The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you shut down water turbine in PoE?

Daem0z

Question

I'm trying to get all the thousand year fish and this is the last one i need

I've been shooting at this damn windmill for 5 minutes and nothing's happening.

I've shut down the turbine before somehow without shooting the windmill so is there another way to do it?

It's night at the moment so does it perhaps only work during the day?

18 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

If I remember correctly you have to shoot the sails, not the center. There is also a console below it that you will have to hack.

I've shot every part of it to no effect

Just now, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

you have to keep shooting longer than that as each of the sails will fold forward till all folded an then your able to get the thousand year fish you been wanting

longer than 10 minutes for each sail???

Same issue I posted about earlier.

2 hours of waiting for the Rampart to cool down and shooting all of it into the sails, the center, the tower, the console. EVERYTHING. I shoot every part of it.

Some video said you can scan it by standing on a specific spot without doing this but I just cant get it.

At this point in time the sails do not take any damage whatsoever from the rampart or any other means. I'm not sure when this error started but it is affecting my game as well. Until DE fixes this we cannot complete1,000 year fish codex entries.

22 minutes ago, Kurokoro2980 said:

At this point in time the sails do not take any damage whatsoever from the rampart or any other means. I'm not sure when this error started but it is affecting my game as well. Until DE fixes this we cannot complete1,000 year fish codex entries.

well damn... i wanted a lil fish statue for my orbiter 😞

2 minutes ago, bl1te said:

There should be an exact point where your scanner can reach that fish without doing anything (through the water). I've seen this in some video, but can't remember which one.

Yes I have also seen those videos but I wasted almost an hour trying that method as well... either i cant find it or something is different.

i tried many times as well. even had my helios with me. i used titania and got real close to the water but it didnt work. whats weird is that one time i fell through my helios played the sound of it detecting something but straight away i respawned above round before helios could scan it

Well I tried to do this today......and it worked just fine on ps4.   I was in Free Roam - invite only.   

ran around and got all the other statues and windmill was next to last one.  I dropped down and kill all the enemies/turrets in the area.  Then I hopped on the turret gun by the tent and shot at the windmill and the blades folded.  I was shooting at the blades as they were at the 6 o'clock position.  Then I hacked the terminal and the water drained...     The blades did not flash damage numbers... 

Now I have a cool glass fish sitting in my ship.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Well I tried to do this today......and it worked just fine on ps4.   I was in Free Roam - invite only.   

ran around and got all the other statues and windmill was next to last one.  I dropped down and kill all the enemies/turrets in the area.  Then I hopped on the turret gun by the tent and shot at the windmill and the blades folded.  I was shooting at the blades as they were at the 6 o'clock position.  Then I hacked the terminal and the water drained...     The blades did not flash damage numbers... 

Now I have a cool glass fish sitting in my ship.  

weird. maybe its just on PC that it doesnt work. I sat there shooting the blades for 5 minutes nothing happened.