Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People still defend Nightwave.

Kconvey

2 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Where in my post i ever mentioned alerts ?

Where in your post would you have to considering the only two things we have ever had are Alerts and Nightwave. 

Cause you sure as heck weren't offering up a third option.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Where in your post would you have to considering the only two things we have ever had are Alerts and Nightwave. 

Cause you sure as heck weren't offering up a third option.

Why do people always assume that when someone dont like nightwave, he automatically wants alerts back ? Is that like the only argument you people have ?

Just now, Swagernator22663 said:

Why do people always assume that when someone dont like nightwave, he automatically wants alerts back ? Is that like the only argument you people have ?

Then bring something of substance to the table, I'm sure we'd all be absolutely enthralled.

also nightwave says here you can do these missions that reward you good things while also being rewarded by the ranks.

orokin vaults? Corrupted mods can sell. Sabotage? Do high end sabotage and get that part you're missing for that ship.

30 minute survival? rack up whatever resource you need on any planet.

you see theres more reason to do the nightwave challenges then there appears to be.

12 hours ago, Kconvey said:

Alerts were fine... 

The fix is worse than the initial problem!

Someone polled, 55% prefered nightwave, 45% prefered alerts, yeah you can say hey we win, but having nearly half the players not liking it , is not a very good win.

That's a bigger margin than Brexit so 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

its not like you ever did that.

Yup totes, not like my first post was at least borderline insightful with regards to why Nightwave can "feel" worse while being quantifiably better or anything. 

Still waiting on this skill based system of yours or at least a post saying that "my post never said said skill based". Which will raise the quandary, if you are decrying participation then whatever was your implication. Who knows this might even devolve into a conversation.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kconvey said:

Alerts were fine... 

The fix is worse than the initial problem!

Someone polled, 55% prefered nightwave, 45% prefered alerts, yeah you can say hey we win, but having nearly half the players not liking it , is not a very good win.

Provide proof with a link to the poll with the results. I'm not gonna take your word for it if you don't bother to cite the source of your evidence.

And to add, stop trying to speak for others. Your opinion is still not a fact, no matter how many times you cry about it.

Edited by Sajochi
  • Like 1

I hate NW as a "solution" and feel it is objectively worse than alerts as far as useful, mandatory item rewards are concerned, like magnitudes worse for everything but nitain. 

That said, just stop.  Both sides have their heels firmly dug-in and neither is going to concede, so just leave it alone.  Post ideas for improvement in the feedback section in the hopes they actually implement them rather than starting the same fight every day, where both sides belittle and straw-man the others position. I wish the mods would just ban all mention of NW, good or bad (outside of gameplay questions) just so I can stop being reminded how much better alerts were for rewards that actually matter.  

13 hours ago, EquinoxPrime said:

Yeah, that people don’t seem to understand what “optional content” is.

It's because DE placed exclusive rewards behind this optional content. If DE gave players any other way to acquire these rewards, many would just do the alternative methods instead of grinding NW for them. Sadly, DE has not provided any alternative methods yet and since it could be years before they do, the optional NW becomes more like a limited 10-week event.

Please note that alerts were available on a rotating schedule so even if you missed the reward you wanted, it would always be available again very soon. So the result is that NW is a very bad replacement for alerts since many of the rewards are exclusive to each individual NW and will not repeat.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

It's because DE placed exclusive rewards behind this optional content. If DE gave players any other way to acquire these rewards, many would just do the alternative methods instead of grinding NW for them. Sadly, DE has not provided any alternative methods yet and since it could be years before they do, the optional NW becomes more like a limited 10-week event.

Please note that alerts were available on a rotating schedule so even if you missed the reward you wanted, it would always be available again very soon. So the result is that NW is a very bad replacement for alerts since many of the rewards are exclusive to each individual NW and will not repeat.

Oh how I enjoyed that time I went something like 3 or 4 consecutive weeks missing out on an Orokin Reactor. Had to delay building up one of my frames because of that.

Hmm. Looks like I just dug up another axe from my closet. The thing never ends.

Sure, DE should be more transparent about how and when all these exclusive rewards would be coming back. However, having experienced your RNG snooze-and-lose's definition of "very soon," I'm rather glad to be rid of it.

