Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mozartblows

Good beginner warframes!!!!(please don't say valkyr)(also good beginner weapons)

Question

Soo i was playing on ps4 and i want to get good beginner weapons and frames can anyone tell me what i should get

I'm new as well.  I chose Mag as my beginner.  I was given a bunch.  

To be honest Exaclibur is really well rounded.  Mag takes some getting useful.  

I threw some money at the game and bought Wisp and she is truly fantastic.

Powers.

Passive: Phased.  Being invisible in the air and jumping is very powerful. And it can get you out of trouble and difficult areas with ease.

1)  Very versatile.  At level 10 you can drop 3 different motes (6 total).  But the starting health mote is good enough to get you to level 10 fast.  Then the speed and the electricity motes are indispensable.  Shock motes on chose points keeps everything away from defense targets.

2: will allow you mobility and act as a decoy.  The teleport gets you where you need to be at both motes and out lf bad situation.  Mainly against AOE users.

3: That that CC is nice and can be cast with the number 2 to make a wider CC area.

4: Sol Gate.   Is great when in your motes.  That thing can really ramp damage.   With efficient mods and energy I can melt an area.

Other than that I have become addicted to Zephyr. Dont know why.  But I woudnt recommend her for super new people.

for melee i'd recommend the Guandao - need a clan that has it researched though. Used that one a LONG time. 

Also i'd back up Rhino - he's... really good.

I don't know why, but I don't have the love for Rhino everyone seems to have. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I started with Excalibur, got it to 30, along the way got the Rhino parts and got him built, I've got him up to 30 also, and he just dies a lot more than Excalibur. I don't change my playstyle between the two, I'm not good at dodging and jumping and bullet aiming and the like, so thought Rhino's tankiness would carry me further than Excalibur, but it just doesn't seem to. Not to mention, Exalted Blade at 30 on Excalibur just makes everything die. I'm up to MR 5 now and would be back to Excalibur if I hadn't just managed to build Oberon.

On 2019-07-29 at 1:46 PM, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Valkyr.

Rhino is good too, but I consider him too strong/easy for new players. You might have a hard facing higher level content with other frames if you get too used to him.

Especially if they are trying to abuse his sturdiness, to make up for their weaknesses. (And what newbs don't have significant weaknesses?) But at the same time he's a good all rounder and will let newbs clear nodes, and last a little longer while farming the resources they need to build everyone else. 

I figure that forewarned is forearmed, and just mention that they have to be careful not to become dependent on him. 

I'm more or less new too. I have been playing awhile but very, very slowly. What I have learned about Warframe is that these choices are very dependent upon individual playing style. What works for me may stink for you. I started with Volt, and then farmed Rhino and leveled him to 30 for the Valkyr specter junction. I also, for that mission, picked up the Galatine sword and despite knowing it would drop after the junction fight bought a Vulkyr. I maxed both. Then, without really trying, I got all of Oberon's parts and built him. He's been a really fine frame for my playing style, because he is a nice mix of tools, IMO anyway. So I would suggest him, the Galatine and the Dex Furis. As for a primary, I use the Hek. I think you need MR 4 or so though for it...outside of the Hek and the Vulkyr I am still Searching for a primary that I really like. Those though have served me well so far. Also remember....MODS and modding are really important. Happy playing!

15 hours ago, mozartblows said:

Soo i was playing on ps4 and i want to get good beginner weapons and frames can anyone tell me what i should get

Excalibur, isn't it 30 PL on Market, just buy it, pretty worth. A warframe slot and orokin catalyst = 40 PL. His a little tank with 300 armor on star chart most missions. His exalted weapon, like all I think, has a Orokin reactor, so already a 60 capacity weapon, and it is a pretty good exalted weapon.

nekros or hydroid for more loot is very good for beginners to accumulate matz ez. 

kohm is an automatic shotgun at mr5 it is slash and status weapon that works well with nekros. 

Frost, Excalibur, and Rhino are great 
all frames you can bring to pretty much any mission and do well once you get em modded up

Hello there, since every1 has its own opinion , some are alike , here are "my" 2 cents.

