Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisps - A few minor tweaks to

DarkRuler2500

6 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

But nearly all abilities do come from void powers though. 
I'm not against changing nullifier mechanics though. 

Well you're arguing that the Sun is not a Void power. Then Ember (Fire) doesn't deal any damage with Void, nor does Volt (Electricity), Frost (Ice), Garuda, Valkyr, Gara (Physical), Oberon (Nature), and approximately 100% of Warframes, except maybe Limbo.

The only Void Damage we have in this game is the Operator. Are you stating Nullifier should only protect against the Amp ?

No, it is here to nullify Powers. So it nullifies Powers. Wisp's Sol is a Power.

On 2019-08-05 at 9:40 PM, Chewarette said:

Well you're arguing that the Sun is not a Void power. Then Ember (Fire) doesn't deal any damage with Void, nor does Volt (Electricity), Frost (Ice), Garuda, Valkyr, Gara (Physical), Oberon (Nature), and approximately 100% of Warframes, except maybe Limbo.

The only Void Damage we have in this game is the Operator. Are you stating Nullifier should only protect against the Amp ?

No, it is here to nullify Powers. So it nullifies Powers. Wisp's Sol is a Power.

They generate and control their powers through the void. 

Wisp generates the portal, not the sun. 

il y a 53 minutes, Maka.Bones a dit :

Wisp generates the portal, not the sun.

Let's take a look. Here we have a star, is that radiates into the void with all sorts of rubbish, which then can be people. Here is Wisp. Wisp takes and opens one portal on the surface of the star, and the other in her hands. Yes, it turns out that she causes damage to the energy of the sun. But what can you say about the fact that the energy could change while it was inside the portal? The energy could change, not even to become more deadly, but to protect the Wisp itself so that she doesn't fry itself. And this change is used by the nullifiers. 

This is a fairly simple and logical interpretation. I understand that warframes are gods to you, but please observe safety precautions when opening portals to the surface of the star.

Edited by zhellon

On 2019-07-28 at 11:16 AM, DarkRuler2500 said:

Before anything: I really enjoy playing Wisp but there are some things that are bothering me a bit. I don't want to make Wisp OP but just add a few quality changes that would smooth the way her abilities work in actual gameplay.

• Breach Surge
    The double range should also be applied when casting Breach Surge while standing inside the Motes' range instead of just being applied when teleporting in. This would help in defensive situations.
  • Sol Gate
    Should be able to damage the Nullifier's bubble too. Other ability related effects (e.g. exalted blade, titania's exalted weapons) can damage it so why not Sol Gate?

I only have those two suggestions. Like I said, i am pretty content with Wisp already. :clem:

You know what, those are actually reasonable ideas. At first, I was even bothered like "How can a Wisp player demand anything when we have so many problematic warframes, her design is great".

Breach Surge idea is just "yes but idk". The ability is pretty strong and multipurpose as it is. You're just suggesting what is logical and comfortable, I thought of the same thing in my very first experience as Wisp. However, I think it's hard to miss that opportunity while designing and testing that mechanic with teleporting + double range. So my bet that it is an intentional adjustment for sake of balance, and I can understand that decision. Double range spamming is a bit crippled by that condition. It forces you to complicate your playstyle and it does that pretty well, without making it too tedious. Try placing your Reservoirs in different places so you'll reach crowded areas with Breach Surge and also have some map pressure.

There is also something you might not know:

• Casting Breach Surge while Wil-O-Wisp's clone is traveling will create a second surge around the clone.
  • Casting on Reservoirs will also double the range of the cast created by the clone.

I don't see the real problem with Sol Gate and bubbles. Bubbles are meant to do that. Btw you pointed out exalted weapons that pop them, but yes, those are weapons. The only ability that damages bubbles I can recall are Shuriken. First, those are physical objects - projectiles, like shots, in theory. Second, it's certainly not a tool for mass bubble cleanup. So you need to give better and more fitting examples to why allow damaging bubbles with Sol Gate.

Edited by Enchillado