Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has trading for plat gotten worse?

S.Dust

vor 11 Minuten schrieb kgabor:

But it also means greater demand on truly rare items, since most people don't bother to farm them but still want them.

I would argue that there are very few "true rare items" left. DE did actually a great job in providing substitutes for almost everything. There are very few meta items in the game. And even if you are lacking a meta frame like Saryn, there is a limit how how many Saryns an ESO group can handle 😉

Rivens are more of a psychological thing in terms of how many times overkill you want to achieve and not if you are even able to achieve something. E.g. rivens help your group having 4-5 tridolons per night but without them you still be able to kill 2-3 per night. 

40 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Yes, it means greater supply.

But it also means greater demand on truly rare items, since most people don't bother to farm them but still want them.

No. 

Demand only works if several conditions are met: player is online; player does not currently own the item; player wants to own the item; player has enough plat to afford the item; player wants to spend the asking price on the item. 

If any of those conditions isn't met then you won't be selling it to that player. 

In this game, supply will almost always outstrip demand, for the vast majority of items that we can trade. 

43 minutes ago, k05h said:

I would argue that there are very few "true rare items" left. DE did actually a great job in providing substitutes for almost everything. There are very few meta items in the game. And even if you are lacking a meta frame like Saryn, there is a limit how how many Saryns an ESO group can handle 😉

Rivens are more of a psychological thing in terms of how many times overkill you want to achieve and not if you are even able to achieve something. E.g. rivens help your group having 4-5 tridolons per night but without them you still be able to kill 2-3 per night. 

More than a psychological carrot on a stick, since it speeds up progression, opening up a way to farm more arcanes, which is more plat.

Ofc. most players don't use it as such, but there is still a great demand for rivens with the amount of rng in their acquisition.

The best arcanes and rivens are in great demand not because they are needed, but because they add to the power fantasy the majority of WF players seems to like, some of the arcanes are way more overpowered than rivens.

Completionism also plays a part when it comes to vaulted prime sets, with MR giving some minor benefits and 'whales' would pay for all the benefits they can get.

6 hours ago, stormy505 said:

You do you. But his set goes for 100 P on warframe market. A website that's known for having pricing issues of things being over priced.

If you find someone actually willing to buy just the systems for that much, congrats I guess.

I play on the Switch where his set goes for 250-300 due to only being available once on thst platform. I could price it at 150, tbh, with those prices. But is 150 still too much even for the Switch?

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

Perhaps the market has changed because plenty of folks have everything?

The demand changed in a free market.

Even as a fairly casual player i have most of the games rare stuff. I more often then not only use plat to nab skins or other stuff you can't even get from players.

And to just hop in at my liesure for a few hrs doing average missions for fun. It doesn't require me to be some hardcore no lifer.

Adapt to your new market.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

17 hours ago, S.Dust said:

When I originally started Warframe I feel like primes were worth more and the trade chat had a larger variety of things you could trade to make plat or at least people seemed to be looking for a wider variety of things; Looking at the game now, it feels like the main thing being traded is rivens and for extremely high prices as well. It kinda just feels like the games market it just going to hell.

You are correct.  It's becoming increasingly popular the idea of using 3rd party sites to "price" items.  So not only are these auction houses naturally driving down prices as sellers undercut each other, but the price plummets further because even at the lowest price possible players aren't buying from the sites, but instead going into trade chat expecting and often getting the items at that already insanely low price.

To make matters worse sellers who ignore these 3rd party sites and don't just offer the lowest price open themselves up to being constantly degraded and oftentimes outright harassed.  For a personal example I had someone try to get me kicked from my clan because I gave them a price 30 plat over "market".

All that said.  It's still very possible to sell items at reasonable prices.  Especially right after a new Prime Access.  Just be prepared to face impediment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I play on the Switch where his set goes for 250-300 due to only being available once on thst platform. I could price it at 150, tbh, with those prices. But is 150 still too much even for the Switch?

nvm, your price is actually fine then. i didn't see your name tag with the NSW and i was thinking of PS4/XBOX/PC prices.

Theres just so much in this game now that you accidentally get a lot of stuff. I cant count how many times as of late that ive just looked at my foundry and been like "huh. I can make X prime now" just from farming other primes and picking any rare parts i see.

Player base is bigger than ever. Back when trading primes first happened warframe was half the player base it was today.

As a result, supply is too high and with so much stuff out there to craft there isnt as much demand forna specific item outside of meta items or new items. Of course, if its meta people will probably try and farm it more for profit bringing us back to square one more or less.

Remember when a ember prime set was like 400+ plat those were the days. for people wondering im not joking this was pre nerf before her unvaulting it was the best.

Edited by S.Dust
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, S.Dust said:

Remember when a ember prime set was like 400+ plat those were the days. for people wondering im not joking this was pre nerf before her unvaulting it was the best.

Phhhh plat is very precious.  I refuse to burn hundreds of plat.  The most i have ever burned for a whole set or god riven was 150 max.

