Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisps - A few minor tweaks to

DarkRuler2500

Before anything: I really enjoy playing Wisp but there are some things that are bothering me a bit. I don't want to make Wisp OP but just add a few quality changes that would smooth the way her abilities work in actual gameplay.

• Breach Surge
    The double range should also be applied when casting Breach Surge while standing inside the Motes' range instead of just being applied when teleporting in. This would help in defensive situations.
  • Sol Gate
    Should be able to damage the Nullifier's bubble too. Other ability related effects (e.g. exalted blade, titania's exalted weapons) can damage it so why not Sol Gate?

I only have those two suggestions. Like I said, i am pretty content with Wisp already. :clem:

Eh, why not make her Sol Gate apply 10 times the ticks per second but do 1/10 the damage per tick (and fix the scaling to keep it about there)?

Same overall DPS, just faster status procs.

11 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:
  • Sol Gate
    Should be able to damage the Nullifier's bubble too. Other ability related effects (e.g. exalted blade, titania's exalted weapons) can damage it so why not Sol Gate?

The Sun is not an exalted weapon. That would be broken.

11 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Ok other comparison then. Chroma's breath is pretty much the same but that one damages Nullifiers.

You should expect Chroma to be nerfed more than Wisp to be upped. That's in DE's design philisophy: Spells should not damage nullifier bubbles. I'm even expecting the few remaining Exalted Weapons that can to be nerfed down too (now we can switch to a secondary weapon without cancelling the ability).

That seems clear with fixes like that 

Revenant Changes & Fixes:

• Fixed Revenant’s Danse Macabre being able to damage Nullifier bubbles (and then killing the Nullifier).

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

You should expect Chroma to be nerfed more than Wisp to be upped. That's in DE's design philisophy: Spells should not damage nullifier bubbles. I'm even expecting the few remaining Exalted Weapons that can to be nerfed down too (now we can switch to a secondary weapon without cancelling the ability).

That seems clear with fixes like that 

i would argue that since valkyr, wukong, ivara, and excalibur's exalted weapons are actually physical objects, or physical projectiles in ivara's case, that they should be able to damage the nullifier bubble in the same way bullets and swords do. as for revenant and wisp, their abilities are pure energy from the warframe, which is exactly what the nullifier is designed to nullify, so it makes sense to me that those wouldnt work. unfortunately my argument does kinda fall apart when it comes to excal's energy waves.

16 minutes ago, Podge said:

i would argue that since valkyr, wukong, ivara, and excalibur's exalted weapons are actually physical objects, or physical projectiles in ivara's case, that they should be able to damage the nullifier bubble in the same way bullets and swords do. as for revenant and wisp, their abilities are pure energy from the warframe, which is exactly what the nullifier is designed to nullify, so it makes sense to me that those wouldnt work. unfortunately my argument does kinda fall apart when it comes to excal's energy waves.

And Wisp's actually, since she only opens a gate to the sun. The actual physical plasma from the sun is spilling through the crack in space.

If anything, Wisp is the one who should not be nullified, really.

52 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

• Sol Gate
    Should be able to damage the Nullifier's bubble too. Other ability related effects (e.g. exalted blade, titania's exalted weapons) can damage it so why not Sol Gate?:clem:

Or you can just...

Now hear me out.

This is gonna sound nuts I know

Aim for their little bubble drone.

8 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

And Wisp's actually, since she only opens a gate to the sun. The actual physical plasma from the sun is spilling through the crack in space.

If anything, Wisp is the one who should not be nullified, really.

you have a point. nullifier bubbles shouldn't really stop the sun if they get popped by 5 bullets. although realistically, a crack in space releasing solar plasma should cook everyone and everything in a several kilometer radius, so i don't know if arguing for realism is going to change steve's mind.

6 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

• Sol Gate

Never happening. She was doing this when she was released but DE fixed that in one of the earlier hotfixes during Jovian Concord.

