Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mozartblows

Good beginner warframes!!!!(please don't say valkyr)(also good beginner weapons)

Question

Soo i was playing on ps4 and i want to get good beginner weapons and frames can anyone tell me what i should get

Valkyr.

Rhino is good too, but I consider him too strong/easy for new players. You might have a hard facing higher level content with other frames if you get too used to him.

Frames: 

Nezha/Rhino: Tank, everything. Nezha is super easy to build. 

Ivara/Limbo/Loki: Stealth, Spy...

Frost/Limbo: Defence, mob. Defence

Those will carry u through Starchart, Nezha is a good generalist.

Weapons:

Sonicor: easy to build, super usefull, low MR, CC, good enough for Starchart.

Atomos: amazing, DPS, low MR,... 

Rhino was a hefty favorite for me after running Volt for a good while but wanting a more "up front" fighter. Just remember, shields are static. All your resistances and damage reductions are NOT applicable to them. 

Build his abilities up, run Iron Skin constantly, and if you can get a hold of one, the Adaptation mod is your best friend with any build to increase survivability. 

If you're one to have bought booster packs / have platinum, Nidus is my current main and he's viable up to and including end game content with the proper builds. 

I think the Hek was alright

That was the primary I used wayyyyyy back when I started. Braton Prime is also pretty neat.

Secondary I think I went with the lex and also got the prime. Uhhh then I wen't with the vaykor marelok when I had a high enough MR to afford it. 

Id say probs try out some guns to rank your MR and if you find some pretty interesting and whom fit your playstyle kinda treat em to a lil forma n such.  

1 hour ago, -Krux- said:

Beginner frame: Ash

Beginner gun: Boltor

go for it, trust me

But.... how is he/she going to get Ash ?

Excalibur, frost or rhino. Well don't worry about warframes that much. Just go on modding and levelling up your starter warframe.

I recommend using excalibur as his 4th ability is the best melee ability and he is a well-around warframe. Excalibur can be easy to get used to.

It depends on your playstyle which weapons you like, Like I like melee style so I mostly use melee weapons.But some common recommends are Skana is a good melee and Boltor is an amazing rifle. (When you unlock Ceres you might wanna make Orthos Prime its a really good melee I use it.)

😉Cya,

I’d say Gara, Oberon, and Excalibur.

With those three you can cover most anything the game has to offer and find a nice spot on any team.

Gara: great for defense, tanking, support, damage, you can bring her in any mission and she will probably be able to get the job done (except maybe spy). 

Oberon: strong support/tank, can do some nice damage and debuff enemies, will help later if you ever get into eidolon hunts (that’s not until after you complete The War Within, though, so you have a while)

Val- I mean Excalibur: Good for damage, and his radial blind will get you through some of the tougher junctions and a few spy missions.

For weapons:

Dread is a great bow, Hek is fantastic if you put some time into it, and the boltor is a solid automatic rifle.

Furis is a nice tool if you can get the augment, Lex/aklex I’ve heard is a good starter, and Lex Prime is a good thing to start prepping for.

Galatine was my go to for ages. Bo is a good weapon to have. You can upgrade it to Tipedo later, and you can upgrade that to Lesion. And Nikana is a good investment since it goes into Dragon Nikana. Yeah. 

I’m curious why you don’t want Valkyr. She’s pretty good for a beginner. But you didn’t hear that from me.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Valkyr.

Rhino is good too, but I consider him too strong/easy for new players. You might have a hard facing higher level content with other frames if you get too used to him.

literally in the tittle "don't say valkyr" people just say it anyway but ok 

Am an MR5 and currently running with Rhino. His stomp ability is rad and iron skin is where his tank comes from. The thing is he's very tanky which can bring out overconfidence. Try and play him as if you want to hold onto as much iron skin reserve as possible in a mission by taking cover and rolling/moving. Apparently further into the game he loses that tankiness (likely due to no particular resistances with the frame itself).