Edit: Hmm. Thought about it more. I remember going into at least two consecutive Devstreams and coming out hoping "please be Reactor GOTL, please be Reactor GOTL," and being very disappointed that they turned out to be Catalysts. It was therefore probably longer than 3-4 weeks, and I was lowballing it. Ah, fun memories.

Edited by KnossosTNC

There is only one really bad thing with Nightwave since the changes and that is the catch up mechanic and how it works. It is very poorly implemented due to how it completely disregards actual catch up since you must complete all the current weekly tasks to unlock one from a previous week.

A true catch up should simply be all old weekly/elite challenges staying and possible to complete for the coming weeks until the series is over.

It is a thing that will likely never effect me personally but I do feel for the people that may need to rely on it over the course of several nightwave series.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kconvey said:

This weeks missions are beyond Horrid.

Sabatoge cases are back.. seriously.. no and I mean NO ONE likes spending and hour looking for these stupid cases. 

30 minute survival, its not hard, its BORING and tedious because most players wont challenge themselves and will just do the easiest, I know thats what I will do.

And the rest dont get any better, every single one is boring and tedious this week. Its just stupid busy work. How do people still defend this?

How curious... I would ask the same about people defending alerts, despite them being timed based missions.

Nightwave has flaws, sure... But why even judging it OVER A SINGLE MISSION TYPE?

14 hours ago, Kconvey said:

NO one likes this mission, like ever, no one even likes finding these crates. Its HORRIBLE!

Don't speak for everyone. I like the sabotage missions, because they feel like hindering a faction's ship. Also, i don't mind finding the crates. And as so, please speak for yourself about that.

Now that I got everything out of the way, I would say, the conservation challenge just feels completely annoying. 

Halfway through the capture, some annoying corpus dingdongs pop up and bam, you need to start from square one again.

It isn't hard.

It's just tedious.

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Now that I got everything out of the way, I would say, the conservation challenge just feels completely annoying. 

Halfway through the capture, some annoying corpus dingdongs pop up and bam, you need to start from square one again.

It isn't hard.

It's just tedious.

Sure, not exactly exciting content, and one I wouldn't miss if I was to do without. As I said, I'd rather Nightwave be more missions-based than simply a rolling Achievements-like system.

That said, eh, Ivara. I haven't failed a capture yet. Also, a nice change of pace after my relic grind.

4 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yup. Sad to see how many people can settle for so little and so terrible when they could receive so much more and so much better. But because of them defending this trash system, it will always be terrible. Shame.

You think that returning to alerts would improve? No.

The thing you said applies to Alerts as well, but doubled:

-Alerts gave the same reward.

-Alerts were timed.

-If an alert was in a planet/node that you didn't unlock, you couldn't do that.

-Vauban parts were rare, which mean if they were missed, players had to wait much longer.

-Most of the alerts's reward becomes useless once you unlock better alternatives.

It's ironic how you say that people settles for so little and defend Nightwave, when most of your kind is defending alerts, which did the same as well.

Both Nightwave and Alerts have their benefits and problems.

Alerts could have been fixed/altered to remain the constant activity, jump-in/jump-out "do stuff" thing (Longer durations, larger resource/credit bundles - I've posted in detail before, what I'd change.)

Nightwave could be fixed/altered to function more like an event than an alert replacement. Lore based, with activities matching the story. (I've posted in detail how I'd fix Nightwave.)

However, I think the reality behind all this, and why Alerts are gone instead of existing alongside Nightwave, is Alerts were too rewarding, and they wanted to slow down people's acquisition of the stuff you could get from them. Nightwave is significantly less rewarding than Alerts were (though it has stuff Alerts never had, like the cosmetics, special mods, and slots). Nightwave certainly didn't achieve all the goals they stated they wanted it to fix. (front-loading the cred fixed many problems it had, but was more of a band-aid for the overall issues I have with it.)

