Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good beginner warframes!!!!(please don't say valkyr)(also good beginner weapons)

mozartblows

Question

A good frame I've enjoyed since I started about 8 months ago has been Gara, gotten through Cetus. She's powerful and fantastic for any kind of defense mission, as well as easy to get in the beginning. She, by far, has the most play time for me. The farthest you actually need to get for farming for her is Ceres for Orokin Cells. 

As for weapons, the Tetra and Braton are good starter weapons, as well as the Lex and Cronus. I very much enjoy the Sybaris as well. 

well im returning to warframe after a year but i guess this info would still help you plenty

um well considering your just starting, i would aim for Rhino on Venus killing the jackal him alone can carry your through the entire solar system

weapons, the hek shotgun can also be built pretty early and boasts respectable damage

if you shell out platinum...which i would not recommend this early you can purchase Nidus which is a very solid frame aswell

I'm more or less new too. I have been playing awhile but very, very slowly. What I have learned about Warframe is that these choices are very dependent upon individual playing style. What works for me may stink for you. I started with Volt, and then farmed Rhino and leveled him to 30 for the Valkyr specter junction. I also, for that mission, picked up the Galatine sword and despite knowing it would drop after the junction fight bought a Vulkyr. I maxed both. Then, without really trying, I got all of Oberon's parts and built him. He's been a really fine frame for my playing style, because he is a nice mix of tools, IMO anyway. So I would suggest him, the Galatine and the Dex Furis. As for a primary, I use the Hek. I think you need MR 4 or so though for it...outside of the Hek and the Vulkyr I am still Searching for a primary that I really like. Those though have served me well so far. Also remember....MODS and modding are really important. Happy playing!

I feel like alot of the responses to these Types of threads are outdated.... 

In any case.... I have a better suggestion although its not as Practical....

A fantastic Beginner Warframe is Pretty Boy over here:

NEZHA

latest?cb=20151217010251

why ? Because he has something that Rhino doesn't.... Self Sustainability....Nezha can provide Energy and Health for himself with the use of his 2 and Hunter Adrenaline.

Really the biggest problem with Nezha is just getting him.... 

1) you need to be in a clan that has him researched.

2) you need access to Resources that you just aren't going to have for a long time.... now this is an issue with Rhino as well but with Rhino you only need to reach The Void but with Nezha you need to reach Saturn (theres a way to circumvent this)

So yeah... the frame itself is beginner friendly but getting him is not.... 

But there are ways aroud this issue....

Most players build Rhino just by getting Taxied to the planets that do have the resources. You can essentially just do this With Nezha as well....

If for whatever reason you can't or don't want to be Taxied... there's a way to get Nano Spores without having to reach Saturn first via the weekly Ayatan Treasure Hunts... occasionally these will take place during the derelict.... so all you have to do is keep restarting the Mission until you get the Derelict Tileset.... once you're there.... grab the Ayatan treasure first.... then farm the Nano sPorez before you exract....

Its abit complicated but Nezha is way better at the begining of the game than Rhino....

Just so we're clear.... Rhino is ultimately the better Frame but Nezha is more beneficial earlier on....

I think Rhino only over takes Nezha after The War Within quest... since that's when Spoiler Mode upgrades start making all the Meta Frames alot more Spammy with Abilities....

As for weapons.... well if you're in a clan then check out the Weapons in your Clans Dojo.... you can't really go wrong with most of them.... but il have to look at each one for myself....

1 hour ago, (PS4)jester_of_clubz said:

I didn't taxi anywhere fo Rhino. So...

Nice pic though.

Then you simply didn't build him as soon as most other players did....

Normally after players get the Rhino Blueprints they then realise they have no way of building him for a pretty long time.... hence some of them gett Taxied to the void to get Control modules and uranus for plastids... which I feel like DE should change....

You shouldn't be able to aquire the Blue Prints of anything you haven't unlocked resources locations to build it....

Not only will this allow people to build Rhino Sooner but it would stop people from accidentally selling important blueprints such as Chroma's Components and Gara's main Blueprint.... in b4 "Just Buy it From Semaris" ....

Rhino, Frost, Nezha are relatively easy to get and go a long way. 

They all have decent means to absorb damage, have CC potential , provide damage and can give support to the squad. 

Weapons would be Hek, lex, orthos. Though if you can build a zaw or kitgun that would be a better option for melee or Secondaries. 

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Then you simply didn't build him as soon as most other players did....

Normally after players get the Rhino Blueprints they then realise they have no way of building him for a pretty long time.... hence some of them gett Taxied to the void to get Control modules and uranus for plastids... which I feel like DE should change....

You shouldn't be able to aquire the Blue Prints of anything you haven't unlocked resources locations to build it....

Not only will this allow people to build Rhino Sooner but it would stop people from accidentally selling important blueprints such as Chroma's Components and Gara's main Blueprint.... in b4 "Just Buy it From Semaris" ....

When I was a wee noob, I actually ran Darvo's "Man of Few Words" quest to farm plastids, since it takes place on Saturn but you don't have to have reached Saturn to do it. Same goes for the Void and Maroo's weeklies. I would suggest doing the same to build Rhino if you can't get a taxi. He's an excellent newbie frame due to the survivability given by Iron Skin, and Roar remains one of the best damage buffs in the late game.

