Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People still defend Nightwave.

Kconvey

I wouldn't say it's the worst feature, I feel like there could still be a few tweaks. I honestly feel like some of the rewards aren't exactly worth the spot they hold on the loot list and (this is prolly just me) it doesn't feel like there are enough missions in the during the week to compensate for one or more challenges that one wouldn't want to complete. I also feel like the cred shop is missing something but I can't quite think of what it is.

On the plus side though, it does hand out some nice rewards and it's also a bit easier to get some of the formerly difficult to obtain alert items. *cough*BoobenandNitain*cough*

• Like 2

As someone that basicly exclusively farmed Void Sabotage back when it was only the Void Keys i know every location the caches can spawn in and all the hidden places on the void tileset... so yeah, for me its easy peezy.

I mean just use the sound and press m to bring up the map, go into the tile check all the side rooms not going to the objective, rince repeat as you go towards the objective listening for the sound of the cache... done.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

People still complain about Nightwave.

Imagine how entitled a community must be to bash the first edition of an OPTIONAL feature despite the developer's best efforts to fix it, having them install it again with all of the issues fixed, and then having the community still bash it

Nightwave being optional doesn't really excuse anything. Technically, the entire game is optional, you know. No one is forcing you to play any of it. Most likely, you're playing it because you enjoy it. So, when there is a part that makes the game less enjoyable, doesn't it make sense to want it to be changed?

Besides, since Nightwave is the only way to get most of the stuff that comes from it, it isn't actually optional if you want any of those items.

Personally, this is why I am actually glad that all of the season 2 rewards suck. Now I can actually have fun playing the game instead of doing stupid chores all the time, but I won't miss anything worthwhile.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Tells me that people can't move on and accept that this is DE's game and they can do whatever they damn well please with it

That's a really good way to kill the game. This attitude is a big part of what killed Hawken. Those devs kept ignoring player feedback and doing what they wanted instead, and it ended up driving away all but the most dedicated players, and that wasn't enough to keep the game going.

So sure, DE can do whatever they want. Or they can actually keep their players happy. It depends on how long they want the game to last.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Teljaxx said:

Besides, since Nightwave is the only way to get most of the stuff that comes from it, it isn't actually optional if you want any of those items.

But that's assuming you want any of them. You might, but seeing as you've called this season's rewards "useless", it should be no matter to you, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Nightwave being optional doesn't really excuse anything. Technically, the entire game is optional, you know. No one is forcing you to play any of it. Most likely, you're playing it because you enjoy it. So, when there is a part that makes the game less enjoyable, doesn't it make sense to want it to be changed?

What is enjoyable to one person and another is completely subjective. The same reason why I didn't give a damn when Raids were removed. If it never appealed to me, then it doesn't affect me when it's gone. But when something does come along that I enjoy, and the majority of players calls for it to be revamped to all hell, then how am I supposed to feel?

4 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

That's a really good way to kill the game. This attitude is a big part of what killed Hawken. Those devs kept ignoring player feedback and doing what they wanted instead, and it ended up driving away all but the most dedicated players, and that wasn't enough to keep the game going.

So sure, DE can do whatever they want. Or they can actually keep their players happy. It depends on how long they want the game to last.

At least Digital is listening to feedback for the most part. You're acting as if Nightwave is a part of the game so substantial that continuing to make decisions like it would DEVESTATE THE GAME, AND RUIN IT FOR THE PLAYERBASE, OH NO. The game lasts as long as the playerbase allows it. Sure, some people don't find joy in Nightwave, but it is TRULY that tedious and horrendous that it would lead to a playerbase that's only a fraction of what it is today? 

Regardless of what anyone else here is saying, I think the most important thing to look at is what this system has replaced: Alerts. Alerts have NEVER been hard or challenging, they've always been a system for newbies and people with nothing to do. And that is it's primary purpose still. Just look at the store for cred offerings. What is it full of? Newbie items and cosmetics. This system is far more streamlined and frankly, I think it is a great system. I would liken it to dailies in World of Warcraft or other MMOs, but they're not even dailies, they're weeklies. You don't want to take a couple hours out of your week (which is likely spent behind your computer jacking off and playing video games) and do Nightwave? Good, don't do it. It's not required for anything important. You want the cosmetics? Then do the weeklies and shut the hell up. Complaining and crying because you don't like something is exactly why games crash and fail. So many devs cave in and listen to the public no matter what they say and they crash and burn because guess what? You don't know how to make good games or balance things properly. You don't like the way they do? Leave. You won't be missed.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