I don't like the trade-off, overall. Big picture, for me, I feel less rewarded for my playtime in Warframe, and I'm being "forced" (for exclusives) to do things I'd rather not do with my limited playtime. Thus, I'm having less fun in Warframe, and Nightwave is made to feel like a chore (unless it's stuff I'd already be doing.) Alerts never suffered this problem for me, because the rewards would always come back around if I didn't like the mission type that the current alert was (I skipped all Interceptions, for instance, even if it was Nitain!) If I were to skip the Nightwave stuff that didn't fit with my current goals and how I want to spend my time this week in the game, well, that's missing out on unrecoverable time-limited event points... even with the so-called catch-up mechanic. This isn't about how hard the acts are, but best use of my time to accomplish my goals, and Nightwave has successfully overridden my personal goals, with its artificial goals, causing a building resentment against the system in general, regardless of how difficult the acts really are, that it asks me to do.

It's not that I don't want to play Warframe, I just don't wan to do the specific thing that Nightwave is asking of me. While I might LIKE doing some of the things it's asking me to do, it might not fit my current goals (even during the entire 10 week period of the event.)

I rarely use more than 1 forma on a given thing... and it's a very strategic decision, as I don't like limiting my future options to mod that thing unless I know for certain the polarity will be of sufficient benefit to me (very subjective, and changing with the release of new mods, new enemies, etc)

Go scan plants and craft Apothics and hunt down grove spectres... yeah, I occasionally scan plants of my own choice, and I had enough materials to craft 3 apothics as soon as the act became available, but I know MANY people don't like busywork like that, and it's a painful chore. I used up all my plants, and if that is another week's act again... and I don't have enough materials built up again by then, it'll even be a chore for me - and I even LIKE that sometimes, at times of my own choosing.

Go find Caches... I run Marduk all time, of my own choice, to get Axi relics... and OCCASIONALLY, I'll choose to hunt down the caches... but if I want to rush through and ignore them because the 3rd cache is just annoying me... I'll just do so, without caring all that much.

Conservation is just downright annoying... forcing me to do it is like forcing me into the dev stream where Reb was trying to showcase it... and people were squirming in their seats just waiting for the pain to stop. (maybe that's just me?) But I have done 10 perfect conservations and I'm fully capable of the act... it's just not fun, and not something I would choose to do with my time.

It's not the end of the world that there are acts I can skip, I know that... but when does this list become too many to skip and still receive the exclusive event rewards? At what point does this change from rewarding everyday gameplay to twisting your arm to do a list of chores before you can go have fun? That's different for each person... and I'd say resentment will be building in many people's minds, whether they initially realize it or not... and then the day will come when they want to decide which game to play today, and the tipping point will go with a different game. (not saying the game will die, or a massive fall-off of players... but Nightwave WILL and already has, contribute/d to the reason people leave the game, in its current state.)

This is all compounded by how dis-con-nected Nightwave acts are from the lore that they're trying to bring out with it. Nightwave has a lot of potential, and I may be more upset with Nightwave for that failing than other people. I don't like to see ideas like this squandered. (I've posted how I'd link them better in the past as well, and won't go detailing that here again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

You think that returning to alerts would improve? No.

The thing you said applies to Alerts as well, but doubled:

-Alerts gave the same reward.

-Alerts were timed.

-If an alert was in a planet/node that you didn't unlock, you couldn't do that.

-Vauban parts were rare, which mean if they were missed, players had to wait much longer.

-Most of the alerts's reward becomes useless once you unlock better alternatives.

It's ironic how you say that people settles for so little and defend Nightwave, when most of your kind is defending alerts, which did the same as well.

Where the flying Clem do you see ALERTS written ANYWHERE on that post? Stop jumping to conclusions to make stupid points.

P.S. Alerts and Nightwave are two absolutely distinct entities, and yes, they can coexist. The world's not black and white, as you're implying it is.

For those having issues or disliking the perfect capture task in OV, just use Banshee.

Having all of your equipment permanently silenced far outshines the S#&$ty stealth provided by certain frame. Banshee allows you to kill whatever Corpus goons come close without frightening the target incase they're there. It also lets you miss shots and still score a perfect cap many times.

I just started playing again at the start of this Nightwave episode and im honestly surprised to hear people bash it this much. Most, if not all of the weeklies and dailies are incredibly easy to do and so far i've finished every week within 1-2 days.

I personally really enjoy this, compared to alerts which were always completely pointless and not worth doing.

to me the most hard thing is hunting animals in vallis...i never find this things! Its very artificial thing! Why sounds and others things to hunt this things? Why not equal like cetus where we can see without this things?