The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing fun/difficulty

(NSW)Q.Mulative

So I was pretty excited when I unlocked Archwing, and found out that it's got a whole new set of wings, melee weapons, and ranged weapons to level-up and mod, but then one of my teammates was like "ugh I don't wanna do Archwing missions" and I wondered why... until I started looking at other Archwing missions.

The first couple of archwing missions I've unlocked were incredibly difficult! A "rush" mission where the closest I got to the objective involved smashing into walls and ignoring all combat to maximize on speed and try to catch up, and a tower-control mission where the control zones seem too small when you've just learned to fly.

I just wanna fly around freely and blast / smash stuff with these new equips to level 'em up and find new mods! Do most archwing missions have all this pressure behind them? Most of the non-Archwing missions let you sneak around, loot the place, and admire the scenery while you get used to all the powers and options at your disposal, but Archwing missions seem like they're only for people who've cleared content and want harder challenges. Is this the case?

Archwing isn't that difficult once you get used to it, but I personally still find it annoying. The lack of control (you know the feeling like you are trying to maneuver on wet ice and keep sliding around) makes it extremely frustrating. Also yay for having two different control sets for missions, but only one for the open areas -.- Worst part is you'll regret it if you don't get proper mods  for the stuff, because you'll need it later.

Archwing flight is *ahem* not easy to get the hang of. Stick with it and it'll come.

It doesn't help that Odonata and MyFirstArchWeapons are a bit meh. I quite like a bit of Archwing when I'm in the mood, but I don't use that loadout.

I repeatedly failed the Rush mission when I got to it, and then ignored it for quite a while. Went back at some point and just managed it on the second try, which surprised me. Ignored it again for ages, until I realised I needed to scan the Transport ships and their Nemes orbiters to complete my Codex. In the meantime I'd done lots of Archwing missions. I expected that Rush would still be a bit demanding, and was amazed to find it was easy now. It's just practice.

The Pursuit mission (Saturn) also gave me trouble at first. If someone told me then "One day you'll say this is easy" I wouldn't have believed them. But although Archwing was hard for me at first, nowadays I wish there some higher-level AW missions.

The best way I found at first to stop at the Interception control points was to crash into them.

Syrtis (Mars) is a straight-up Exterminate mission, so no time pressure on that one. The Sabotage on Jupiter has no time limit either.

Archwing is frustrating at first, but once I was over that hump, I found it fun.

• 3 weeks later...