As for weapons, the Hek is a popular shotgun at MR4. If you are part of a clan that has their research done, the Scourge is now a late-game viable weapon that's available at MR6. For secondaries and melees, a Catchmoon-Lovetap-Slap kitgun and a Dokrahm-Shtung-Jai zaw will outperform anything else available to you until you rank up and get access to better kitgun and zaw parts

Edited by pebblepossum

2 hours ago, pebblepossum said:

When I was a wee noob, I actually ran Darvo's "Man of Few Words" quest to farm plastids, since it takes place on Saturn but you don't have to have reached Saturn to do it. Same goes for the Void and Maroo's weeklies. 

Wait... hang on.... don't you need to reach Neptune to do that quest ? I remember aquiring the quest from Darvo and then not being able to do it until reaching neptune and being annoyed about it...

2 hours ago, pebblepossum said:

He's an excellent newbie frame due to the survivability given by Iron Skin, and Roar remains one of the best damage buffs in the late game.

I just don't have as much faith in rhino as everyone else....

Iron Skin falls off too easily even later on when he's properly buillt... and the damage you get from Roar using Just Intenify is really lacking.... it becomes strong later on with Blind Rage and Growing Power but I feel like Tossing Nezha's ring was more effective.... that plus Rhino us freaking energy hog....

42 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Wait... hang on.... don't you need to reach Neptune to do that quest ? I remember aquiring the quest from Darvo and then not being able to do it until reaching neptune and being annoyed about it...

Not to my knowledge. Make it your active quest and then access it through the corner drop-down menu of the Navigation screen. It should work, though it's possible they may have changed that recently,

Also, I checked the wiki and we're both wrong about the planet, it takes place on Uranus (which still has plastids)

42 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I just don't have as much faith in rhino as everyone else....

Iron Skin falls off too easily even later on when he's properly buillt... and the damage you get from Roar using Just Intenify is really lacking.... it becomes strong later on with Blind Rage and Growing Power but I feel like Tossing Nezha's ring was more effective.... that plus Rhino us freaking energy hog....

True, he's not as good a tank as, say, Inaros, but Iron Skin is perfectly adequate for clearing map nodes and making early progress. I used to run high Index with a 0-forma, no-catalyst base Rhino and had no real problems with survivability. The Ironclad Charge augment also helps add a lot of extra Iron Skin health, as it double-dips on ability strength.

Don't forget that the Roar buff is multiplicative, so even a 50% Roar adds a considerable amount of damage. I still main Rhino Prime now and my Roar buff is up to 135%. It gets even better with DoT status procs as they will double-dip on the buff.

1 minute ago, pebblepossum said:

Not to my knowledge. Make it your active quest and then access it through the corner drop-down menu of the Navigation screen. It should work, though it's possible they may have changed that recently,

I did.... I wants my to investage a mission.... on Neptune....or Uranus.... it was one of those two.

4 minutes ago, pebblepossum said:

Also, I checked the wiki and we're both wrong about the planet, it takes place on Uranus (which still has plastids)

Doesn't Phobos have Plastids too ?

5 minutes ago, pebblepossum said:

True, he's not as good a tank as, say, Inaros, but Iron Skin is perfectly adequate for clearing map nodes and making early progress

Halo works just aswell.... but Rhino has the advantage in Index hands down and since Credits are crucial so early in the game.... I honestly would pick Rhino just for that reason alone....

8 minutes ago, pebblepossum said:

Don't forget that the Roar buff is multiplicative, so even a 50% Roar adds a considerable amount of damage.

I don't know how it works.... I just know it needs more than intensify for it to be worth while....

9 minutes ago, pebblepossum said:

It gets even better with DoT status procs as they will double-dip on the buff.

And that would be great....but Status Mods are surprisingly hard to come by early on.... Corrupted Vor has the most important ones and those are tuckes away all the back in Sedna.... luckily they pretty cheap in Trade Chat.... so cheap I can't sell any without someone giving them away for free first. 

Boltor is a great starter weapon, its very powerful and with the correct mods can blaze through lvl 20+ levels, but if you have a clan, ignis(wraith if your clan has it) is probably your best choice

As for secondary, seer is one of the best secondary for beginners, just kill vor a bunch of times and have someone help you grind 2 orokin cells

For weapons, Hek, Guandao, and Atomos will take you through the entire star chart assuming you get mods along the way.  Hek & Guandao are MR4, and Atomos is MR5 I believe.  Until MR4-5, buy a Braton with creds and use code FREESWORD (if it's still active) to get a free Heat Sword that has a catalyst included to get you through til then.

For starter frames, there is Rhino and then there's everybody else lol

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Valkyr.

Rhino is good too, but I consider him too strong/easy for new players. You might have a hard facing higher level content with other frames if you get too used to him.

literally in the tittle "don't say valkyr" people just say it anyway but ok 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

For weapons, Hek, Guandao, and Atomos will take you through the entire star chart assuming you get mods along the way.  Hek & Guandao are MR4, and Atomos is MR5 I believe.  Until MR4-5, buy a Braton with creds and use code FREESWORD (if it's still active) to get a free Heat Sword that has a catalyst included to get you through til then.

For starter frames, there is Rhino and then there's everybody else lol

freesword doesn't work unfortunately my brother recomended the hek but thx