Regardless of what anyone else here is saying, I think the most important thing to look at is what this system has replaced: Alerts. Alerts have NEVER been hard or challenging, they've always been a system for newbies and people with nothing to do. And that is it's primary purpose still. Just look at the store for cred offerings. What is it full of? Newbie items and cosmetics. This system is far more streamlined and frankly, I think it is a great system. I would liken it to dailies in World of Warcraft or other MMOs, but they're not even dailies, they're weeklies. You don't want to take a couple hours out of your week (which is likely spent behind your computer jacking off and playing video games) and do Nightwave? Good, don't do it. It's not required for anything important. You want the cosmetics? Then do the weeklies and shut the hell up. Complaining and crying because you don't like something is exactly why games crash and fail. So many devs cave in and listen to the public no matter what they say and they crash and burn because guess what? You don't know how to make good games or balance things properly. You don't like the way they do? Leave. You won't be missed.

Sabatoge missions suck, thats why they try to force people to do it.

Nitian is NOT optional! 

Just now, Kconvey said:

Nitian is NOT optional! 

subjective and theories also i'm not seeing anything nitain can build that is directly a must have item maybe sands of inaros then you would need 3 nitain besides do one rank thats 50 right off the bat everything is pretty much your choice to build or not but if i missed something feel free to point it out 

2 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Nitian is NOT optional! 

The first rank of Nightwave rewards the equivalent of 50 Nitain, which is more than a fourth of the Nitain you need throughout the entire game. You know how long it would've taken to get those 50 Nitain when they came from Alerts? On average, around two months. You get them now in around a half hour, and that's being generous. And it's funny how you complain about hating Sabotage and not having enough Nitain in the same post, since if you stopped complaining and farmed Sabotage, you would get Nitain anyways, since it comes from caches. You're literally complaining about having to do the very thing that gets you Nitain at the same time as saying you don't get enough Nitain. You see the idiocy here?

• Like 1

Just now, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

The first rank of Nightwave rewards the equivalent of 50 Nitain, which is more than a fourth of the Nitain you need throughout the entire game. You know how long it would've taken to get those 50 Nitain when they came from Alerts? On average, around two months. You get them now in around a half hour, and that's being generous. And it's funny how you complain about hating Sabotage and not having enough Nitain in the same post, since if you stopped complaining and farmed Sabotage, you would get Nitain anyways, since it comes from caches. You're literally complaining about having to do the very thing that gets you Nitain at the same time as saying you don't get enough Nitain. You see the idiocy here?

further refrence rank 1 NW nitain is equal to 12.5 days of farming nitain so 12.5 days in like a half and hour or less or effort 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

the office crying GIF

• Like 1

Just now, seprent said:

further refrence rank 1 NW nitain is equal to 12.5 days of farming nitain so 12.5 days in like a half and hour or less or effort 

In reality it's like 25 days of farming Nitain, because unless you're playing for 18+ hours a day, you're not getting all 4 Nitain Alerts. In fact, if you look at some old forum topics on Nitain Alerts, most people saw only 1 Nitain Alert a day. So if you religiously farm watch for Nitain Alerts, it would be equivalent to 12.5 days, but for most people it would be 25+ days.

• Like 1

Just now, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

In reality it's like 25 days of farming Nitain, because unless you're playing for 18+ hours a day, you're not getting all 4 Nitain Alerts. In fact, if you look at some old forum topics on Nitain Alerts, most people saw only 1 Nitain Alert a day. So if you religiously farm watch for Nitain Alerts, it would be equivalent to 12.5 days, but for most people it would be 25+ days.

yeah im aware of that but i prefer to lay it out as if you sat down and got that nitan to get 50 then ask what took more effort doing about a half an hour of stuff or several days of waiting to get 4 where you could be i cant believe i'm saying this susceptible to real life and miss one further extending the wait time but yeah 3 a day 16.66667 days 2 a day 25 days 1 a day 50 days 

First : not everyone hates it, making a claim that everyone does so is factually incorrect and outright wrong.

Second: though technically not optional (as some of the rewards are mods) you only need to do a portion of the acts to get the necessary resources. 

Third: you disliking sabotage or survival or any of the hard missions (which is actually a you problem) should be a feedback to improve said missions and not destroy nightwave. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

Um.. no... Nitian came from alerts which could be anything.... and no one uses sabatoge for nitain. 

6 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

First : not everyone hates it, making a claim that everyone does so is factually incorrect and outright wrong.

Second: though technically not optional (as some of the rewards are mods) you only need to do a portion of the acts to get the necessary resources. 

Third: you disliking sabotage or survival or any of the hard missions (which is actually a you problem) should be a feedback to improve said missions and not destroy nightwave. 

Sabotage isnt HARD, its tedious boring, and annoying.