Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has trading for plat gotten worse?

S.Dust

When I originally started Warframe I feel like primes were worth more and the trade chat had a larger variety of things you could trade to make plat or at least people seemed to be looking for a wider variety of things; Looking at the game now, it feels like the main thing being traded is rivens and for extremely high prices as well. It kinda just feels like the games market it just going to hell.

• Like 4

vor 53 Minuten schrieb S.Dust:

It kinda just feels like the games market it just going to hell.

Trade chat was always a special place. I wish new players would not have to see it because it gets them the wrong ideas about the Warframe community and how to trade.

I doubt that rivens sell well in trade chat because it is mostly the same offers over and over again. I use only warframe.market and sell prime parts, Baro weapons and rare mods. Works like charm and everybody I have met so far has been fun to trade with. 

• Like 2

Depends on if you have it filtered by WTB or not. It’s fine if you do for the most part, aside from the “WTS [overpriced rivens] WTB nothing” posts. 

You just cannot expect to be immediately sell stuff on it. I normally check it once during play sessions, and if anyone wants to buy what I’m selling I go for it. You can make a couple hundred plat pretty quick that way. (Also I don’t bother with selling rivens, so that helps).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, S.Dust said:

When I originally started Warframe I feel like primes were worth more and the trade chat had a larger variety of things you could trade to make plat or at least people seemed to be looking for a wider variety of things; Looking at the game now, it feels like the main thing being traded is rivens and for extremely high prices as well. It kinda just feels like the games market it just going to hell.

someone needs to sharpen up their trading skills

vor 2 Stunden schrieb S.Dust:

Uhm, I'm selling a variarity of things excluding rivens exept selling some unrolled ones I have no use for. Works good, can't complain. 

I just filter and only keep WTB and WTT on. 

The rivens have deflated a lot of the other things that were popular, also since there are a lot more players they have become fairly easy to get and their value has dropped too. 

Just check the 3rd party sites for trading and it is usually a lot less painful and more efficient to get whatever you want,

people still trade they just don't use trade chat for it. 

I have perceived a devaluation of prime parts and any mod outside of ultra-low drops like Kinetic Diversion or Gladiator Vice myself.  There are many things it could be, but my guess is that more people are cracking relics and farming rare drops over the last 6 months or so.  I've seen it happen before in these periods between major content releases where the market shifts downward, presumably because there are more plat farmers per capita during content droughts than right after a big release.  Thus, higher supply/lower demand.  There is a lot of riven hype though, even on .market since they now allow sales of unveiled's, so perhaps people are saving for rivens?  Could be...

If the big update this fall brings in a flood of new people we'll start seeing non-vaulted prime frame sets selling for 65-90p again.  Can still get that now but I can sell 2-3 sets at 40 in the time it takes to sell 1 set at 60 now, so I just go for the wholesale approach.  So I don't think I'm making less plat per month, just less per transaction with many more transactions than I was seeing 6-8 months ago.  Fortuna didn't seem to bring people in the way other big updates have, so that could be exacerbating the perception that the market is down as well.

This is purely my experience on PS4 using .market (I avoid trade chat like the plague); haven't logged in to my PC account in months so I've no clue what the market is like there.  I also trade during wildly varying hours from day-to-day, so I may be missing peak times and have a skewed perception.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, k05h said:

I doubt that rivens sell well in trade chat because it is mostly the same offers over and over again.

Apparently good rivens do.

But finding a buyer for even the best riven in existence takes time and patience if the seller doesn't want to sell it under its value so you will see a lot of spam.

Additionally, some people overvalue their rivens.

2 hours ago, k05h said:

Trade chat was always a special place. I wish new players would not have to see it because it gets them the wrong ideas about the Warframe community and how to trade.

I decided to use trade chat for once in my life yesterday (literally a few hours ago, it's 1:22am my time) and I had 3 noobs tell me that 200p for Oberon Prime Systems is way too much. I promptly directed them toward the market while giving one of them a lecture on supply, demand, and scarcity. If I would've physically face-palmed I would've taken off my head.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IgnatiuSgaming said:

u want sell something except riven
Go to warframe.market

Can sell your rivens there too. I much prefer using their riven auction to trade chat. Made a lot of plat and bought quite a few rivens for some of my favorite weapons the day I discovered that. Like it even better for buying, more price accountability and better options. 

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Firetrucksrule:

Can sell your rivens there too.

^^ This

I sold all my excess unrolled rivens there for fixed price sell orders. Personally I prefer those sell order over auctions because of a tight game schedule and people living in different time zones. 

5 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I decided to use trade chat for once in my life yesterday (literally a few hours ago, it's 1:22am my time) and I had 3 noobs tell me that 200p for Oberon Prime Systems is way too much. I promptly directed them toward the market while giving one of them a lecture on supply, demand, and scarcity. If I would've physically face-palmed I would've taken off my head.

You do you. But his set goes for 100 P on warframe market. A website that's known for having pricing issues of things being over priced.

If you find someone actually willing to buy just the systems for that much, congrats I guess.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

mostly the rivens kind of polluted the market and in turn just seems to have devalued a lot of primes or people are being tighter with plat i guess to buy powercreep rivens. either way i trace it to rivens in general doing it.

I would say the relic system and just more players having access to primes did that. Look at the switch community. Their riven prices aren't that different from pc, but some vaulted prime sets are selling for 800-1000 p. (Not saying rivens had nothing to do with it. But...)

9 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Only problem is that everyone has almost everything now. Sometimes hard to sell stuff that people already have. Having to run around looking for items that people need. Feel like RNG has taken over trading lol.

• Like 1

It hasn't gotten worse... the game just got bigger and the market has more stuff in it.... primes are ore easily attainable and change hands more often now...

I just compensate by selling more of them...

I mean.... last unvaulting gave us a taste of what it used to be like when they made those relies drop only in the void... 

The Axi L4 was selling for 50 Platinum....lol... a relic... worth more than an entire prime weapon set.... 

6 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Lol are you trolling or something?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, S.Dust said:

There are more players in 2019 than there were in 2016.

More players = more concurrent players 

More concurrent players = more players trading

More players trading = greater supply

Greater supply = lower prices 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

There are more players in 2019 than there were in 2016.

More players = more concurrent players 

More concurrent players = more players trading

More players trading = greater supply

Greater supply = lower prices 

Yes, it means greater supply.

But it also means greater demand on truly rare items, since most people don't bother to farm them but still want them.

Problem isn't that the items people trade are less varied, they aren't... Some did get cheaper, so get less attention.
The problem is that Rivens are very profitable, and so get more spam. And that the Trade chat, as a medium, can't keep up with the growth in players, which makes it get saturated and hard to use pretty fast. The game needs better systems for grouping and trading (like a LFG system and a Auction House/Market system) because using chat is fine when you have 1000 concurrent players, but it's not working well when you have tens of thousands.

I've observed (on PC) that Prime Frames rapidly tank in value, but rarely rise above 200p even when they're new and hot (or old and evergreen, like Rhino and Loki). 

Weapon sets are similar - 100-150 for about 2 weeks, ~35p after that. (as one might expect: lucky folks who get them early can demand more, but over a couple weeks everyone gets one through farming, and the rest just wait out the price spike). 

The only thing commanding numbers of any size are Rivens and a couple Arcanes. Everything else is basically pocket change. 

Is that worse? I don't know. But it's different than it used to be. 

Edit: my trade filter is usually

+WTB -Riven -Unroll -WTS

Really cuts down on the Riven floggers.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe