Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People still defend Nightwave.

Kconvey

personally i only find the profit taker kills a matter of discussion because some players wont reach that soon enough and miss some points. that though shouldnt matter in the end if someone wanted to get max rank though but still.

on another note i think nightwave could really use some more practical rewards like the augments. i have 0 reason to play the current nightwave since there is not a single interesting item in there for me. the ephemera is....funny....but even i as someone who loves such infested stuff i cant really get myself to like it, same goes for the operator suit which doesnt beat the prime operator suits, for which im kinda glad tbh but still.

leaves the whole nightwave part 2 being totally pointless for me and i was really looking forward to the infested one...but without nice reward theres even less reason to play it since it doesnt provide anything game play wise...which is my biggest issue with nightwave right now.

8 hours ago, GABRIEL0296 said:

why does lvl 14, 15 etc give noggles and posters..WTH....useless gimmicks should be lvl 1,2 rewards

Okay, so they're gonna put the so called useless rewards as first rewards so that you can complain that the first few ranks give useless rewards and force you to do more nightwave challenges than you're willing to.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

I dislike Nightwave more than Alerts because it is quite a bit less interesting to play.

You what?!?! Alerts were : do this mission in this period of time and get this trash reward. Very interesting gameplay you got there. God forbid you couldnt play in that exact moment. I just recently got Dead eye aura, that means it never poped up on alert when i played ( 290 days in), not that i need it or anything but that just shows how trash that system was because i would definitely got it just on the account that its a mod i didnt have.

You know what I love about Nightwave? The ability to work towards something. Sure it isn't perfect, lots of tasks are meaningless chores and I've skipped almost half of them as a result. But being able to buy essentials using creds has been a great change from the RNG that was Alerts. I have a day job, and so the chances of an alert with a reward that I need popping up during the few hours I'm home playing Warframe was slim at best. With Nightwave, I'm able to approach it at my own pace.

Not sure if I'll make it all the way to the end of the reward tree, and that sucks. But I'm glad that the system exists and that DE has applied a number of changes to address various issues. Such as front loading the currency to make it easier to access offerings and catch up mechanics so that I might be able to smash out the last ranks I need at the end of the season.

My two cents on Nightwave anyway.

• Like 1

asides from newbies falling short in nightwave i find another annoyance with nw being that there is a supposed faction theme to accompany each season, yet this faction theme has zero presence in game or in missions, its just vaguely about the often forgettable cosmetics once/if you get near the end of the rewards.

you know, if people put as much effort into actual feedback in the appropriate section of the forum as they do with mindless venting in GD, we would be LIGHTYEARS ahead of where we are now. the word "forced" has lost all meaning now. I roll my eyes when someone says it regarding Nightwave.. yes, it's not perfect, but you still have a choice on whether or not to do it: just be prepared to forfeit some cosmetics if you decide to back out: people want the rewards without the "tedious" work: you can't have it both ways.

sabotage chances? Ishtar, Venus, probably the easiest sabotage there is; you can ignore enemies and the storerooms and other hiding spots for caches are pretty obvious. 30 min survival? find something to do at the same time, forma something, or bring a Heliocor and scan enemies you haven't scanned yet, or just randomize your loadout and see what happens. there's a lot you can do t=o make that half an hour easier.

People still defend Nightwave because it's strait up better than the old Alerts system.

Perfect, no but alerts can't hold a candle to Nightwave.

What did Alerts have?

1. Instant gratification, run one mission and done.

That's it, that's all they had..... unfortunately that also meant if you couldn't drop everything and log into Wardrame you where strait up SOL.

Right now the downside to Nightwave is that it floods you with choices. You want to buy everything in the store but you can't, you have to pick and choose between things you need and things you want. Which can feel a bit bad having to pass on something you want for something you need.... that said what did we have before? What did you do when there was an Alert for an Alt helmet you liked when you where at work/school? whelp you didn't have a choice did you and god knows when that was going to pop back up, probably months. The only possible saving grace is that you probably weren't aware it dropped, ignorance is bliss I suppose. With Nightwave you're looking at maybe weeks before it rotates back into the store.

So Nightwaves biggest perceived downside, choice, is also it's best side.

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Kconvey said:

Sabatoge cases are back.. seriously.. no and I mean NO ONE likes spending and hour looking for these stupid cases. 

30 minute survival, its not hard, its BORING and tedious because most players wont challenge themselves and will just do the easiest, I know thats what I will do.

Sabotage cases take about 7 minutes. Make the build. 

Survival in Kuva is what people do anyways... so I dunno. 

