Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rerolling Riven challenges for Kuva

Larsurus

I think most of us can agree that there are some Riven challenges that are too much of a pain in the posterior to be dealt with, so the Riven just sits in your mod collection to rot until you are so bored that you give it a go, only to fail and forget about it for another 6 months. Take for example the "3 head shots in a row in one aim glide" challenge, or the "17 kills in a row while glued to a wall" one. With the derpy AI we have to deal with, the first example is too much of a hassle for me personally. It was possible to cheese it in the old Jupiter tileset by floating on a updraft vent, but I'm not sure there are any such vents in the refurbished one. The second is meh and requires you to go to a low level infested mobile defence map and herd enough mobs to one room to kill. You would never be able to do the second one in a pug.

Anyways, enough belly aching. My suggestion is to be able to reroll the challenge itself using kuva before the Riven is even unveiled. Say max 3000 kuva per reroll. Getting the kuva is easier than a few of the existing challenges.

Riven challenges are the fun part for me, kuva is the issue with being boring. However in terms of the 3 headshots, if you have a kitgun and Pax Seeker, you can just aim glide get a headshot and let Pax Seeker do it's job. The projectiles from seeker targets the head and was easier than the air vent method. With 17 kills, I've always just taken a max range Equinox to Sanctuary Onslaught, Build maim up, latch on and pop your 4. Even a max range Octavia is manageable for it.

With that being said, I would happily reroll every survival challenge on rivens if it was an option.  It's not difficult, but basically AFK for 5 minutes is boring. I would finally have a reason to use the annoying kuva reward from sorties.

Good tips there. Though having to employ highly specialized cheese tactics to complete a challenge kind of defeats the purpose of it, I would say. Perhaps some challenges should be looked at and changed to better suit how the game is actually played instead of relying on specifc builds and circumstances to complete.