My favorite weapons are Hek and Lex. Galatine is a great room sweeper, but I also like Anku and Gazal Machete.

excalibur is a well rounded and strong frame to use. you get him by defeating lich kril on mars. i'm partial to the boltor and lex prime as guns. gundao or dark sword are good weapons. 

Other than the 3 starter frames, I would recommend either Frost or Rhino.. theyre fairly well rounded and sturdy and will last you through most missions.

hace 6 horas, (PS4)armadureton dijo:

Hi, Mozartbalows, one of the warframes that I always recommend is scalibur since it is a balanced warframe in terms of statistics.  His abilities are mainly of damage, therefore it is a warframe that is capable of doing ideal damage, for murders or extermination.  Now if you are looking for a tank warframe the most recommended is Rhino since thanks to its iron skin ability it is able to easily withstand the shots of the enemies, one of its most interesting statistics is its armor since it has a very good armor,  Apart from all this it is also a warframe that manages to make control thanks to the stomping ability.  If you are looking for a versatile warframe I also recommend frost since it is a warframe that serves any mission and highly recommended for Defense missions because thanks to its snow shield it blocks incoming shots, it is also a warframe that offers control, it is capable of  freeze enemies.

A good frame I've enjoyed since I started about 8 months ago has been Gara, gotten through Cetus. She's powerful and fantastic for any kind of defense mission, as well as easy to get in the beginning. She, by far, has the most play time for me. The farthest you actually need to get for farming for her is Ceres for Orokin Cells. 

As for weapons, the Tetra and Braton are good starter weapons, as well as the Lex and Cronus. I very much enjoy the Sybaris as well. 

well im returning to warframe after a year but i guess this info would still help you plenty

um well considering your just starting, i would aim for Rhino on Venus killing the jackal him alone can carry your through the entire solar system

weapons, the hek shotgun can also be built pretty early and boasts respectable damage

if you shell out platinum...which i would not recommend this early you can purchase Nidus which is a very solid frame aswell

25 minutes ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

For weapons, Hek, Guandao, and Atomos will take you through the entire star chart assuming you get mods along the way.  Hek & Guandao are MR4, and Atomos is MR5 I believe.  Until MR4-5, buy a Braton with creds and use code FREESWORD (if it's still active) to get a free Heat Sword that has a catalyst included to get you through til then.

For starter frames, there is Rhino and then there's everybody else lol

freesword doesn't work unfortunately my brother recomended the hek but thx

4 minutes ago, mozartblows said:

literally in the tittle "don't say valkyr" people just say it anyway but ok 

I had too. I was tempted.

And she was the first frame I built. Great times.

Beginner friendly frames? 

Excal with mk1 guns will take you to Sedna if you focus on upgrading the basic mods (serration, point blank, basic 90% elementals) 

After that you'll have access to most content (and decent weps) and are able to farm anything you might want. 

Cheers 

42 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Wait... hang on.... don't you need to reach Neptune to do that quest ? I remember aquiring the quest from Darvo and then not being able to do it until reaching neptune and being annoyed about it...

Not to my knowledge. Make it your active quest and then access it through the corner drop-down menu of the Navigation screen. It should work, though it's possible they may have changed that recently,

Also, I checked the wiki and we're both wrong about the planet, it takes place on Uranus (which still has plastids)

42 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I just don't have as much faith in rhino as everyone else....

Iron Skin falls off too easily even later on when he's properly buillt... and the damage you get from Roar using Just Intenify is really lacking.... it becomes strong later on with Blind Rage and Growing Power but I feel like Tossing Nezha's ring was more effective.... that plus Rhino us freaking energy hog....

True, he's not as good a tank as, say, Inaros, but Iron Skin is perfectly adequate for clearing map nodes and making early progress. I used to run high Index with a 0-forma, no-catalyst base Rhino and had no real problems with survivability. The Ironclad Charge augment also helps add a lot of extra Iron Skin health, as it double-dips on ability strength.

Don't forget that the Roar buff is multiplicative, so even a 50% Roar adds a considerable amount of damage. I still main Rhino Prime now and my Roar buff is up to 135%. It gets even better with DoT status procs as they will double-dip on the buff.