And even then now that i have all but 2 prime frames and 2 prime weapons. And most of the ganes mods, arcanes, skins, and in general stuff.

Even as a pretty casual player. No way i am burning plat in trades with players. My plat atm is for new skins, potatoes, slots and other exclusive stuff others can't trade to begin with.

As players play it gets to a point where they get everything.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

11 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

You are correct.  It's becoming increasingly popular the idea of using 3rd party sites to "price" items.  So not only are these auction houses naturally driving down prices as sellers undercut each other, but the price plummets further because even at the lowest price possible players aren't buying from the sites, but instead going into trade chat expecting and often getting the items at that already insanely low price.

To make matters worse sellers who ignore these 3rd party sites and don't just offer the lowest price open themselves up to being constantly degraded and oftentimes outright harassed.  For a personal example I had someone try to get me kicked from my clan because I gave them a price 30 plat over "market".

All that said.  It's still very possible to sell items at reasonable prices.  Especially right after a new Prime Access.  Just be prepared to face impediment.

??? and rightly so. you are not determining the value of the commonly available item, the free market is. and if you are consciously asking for much more than actual plat value, youre defining an opportunist d*head who is exploiting people who don't know how to check/dont have time to check/are gullible enough to trust you. granted, for some people this amount will not make any difference, and convenience comes first - but that does not make you less of a d*head, since you are choosing to charge more (and you just called them 'reasonable prices', lmfao) for the same item with no real value added on top. 

I know that being a seller on an unregulated market is easier with audience which has no reference point, because you can dictate them prices as exorbitant as you wish. and that is why 3rd party tradeplaces are important for healthy growth and regulation of the economy/market, and you are not 🙂

On 2019-07-30 at 4:47 AM, tzadquiel said:

and rightly so

Are you saying I should be harassed?  You don't at all see a problem with people harassing those who give prices they don't like?

On 2019-07-30 at 4:47 AM, tzadquiel said:

you are not determining the value of the commonly available item, the free market is.

I don't think you understand the concept of a "free market".  There is no set price in a free market.  You don't get to decide what the "fair price" is and harass anyone that doesn't agree with you in a "free market".  A market where I have no control of the price I sell items for sounds "free" to you does it?

Well I don't know that you could have better illustrated my point.  To you the lowest price is the only "correct" price and people deserve to be harassed if they try to get anything beyond that.  Ultimately leading to the lowest possible price for everything.  No.  Lower prices are not "good".  Lower prices means money has more value than time.  It only means the game is more pay2win.  Look at what DE prices items at.  The developer of the game thinks time should be valuable compared to money.  Why don't you?  Why did you decide brand new players should have absolutely anything their little heart desires at the lowest cost possible, but have absolutely nothing worth selling?

• Like 1

On 2019-07-29 at 10:58 AM, S.Dust said:

When I originally started Warframe I feel like primes were worth more and the trade chat had a larger variety of things you could trade to make plat or at least people seemed to be looking for a wider variety of things; Looking at the game now, it feels like the main thing being traded is rivens and for extremely high prices as well. It kinda just feels like the games market it just going to hell.

As the game grows you have more players at the lower end desperately trying to sell things like Braton prime’s and the like. Those sets have dropped down to being worthless. Prime sets being sold for 10-20-30p.

So many people are now trying to make plat from primes that the supply outweighs the demand.

With prices so low, any demand there could be evaporates almost instantly.

Leaving, as you described, big ticket items like rivens. 

It’s strange to hear a PC player complain about this though, as this has been the case on PS4 for last year at least.

TL:DR; Supply outweighs demand, too many people need platinum for their progression or just for cosmetics, so trading “small ticket items,” like low MR Primes has become a relic of the past.

Unless you intend to get all of your plat by selling prime sets for 10-20p.

Edit: One of the most reliable ways to make platinum these days is to hold prime frame sets till their vaulted. But it’s only a matter of time before that reliable method gets over cluttered with supply too.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

Yes it’s much harder to trade for plat. A year ago I could sit in Trade Chat while doing other things and still come out with anywhere from 500-1500 plat. I could literally just farm parts in chat then sell Warframe sets for 50-175p profit each time. Now you’re lucky to get 50p profit for a prime set if it isn’t Saryn, Loki or Rhino.

These days nearly all of my plat comes from rivens. I usually sell really good rolls for no more than 500p the prices only hit thousands of plat for godly -ips rolls or godly rolls for very OP weapons such as Gram Prime. Now I make more plat in profit but it takes much longer to find buyers of course, because you’re dealing with rivens. 

• Like 1

Where I see it, the trading is about understanding the market and the skill that can be learned to form an effective trade.

On 2019-07-29 at 8:52 AM, (XB1)Alpha or Elite said:

someone needs to sharpen up their trading skills. that will help. 

It’s a matter of mindset and learning.