Edited by GPrime96

On 2019-07-28 at 4:27 AM, Chewarette said:

The Sun is not an exalted weapon.

This reminded me a of a scene from Saved! where her friend threw a Bible at her, and made me chuckle. Lol

giphy.gif

On 2019-07-28 at 5:09 AM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Aim for their little bubble drone.

I'm fully against abilities gaining damage against nullifiers, but I just wanted to say that those drones are a joke. 1 tiny drone that moves at super speed every time the Nullifier even slightly turns. That should've been a halo or something, visible from all sides of the bubble. I'm better off just taking the bubble down or just blasting the Nullifier in the face with my Operator (which is what I usually do).

1 hour ago, Lluminate said:

I remember in the devstream before she came out, they said something like breach surge would also send out the wave from her motes (or maybe I'm misremembering?).

I think you're remembering het first showcase, where the old ability "Harness" would send out wanted of damage from motes, but only motes, so it was useless without her one.

It would be a lot of fun if the nullifiers undone abilities when you damage their dome instead of ignoring them. I can imagine the hatred. And with it few will be able to argue, because everything is logical, Wisp opens a portal and kicks nullifier, nullifier nulled the portal and everyone is happy. Everyone except wisp.

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎28 at 10:16 AM, DarkRuler2500 said:

The double range should also be applied when casting Breach Surge while standing inside the Motes' range instead of just being applied when teleporting in. This would help in defensive situations.

I generally put a reservoir in the air above the point I want to defend, as it's easier to trigger the TP to it, and as an added bonus, it has slightly less trouble with vertical traverse, since it will reach down, but not up.

4 hours ago, Colyeses said:

I generally put a reservoir in the air above the point I want to defend, as it's easier to trigger the TP to it, and as an added bonus, it has slightly less trouble with vertical traverse, since it will reach down, but not up.

Wait, you can place them in the air? Jesus that makes the TP so much more reliable.

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎28 at 3:49 AM, Podge said:

or physical projectiles in ivara's case, that they should be able to damage the nullifier bubble in the same way bullets and swords do.

Uhhh, Artemis Bow DOES damage nullifier bubbles.  I know this one for a fact.  

Edit: So does Titania's Dex Pixia in RW mode.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

5 hours ago, Atsia said:

Wait, you can place them in the air? Jesus that makes the TP so much more reliable.

Yup. Bullet jump, aim glide, and put one down. It stays anchored to whatever location you're in when the animation finishes. It makes Breach Surge way more usable, which is good because it's a seriously powerful damage amplifier for non-single target combat.

Edited by Colyeses

Il y a 10 heures, DatDarkOne a dit :

Edit: So does Titania's Dex Pixia in RW mode.

Because it is a weapon that you can customize. Only regulators can't do damage to the nullifier because of their mechanics, as the nullifier is simply invisible to the ability. You can only deal damage if your weapon has a physical incarnation to customize. But it doesn't work with arbitration drones.

Breach charge needs to be more sticky. When i go to use it half the time i'm casting breach charge on the spot instead of targeting the Reservoirs because something broke my LOS for a millisecond or my crosshairs got moved by some screen shake.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-28 at 1:27 AM, Chewarette said:

The Sun is not an exalted weapon. That would be broken.

But the sun is... "the sun"... not a "void" ability. There's no reason for "The sun" to not destroy nullifier bubbles. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

On 2019-07-28 at 1:17 AM, Datam4ss said:

Eh, why not make her Sol Gate apply 10 times the ticks per second but do 1/10 the damage per tick (and fix the scaling to keep it about there)?

Same overall DPS, just faster status procs.

Cast speed~ 

Though I wish haste mote also gave her cast speed, so it could stack with natural talent. 

3 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

But the sun is... "the sun"... not a "void" ability. There's no reason for "The sun" to not destroy nullifier bubbles. 

Then nearly all abilities in this damn game should be able to. Let's remove Nullifiers altogether