12 hours ago, VengefulSins said:

well im returning to warframe after a year but i guess this info would still help you plenty

um well considering your just starting, i would aim for Rhino on Venus killing the jackal him alone can carry your through the entire solar system

weapons, the hek shotgun can also be built pretty early and boasts respectable damage

if you shell out platinum...which i would not recommend this early you can purchase Nidus which is a very solid frame aswell

i've done that

yet after 80 tries i never got it

Rhino, Frost, Nezha are relatively easy to get and go a long way. 

They all have decent means to absorb damage, have CC potential , provide damage and can give support to the squad. 

Weapons would be Hek, lex, orthos. Though if you can build a zaw or kitgun that would be a better option for melee or Secondaries. 

On 2019-07-29 at 12:38 AM, Lutesque said:

You shouldn't be able to aquire the Blue Prints of anything you haven't unlocked resources locations to build it....

AMEN!!!!

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Then you simply didn't build him as soon as most other players did....

Normally after players get the Rhino Blueprints they then realise they have no way of building him for a pretty long time.... hence some of them gett Taxied to the void to get Control modules and uranus for plastids... which I feel like DE should change....

You shouldn't be able to aquire the Blue Prints of anything you haven't unlocked resources locations to build it....

Not only will this allow people to build Rhino Sooner but it would stop people from accidentally selling important blueprints such as Chroma's Components and Gara's main Blueprint.... in b4 "Just Buy it From Semaris" ....

When I was a wee noob, I actually ran Darvo's "Man of Few Words" quest to farm plastids, since it takes place on Saturn but you don't have to have reached Saturn to do it. Same goes for the Void and Maroo's weeklies. I would suggest doing the same to build Rhino if you can't get a taxi. He's an excellent newbie frame due to the survivability given by Iron Skin, and Roar remains one of the best damage buffs in the late game.

As for weapons, the Hek is a popular shotgun at MR4. If you are part of a clan that has their research done, the Scourge is now a late-game viable weapon that's available at MR6. For secondaries and melees, a Catchmoon-Lovetap-Slap kitgun and a Dokrahm-Shtung-Jai zaw will outperform anything else available to you until you rank up and get access to better kitgun and zaw parts

1 minute ago, pebblepossum said:

Not to my knowledge. Make it your active quest and then access it through the corner drop-down menu of the Navigation screen. It should work, though it's possible they may have changed that recently,

I did.... I wants my to investage a mission.... on Neptune....or Uranus.... it was one of those two.

4 minutes ago, pebblepossum said:

Also, I checked the wiki and we're both wrong about the planet, it takes place on Uranus (which still has plastids)

Doesn't Phobos have Plastids too ?

5 minutes ago, pebblepossum said:

True, he's not as good a tank as, say, Inaros, but Iron Skin is perfectly adequate for clearing map nodes and making early progress

Halo works just aswell.... but Rhino has the advantage in Index hands down and since Credits are crucial so early in the game.... I honestly would pick Rhino just for that reason alone....

8 minutes ago, pebblepossum said:

Don't forget that the Roar buff is multiplicative, so even a 50% Roar adds a considerable amount of damage.

I don't know how it works.... I just know it needs more than intensify for it to be worth while....

9 minutes ago, pebblepossum said:

It gets even better with DoT status procs as they will double-dip on the buff.

And that would be great....but Status Mods are surprisingly hard to come by early on.... Corrupted Vor has the most important ones and those are tuckes away all the back in Sedna.... luckily they pretty cheap in Trade Chat.... so cheap I can't sell any without someone giving them away for free first. 

5 hours ago, MPonder said:

Excalibur, isn't it 30 PL on Market, just buy it, pretty worth. A warframe slot and orokin catalyst = 40 PL. His a little tank with 300 armor on star chart most missions. His exalted weapon, like all I think, has a Orokin reactor, so already a 60 capacity weapon, and it is a pretty good exalted weapon.

Theres so many things wrong with this Comment....