Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People still defend Nightwave.

Kconvey

7 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

I dont like nightwave too, and simple just dont do it. Good thing the rewards are mostly cosmetics and things I already have or not interested in.
Its not like were forced to do it, dont fall for the "fear of missing out" most games push to people.

Basically this.

It is your choice to play it or leave it. Arbitration is one thing that I hate in this game. I don't even completed the Star Chart and I don't care about mods or rewards in Arbitration. They have great rewards, yes. But if I have to do what I hate to get those rewards. I would stay out of it and just 'pretend' it never been there in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

How is it a lootbox? you never paid anything, you just beat the snot out of corpus,infested, etc.

I liked it because it was simple, do a mission, get a reward. 

not this stupid garbage of finding all the crates that spawned in walls, or perfect hunting bugged mobs. 

It's a lootbox stop trying to hide it, full of interesting rewards that you can earn but padded with so much crap that you barely see those good rewards.  I play enough games with lootboxes shoved in to recognize it and alerts are lootboxes with different coat of paint, maybe it's time to take off the rose tinted glasses.

And stop using a one time glitch that you encounted as way to dismiss an optional challenge and one glitched animal out of 7 species, it very weasel like to do but then again you'll use weasel words like "everyone hates nightwave" just to shove your opinion down our throats.

Nightwave is better plain and simple i have to choice earn what my reward is instead missing out on them through alerts horrible time gate that people like you will never mention cause that ruin your false narrative about your lootbox.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

I bow to your gaming godliness.. 

I guess I am just not godly in gaming enough to be worthy to play this game.

But in my non gaming godliness math, considering one mission is a 30 minute surivival and finding people who wont bail on you will take a few, you are looking at 45 of 2 hours right there...then even if you finish the sabotages in 15 minutes a piece another 45, and 30 minutes to do 6 perfect kills

Your ability to bend the fabric of space and time is beyond godly.

15 minutes a piece? Bwahahaha.

I've just completed my Monday Special Session, which I scheduled for the Cache Hunter one. Just to humour you, I decided to jot down my completion times. 8:18, 5:44 and 8:15. And I was actually taking my time; I just had lunch, and wanted to be thorough. I did this at Thon, Ceres. *Looks longingly at the last missing Xiphos piece* Ah, maybe another day. Like I said, just for this single, specific case: git gud.

And as for the Survival, I'll be doing that solo. So 30 minutes means 30 minutes for me.

Edited by KnossosTNC

41 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Its a known bug they sometimes spawn in walls, Im not the only player to report this.

By claiming that Caches spawning in walls is a "bug" shows how you tend to rush through most of what the game throws at you, not even bothering with exploration. By rushing, you're making the game more dull and boring.

On topic, Nightwave Series 2 allows for a better management of pacing than Series 1 and even Alerts. Alerts are too random and when you needed what it offers, you only got 1 hour. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kconvey said:

This weeks missions are beyond Horrid.

Sabatoge cases are back.. seriously.. no and I mean NO ONE likes spending and hour looking for these stupid cases. 

30 minute survival, its not hard, its BORING and tedious because most players wont challenge themselves and will just do the easiest, I know thats what I will do.

And the rest dont get any better, every single one is boring and tedious this week. Its just stupid busy work. How do people still defend this?

I know this is bait, but this is the LEAST terrible Nightwave I've seen yet. Bait harder next time, or wait until they do an Ayatan + Forma + Gild week

• Like 1

People still vent in GD.

People still use “everyone hate it” then they vent.

People still refuse to admit that not everyone share their opinion.

People still do not believe others while expecting to be believed themselves.

People still post memes and mine salt in vent threads.

I think everyone will agree that everything is well in GD.

/s

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

It's a lootbox stop trying to hide it, full of interesting rewards that you can earn but padded with so much crap that you barely see those good rewards.  I play enough games with lootboxes shoved in to recognize it and alerts are lootboxes with different coat of paint, maybe it's time to take off the rose tinted glasses.

And stop using a one time glitch that you encounted as way to dismiss an optional challenge and one glitched animal out of 7 species, it very weasel like to do but then again you'll use weasel words like "everyone hates nightwave" just to shove your opinion down our throats.

Nightwave is better plain and simple i have to choice earn what my reward is instead missing out on them through alerts horrible time gate that people like you will never mention cause that ruin your false narrative about your lootbox.

Hi!  A lootbox is a gamble.  It’s when you don’t know what the reward will be so you are taking a punt.

nightwave is a specific reward for specific tasks.  There is no gamble and you risk nothing.  It costs you nothing.

so, not a lootbox by any stretch of the definition.

They made 1 challenge just for you "complete a mission". Ive learned how to read those topic, they state as follows :

"I cant be bothered to do whatever the game asks me to do because im to lazy / dont want to play anymore (depending if you are vet or not) but i still feel entitled to rewards. I dont care that whole game is structured that way, i should be rewarded for whatever i feel like doing and DE must fix this immediately".

Edited by kuciol

Just have the conservation and cache one left

Cache is pretty ok if you have a squad of 4 and run Ishtarin for it.