On 2019-07-28 at 10:58 PM, S.Dust said:

Looking at the game now, it feels like the main thing being traded is rivens and for extremely high prices as well. It kinda just feels like the games market it just going to hell.

Relics amirite? But really relics made it 10x easier to get primes. 

There are a bunch of ways to make plat, you just gotta explore it, I'll say that much

On 2019-08-01 at 5:09 AM, PatternistSlave said:

Are you saying I should be harassed?  You don't at all see a problem with people harassing those who give prices they don't like?

I am saying, hiking the prices up because of your own subjective 'judgement', is weak. I am not responsible for the treatment you got, I would just ignore you and move on to find someone fair.

I don't think you understand the concept of a "free market".  There is no set price in a free market.  You don't get to decide what the "fair price" is and harass anyone that doesn't agree with you in a "free market".  A market where I have no control of the price I sell items for sounds "free" to you does it?

I don't care what you think about me. free market means everyone is free to give price they see fit. you got undercut, and are butthurt - not my problem. 

Well I don't know that you could have better illustrated my point.  To you the lowest price is the only "correct" price and people deserve to be harassed if they try to get anything beyond that.  Ultimately leading to the lowest possible price for everything.  No.  Lower prices are not "good".  Lower prices means money has more value than time.  It only means the game is more pay2win.  Look at what DE prices items at.  The developer of the game thinks time should be valuable compared to money.  Why don't you?  Why did you decide brand new players should have absolutely anything their little heart desires at the lowest cost possible, but have absolutely nothing worth selling?

I dont think DE prices for anything are reasonable. this is irrelevant.

and from what I see, you have a false understanding of how pricing works. let me explain.
Prices are not changed when 1 or two persons start listing goods for cheaper. Market is ephemeral, meaning given item and given price comes and goes whenever given people are on- or offline. So if there is a surge in pricing, it is not because one person listed something for -40%. this item will be bought, and this price will disappear.

but if the majority of prices for a given item becomes similar and normalised (an actual trade term), that means, that you have a false understanding of the value, or need to update/optimize your manufacturing (in this scenario, acquiring) methods to stay relevant. 

frankly, i find it hilarious and amusing at the same time, that your carefully constructed in-game economical wellbeing, based purely on the fact that you can charge higher prices for items, abusing and exploiting people's ignorance, is in shambles now. tough luck and karma, tenno. 

finished with this. dont @ me bc I am not gonna read or reply.

It's supply and demand.

As the game is played for longer the number of prime parts in circulation increases (supply), the number of people looking for these prime parts also increases (demand) as new players join the game.

If the amount of prime parts in circulation increases faster the new players who want to buy them then the supply outstrips the demand, which means prices go down as people are buy less often and they have more choice over who they buy from.

With Rivens though the completely random nature of the stats means the supply of good product is constricted (unless you want to buy unrolled or 'trash' rivens and reroll them yourself), the demand however remains high.  This means the prices are kept high.

The completely random nature of the stats means that the truly godly rolls will always command a high price.  What I will say though is that prices that people are prepared to pay for Rivens are completely unrealistic.  No Riven, regardless of its stats, is worth thousands of plat.

• Like 1

The drop in price of prime items isn't because the amount of players it's because of relic system. Back in the day I remember when Ash prime's bp was 100p alone and it was because it could take days to get one to drop because of how rare it was. It was like a 2% drop on rotation C T3 defense or something. Relics are just easier to obtain and have better odds. Rivens also helped crash the market and trade chat is completely flooded with them. Words of advice never buy Rivens or prime sets from people spamming long lists of items. Check their profile and they're almost always MR8 bots all in the same clan which no real player is a part of set up by clans that charge way too much to scam newer players. Anytime you see those super long lists of rivens and prime sets block them. There are still ways to make plat without rivens or prime sets. In my opinion the best ways are Eidolons, ESO, and thumpers. You should do Eidolons whenever you can and if they aren't easy for you, you should set a goal to get the gear you need for them. ESO is over all one of the best things you can do in the game in general. It's the best place to farm focus, you get radiant relics, and you can get vandal sets worth a couple hundred plat. Thumpers are insanely easy to kill and drop rare mods. There are days I make several hundred plat from thumpers alone.

Yes trade nowadays is completely broken. You can see mainly troll players  try to sell cheap rivens at absurd prices and the only rivens you can sell are Rubico and Lanka rivens.

Rivens are a scam from the beginning, "You can make bad weapons good!", yes but you can make good weapons OP so why do people should use bad weapons? 

Riven Disposition is not free but it's piloted to make happy the market... And i still  don't understand why some weapons with 1 riven disposition as rubico can have +100% on their stats or Kohm having 5 riven disposition.

I wanted to sell some duplicate max ranked arcanes i had and i paid few months ago 50-100 and more... Now their worth is 10-20...

I want to play a fkn game i don't wanna play the "little riven reseller" game!

Even on market i have the lowest price and no sells but some troll asking for much less.

They should call this game Riven Frame or War Riven...

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1