Sabatoge cases are back.. seriously.. no and I mean NO ONE likes spending and hour looking for these stupid cases. 

I do :) 

and im not saying this just to contradict you.... Yes Cache hunts are terrible. But I was lucky to gave a mentor teach me to hunt caches effectively.... and now that shes gone I just do them to reminis about the gold old days farming for Bullet Dance and Shell Shock. 

so that specific one isn't so bad for me....

the horrible ones are the Gilding/Orb Fights and Silver Grove ones....

and with that said.... the problem isn't with Nightwave itself so much as it is with DE not implimenting properly.... being greedy with the Cred that alot of players need.

30 minute survival, its not hard, its BORING and tedious because most players wont challenge themselves and will just do the easiest, I know thats what I will do.

Yeah this one is bad too.... but I never take the easy road for any of the Nightwave acts....

I just pop open my foundry and see if I need any specific resources..... then I grab Nekros and defile some corpses in a survival mission that has what I need....

2 hours ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

I would also like to voice my disappointment at the alleged "catch-up" mechanic. I have yet to see any of the previously unfinished challenges pop up. I think this is due to not finishing all the challenges given during a week. If that's true, it's kind of an annoying gate. Given how many unappealing "elite" challenges there are, I may never finish an entire week's worth. If this blocks potentially missed/unfinished challenges from previous weeks, then it might be a poor design. This isn't currently the case for me, but it could be for someone else. Though, for me, I can't do sorties since my rivens are maxed and I'm tired of fighting with it.

The catch up mechanic was necessary but the current implementation is definitely a deficiency that needs to be addressed.

I'd definitely also love for something to be done about Rivens as well, because as much as I want the Sortie reward to be a Riven I also dread dealing with being back at 91/90 when it is.

11 hours ago, Kconvey said:

This weeks missions are beyond Horrid.

And the rest dont get any better, every single one is boring and tedious this week. Its just stupid busy work. How do people still defend this?

I have no problem with this. Even though I never do them, these tasks are simple and require no work or anything. All you gotta do is play the game. They may seem boring and tedious but, not like it would take years just to do 1. Caches are simple to find, won't take you more than 20 mins to find them. Survival is just 30 mins of your "Free Time". Not like you have other things to do.

I don't see why people are complaining over free S#&$ just for playing the game. If you want a more simpler and easier game, why not try Anthem, that game sure works and doesn't require you to do anything.

52 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Participation reward community is what brought us nightwave, blame them, they are what is wrong with this game.

Soooo what, Alerts where skill based now? Is that where we're going? lol

• Like 1

I picked up 75+ nitain extract by purchasing with this current nightwave. I'd say that beats having to wait around for those alerts to pop up; when we can just now farm credits to purchase whatever we may need and on top of getting a reward for each tier we achieve. Sure some of the objectives aren't the greatest, but some of them have actually pushed me to do and complete things in the game that I have never touched. I want the end rewards, and unlike the last wave of nightwave (which I barely touched) I will complete every challenge on this current wave. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Kconvey:

Its just one bad chore mission after another. Its not like 30 minute carpal tunnel inducing Survival is any better, its not hard, its just a long boring chore.

Why carpal tunnel? Find a spot, deploy zenistar and depending on your warframe do some reward increasing abilities (pilfering strangledome, pilfering swarm). Shoot a few things if you like or run around and collect stuff. Then add some nice music or netflix if you like. 40 minutes will be over quite fast and you will have nice bunch of resources and relics. - Personally I find that a chill afternoon. 

12 hours ago, Kconvey said:

NO one likes this mission, like ever, no one even likes finding these crates. Its HORRIBLE!

I like this mission, it's relaxing and it lets me appreciate the work on the map.
Idk where this "No one" comes from. It's and easy mission that can be dealt with rather easily

• Like 2

I must confess this week was very boring. The "find caches" is just way too played out by now. Survival and ropalyst, fine. The "do x amount of derelict/kuva/nightmare/invasion" ones are just too repetitive. And hunting floofs should be expanded to PoE by now for a change. The tier rewards I'll be unlocking this week are also nothing special, so I'm struggling a bit to get started.

Obviously they want to engage and guide newer players who may not know what these missions are, or may not have dared trying them yet. That's a good thing. But pleeeaaase there has to be some sort of tiers to it for players that are on a completely different level. I really enjoyed the tougher ones in the first season, before things got nerfed or deleted. I'm not asking for endgame type of stuff that don't exist, but something that is at least a bit engaging, something that can give me reasons to try or explore frames and weapons I don't normally use.