But Conservation ... oh my god, I would rather do another 30 min survival than that S#&$.

Just now, kuciol said:

Use Ivara + sleep arrow, its always perfect capture.

it is not so much as I can't do it that I hate it.

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Just have the conservation and cache one left

Cache is pretty ok if you have a squad of 4 and run Ishtarin for it.

But Conservation ... oh my god, I would rather do another 30 min survival than that S#&$.

You don’t have to do them all!  I have not done the first week’s index one and I don’t plan on doing the conservation one.  Should still hit 30 at the end

Yeah, 14 min to complete the conservation act, hardly a big issue. 6 min to kill Ropalolyst is a bit easy for an elite, but I guess 30 min survival balances it out. 3 kuva siphons shouldn't be more than 15 min, and I get kuva to boot. I'm not fond of cache hunting so I might just skip that one. Nothing else of note here.

Edited by Llamatronian

Too bad this isn't 9gag or I'd have identified OP's problem.

Grow a pair and if you find any of this that "horrid", do something else.
You also don't see the issue in :"boring survival cuz I'll do the easiest one" ?
DE changed so much and there are still whiners who can't get that content can't be custom tailored to their "special needs"

On top of it all, you can skip all of which you're complaining and hit 30, but you still feel like throwing your fits on the forum.

People describing NW as a chore should also just remove themselves from the conversation.
This isn't a valid argument, everything can be a chore from the way you look at it.
Want to see chores? Go do some WoW dailies and come back when you're done after 2 hours, then do them again tomorrow.

P.S. I like doing sabotage on earth, since it gets me the chance to get that handy 50p worth Bite mod.

Sabotage cahces are insanely easy for me because I still have the spawn location for all the void caches memorized because it use to be the best way to get ducats. The 30 minute survival thing really isn't that big of a deal. I just did an arbitration survival because it has good rewards. This week's nightwave is genuinely the easiest it's been in a long while.

• Like 2

I'm sure I'm not the first to say it, but the absolute easiest way to find sabotage caches is to use Limbo with max range and efficiency and a bunch of loot radar mods. Caches show as crates on the map, and Cataclysm breaks crates, so just drop a Cataclysm nuke in every concentration of crates you see on the mini-map and look for ones that don't break.

Works for finding syndicate medallions too.

7 hours ago, Kconvey said:

This weeks missions are beyond Horrid.

Sabatoge cases are back.. seriously.. no and I mean NO ONE likes spending and hour looking for these stupid cases. 

30 minute survival, its not hard, its BORING and tedious because most players wont challenge themselves and will just do the easiest, I know thats what I will do.

And the rest dont get any better, every single one is boring and tedious this week. Its just stupid busy work. How do people still defend this?

Nobody forcing you to play it

1. Nightwave is infinitely better than the old alerts system.

2. You don't have to play any of the Nightwave missions.

I have a restricted amount that I can play this game.  I get maybe a few hours during the week and then a 4-6 hour block over the weekend, so I regard my playtime as being quite precious.  There are a lot of things in the Nightwave challenges that I don't do, either because I don't like that playmode or am not eligible to complete the challenge.  However, I'm still enjoying the fact that it just sits in the background and occasionally I get a nice reward.

The Nightwave rewards are there to reward people who can put in the time (and want to) to grind out to Max standing.  And even then, the amount of standing provided by each challenge has been increased so the actual overall grind is less.  I can't afford that time, so I just accept that I'm not going to get all the rewards. 

Given that you are awarded a massive chunk of Nightwave credit at the really early levels and you can spend that credit however you want, I don't see what there is to moan about.  Yes I dislike seeing things like 'Kill the Profit Taker' in the list because it's locked behind another rep grind gateway, but ultimately it doesn't matter that much.

• Like 2

I dislike Nightwave more than Alerts because it is quite a bit less interesting to play. The game feels pretty dead most of the time. Not to mention I don't like a loooooong list of items lined up in front of me sneering about how I'll miss all this stuff if I don't engage with this system. I just know that there's a laundry list of tedious objectives standing between A and B. There's no real way to speed it up, either. You have to go at the drip-feed pace that the system allows you.

In order to fix the latter grievance I would rather all the track items be hidden from the player and revealed only on unlock. This way, everything is a surprise, even if it is predetermined on the path. It's a small thing but I think it could make the whole process a lot more exciting.

I would also like to voice my disappointment at the alleged "catch-up" mechanic. I have yet to see any of the previously unfinished challenges pop up. I think this is due to not finishing all the challenges given during a week. If that's true, it's kind of an annoying gate. Given how many unappealing "elite" challenges there are, I may never finish an entire week's worth. If this blocks potentially missed/unfinished challenges from previous weeks, then it might be a poor design. This isn't currently the case for me, but it could be for someone else. Though, for me, I can't do sorties since my rivens are maxed and I'm tired of fighting with it.

I still say both systems could have easily lived side-by-side. Better or worse is subjective and different people enjoy different things. Regardless, I play a lot less since Nightwave launched. I'm sure that wasn't intended.

• Like 1