Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does Crit Work?

Mainabi

Question

I'm especially asking because of the synapse

it has 50% critchance

and x2 mutliplier/200% crit dmg modifier

let's say I use a point strike a maxxed one, the synapse will have 125% critchance

so does the extra 25% add another 200%crit dmg modifier so in the end instead of x2 that shot or whatever gets a x4 dmg?

and how do red crits work? red crit uses 10% of the normal crit, so the red crit chance for the synapse will be 12.5%?

greetings a rank 10 play that still doesn't know everything xD!

10 answers to this question

Im not a 100% sure on this, and please, correct me if im wrong. But I heard that if a weapon has 50% crit chance, and you add a maxed point strike which adds an additional 120%, it will have 85% crit chance or something like that. This is just what I heard. I dont know anything about the math being done in this... So more than every 8-9/10 bullets will crit? =/ 

Would like to know the same.

Someone said Crit Chance is limited at 87.50%, no idea if this correct or not.

isn't that just the crit chance for soma with maxxed point strike?

Im not a 100% sure on this, and please, correct me if im wrong. But I heard that if a weapon has 50% crit chance, and you add a maxed point strike which adds an additional 120%, it will have 85% crit chance or something like that. This is just what I heard. I dont know anything about the math being done in this... So more than every 8-9/10 bullets will crit? =/ 

point strike has 150%, my soma has 87.5 already, so yeah I'm super confused

Edited by Seira-EGT-

Yes It should be the same way as multishtot, If Multishot gets over 100% The extra % will be a chance to do twice the effect,

120% = 100% of extra shot and a 20% of a 3rd shot form 1 bullet

But the thing is that crits doesnt work like this (They should) If u have over 100% the extra % will do nothing so its not worth on the synapse to have point strike at max lv... you should leave it when it reachs 100% so u will have 50+50.. thats why im not liking the synapse... i only c a waste of mod points there... IT SHOULD DO RED CRITS but it doesnt...

(volts shield doesnt mean this weapon do red crits... thats just an effect of the power)

Edited by kamimegurine