Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why even have "Elite" weeklies?

Kimimoto

Umm... Well let's see here...

Profit Taker can't be taxied, nor can Ropy. For both, you need to have completed a sizeable portion of the game. (Gotten to Venus and then grinded out SU for the former, cleared the story quests up to and including Chimera Prologue).

Even though it's used in an unusual context in that case, "elite" appears to mean "endgame content". Sure, it's easy if you've been playing the game forever, but for a new player it's about as far from their starting point as possible; this means that the bigger NW point rewards are behind a bit of grind; doing that grind means they will play the game more... And so on.

Edited by Angrytiger
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Angrytiger said:

Umm... Well let's see here...

Profit Taker can't be taxied, nor can Ropy. For both, you need to have completed a sizeable portion of the game. (Gotten to Venus and then grinded out SU for the former, cleared the story quests up to and including Chimera Prologue).

Even though it's used in an unusual context in that case, "elite" appears to mean "endgame content". Sure, it's easy if you've been playing the game forever, but for a new player it's about as far from their starting point as possible; this means that the bigger NW point rewards are behind a bit of grind; doing that grind means they will play the game more... And so on.

what he said. it doesnt mean stupidly difficult or something that only 1% of the player base can do, it just means it's more difficult, or you cant do it unless you've played a decent portion of the game. i've also seen one where you had to do 8 zones of ESO, or score a bunch of index points without the enemy team getting any. they are things that require preparation, and you cant just go in there with a bunch of newbies or unmodded equipment and expect to get it done.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Angrytiger said:

Even though it's used in an unusual context in that case, "elite" appears to mean "endgame content". Sure, it's easy if you've been playing the game forever, but for a new player it's about as far from their starting point as possible;

9 minutes ago, Podge said:

they are things that require preparation, and you cant just go in there with a bunch of newbies or unmodded equipment and expect to get it done.

I don't see how this explains why the elite tag is still a thing, doing the '6 perfect conservation tags' is harder. They should just remove it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

I don't see how this explains why the elite tag is still a thing, doing the '6 perfect conservation tags' is harder. They should just remove it.

Okay...I know you're probably trying to make a point or something, but...

...that is not true. Like, at all.

Edited by mac10smg--Toa_of_Green
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Kimimoto said:

To put it simply: Newer players cant just straight up jump right into it. Even if the boss fight is trivial to players with abundance of experience and know all the super tankie, immortal or damage nuke-a-holic builds. It would still be rather hard for the more recent-joiner crew, without a strong public buddy to take down the boss. Try imagine doing the fight without a amp, a frame with enough survivability or a weapon that can deal high damage with a good hit scan. Even with a wukong with about 1200 health and 600~800 armor could easily get one shot by the ropalyst while its on the platform, just for an example, This not even counting how much damage the laser can dish out too.

This is kind of why i enjoy the Exploiter & Ropalyst fights because they feel less like getting spam tasered by a mob of various enemies and more like you have to actually be moving around & wary of key targets in the fight, then just shooting the thing till its dead or wait till its weak spot opens up to then shoot it dead. You have to actually DO something to make them vulnerable then just only shoot them.

Tell this to mr10 . This content is aimed towards such players, not vets with mr 27 that already have everything and are bored of the game after playing it 10k hours. It should be obvious from the rewards, cred shop and missions they ask you to do. 

The first week I didn't do the Index challenge because I have no use for credits and the very existence of the Index is meaningless to me. I actually can't fathom how anyone needs credits.

The second week I didn't do the sortie because of the riven block. I got tired of dealing with them for now. Maybe in the future?

The third week was Profit Taker. Maybe I'll bother if they ever put anything on it as a drop. We'll have to see about Railjack but I think Atmospheric Archguns were a weak substitute for Operators and Amps.

This fourth week is a 30m survival. My least favorite game mode. It sounds about as fun as taking a belt sander to my arm.

I think it's less "elite" and more like "I'd rather do almost anything else with my time." It should be a big list of stuff and we can choose to do X amount of them for Y points until it maxes out. This includes running 10, 20, 30, 40, +++++ minute survivals for higher point values. If someone wants to blow their load in one loooooong boring mission, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to do so.

I guess I'm not really a fan of Nightwave.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

6 perfect conversations is much easier, and more importantly possible for someone only MR2-4 to do.
I mean all it takes is a stealth frame and you're done if you can even be bothered to aim properly to hit the animal with the tranq.  Conservation is very forgiving.

Meanwhile the Ropalolyst can't be done by an MR2-4 player...it requires said player to complete pretty much all of the story content in the game currently.  Good luck having a new player do that.
And no, you can't taxi a new player to the ropalolyst.

Elite serves one purpose: to demarcate challenges that newer players generally aren't able to complete so that they can tell "Oh, its elite, I likely won't be able to do this yet..."
Such a profit taker, or ESO (which requires a variety of in game quests completed in order to unlocK).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Well I did it solo with revenant and 1 last revive left.. he sucked out my charges in 1 second and I had the wrong elemental combo.. oh.. it was in nightmare mode too which sucked away my energy.. all in all horrible 😄

So it actually was difficult by accident,..

And yes, after this fight, you're officially allowed to bash revenant.. @(XB1)GearsMatrix301

\(^-^)/

4 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

In what other game can a brand new unranked player immediately do anything marked "elite"?

I'll wait.

That was my point.

It is marked as Elite not because it is hard, but because it takes an investment to get to.

• Like 4

On 2019-07-29 at 10:03 AM, Kimimoto said:

Harder than fighting the Ropalolyst? No, it's not, time consuming, sure. But it's not hard, hell Equinox and Ivara can trivialize conservations, and even without them I don't see what's hard about catching 6 Virmink or 6 seperate Pobbers, they're pretty easy targets. The only real way it could be hard is if you only tried to catch Sawgaws without Equinox, now that IS hard because of their constant movement and wonky hitboxes.

1 hour ago, Kaldwing0718 said:

Harder than fighting the Ropalolyst? No, it's not, time consuming, sure. But it's not hard, hell Equinox and Ivara can trivialize conservations, and even without them I don't see what's hard about catching 6 Virmink or 6 seperate Pobbers, they're pretty easy targets. The only real way it could be hard is if you only tried to catch Sawgaws without Equinox, now that IS hard because of their constant movement and wonky hitboxes.

eh, in warframe, basically time consuming = hard.