage and ammo conservation. All I mean by Vauban going well with sentinels is that he is able to make them survive through his CC and with new mods coming out like Synth Deconstruct+Health Conversion and its synergy with Vortex, he becomes a Tank somewhat. Also lets say you are using Concuss or Telsa, you can hold the sentinel in place and it will kill those affected by those mines while you can move somewhere else. This is ability is just extra, with the abilites 1-3 I can imagine him be really good already- namely with the change to Vortex. I could change it to him spawning more sentinels (maybe 3 more) to show the damage purpose more where each sentinel would have -200 of all the stats of the my current 4th.  This would allow the mines to have its damage counterpart if place the sentinel above it but the mine would have to have a new mechanic like affect Y (at least 20) number of enemies then disappear to make it more effective. Passive would also have to include robotics. 

I think I read your rework as I left a comment on it, not feedback though. 

Edited by (PS4)yandelyandel2000