Every frame has its own unique kit, some are extremely good at certain things, some are good at other.
I would recommend you to get a Nova. One of the toughest frames to master, but once mastered - everything else in this game would be a breeze for you.
A Guandao or a Zaw and a Kit gun or even two !
Ignis is a great weapon specially the "Wraith" that You wont be disappointed ever. Tho try to keep at least 1 of each type bow/shotgun/sniper/etc. Cuz You may need it for a sortie.

Complete every "Quest" possible. Completely every Junction. Open every mission. Collect every frame and archwing possible, try a lot of weapons 🙂

Since I havent played from years and I just came back to the game, I've been focused on doing the daily standings via bounties @ Fortuna and Cetus. Dont forget for the bounties @ Night in Cetus, to at farm teralysts so You can have ur "Amp" standings going as well.

Few others frames to mention :
Rhino - best overall tanky frame that requires no effort to play.
Saryn - extremely good at ESO
Trinity - energy vampire / bless [75% dmg reduction buff] - one of the easiest supports to play
Limbo/Khora - excels at def/mobile def/excavation missions especially. If theres no Corpus involved !
Loki / Ash / Ivara - assassination / rescue / spy missions.
Ember - one of the best at low level /under 50/ extermination missions.
Mesa - best frame for bounties overall.

There are many other that could be mentioned, but for starting I think its enough. Game is not easy to learn and progress thru, may come heavy on the wallet at some point as well, especially if u hate "grinding" as an Asian xD

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Theres so many things wrong with this Comment....

When I started the game, my cousin gifted me Excalibur, saying it was 30PL and it was horrible farm it anyway. Dunno if the prize changed or he didn't tell me the real price because I said I didn't want to be spoon fed in the beginning. If it was 30PL, would be worth because every warframe on market bought come with a free warframe slot and catalyst on = 40PL. Didn't think I had to recheck the price of it. And I did start with a 50PL, dunno if it is like this yet for every new account.

Sorry,  armor is 225 forgot,

I dunno the starter Warframes now, for me, it was volt, Excalibur and maybe Mag. I got Volt first, But excalibur armor was decent for me in everything, but void on star chart. Since he has a bit more armor, armor mods are ok on him in the start. For Void missions, I used to farm Specters recipe, then craft some Volt specters, went to a no end room and put the specter on hold in the door, the specter always shield, so I didn't take damage while I was with excalibur justs meleeing everybody from safety.

I don't like to recommend Rhino, it is a grind game, it is not just about surviving, killing stuff fast is good too to get MR fast, and Excalibur exalted is pretty good for that.

9 hours ago, RunningChaos said:

Nezha. Free from a dojo. Can do EVERYTHING in Warframe. If you say he can't do Spy missions. Get good. I really don't understand why poeple don't play him more.

With the Chakram he's pretty Good For Spy.... the only issue with Nezha is situations where enemies are invulnerable but as long as he's in a group of any kind then Nezha is Bae !!!!

I guess people don't use him because he's so pretty it makes them Feel Self Conscious.....

Boltor is a great starter weapon, its very powerful and with the correct mods can blaze through lvl 20+ levels, but if you have a clan, ignis(wraith if your clan has it) is probably your best choice

As for secondary, seer is one of the best secondary for beginners, just kill vor a bunch of times and have someone help you grind 2 orokin cells

On 2019-07-29 at 6:21 AM, mozartblows said:

Saryn/Saryn Prime for AoE

Mesa/Mesa Prime for everything in front of you

Rhino/Rhino Prime for tank DPS

Wukong/Wukong Prime for passive damage

Frost/Prime for all-rounder stats

Volt/ Volt prime for AoE and DPS

Khora for AoE

I feel like alot of the responses to these Types of threads are outdated.... 

In any case.... I have a better suggestion although its not as Practical....

A fantastic Beginner Warframe is Pretty Boy over here:

NEZHA

latest?cb=20151217010251

why ? Because he has something that Rhino doesn't.... Self Sustainability....Nezha can provide Energy and Health for himself with the use of his 2 and Hunter Adrenaline.

Really the biggest problem with Nezha is just getting him.... 

1) you need to be in a clan that has him researched.

2) you need access to Resources that you just aren't going to have for a long time.... now this is an issue with Rhino as well but with Rhino you only need to reach The Void but with Nezha you need to reach Saturn (theres a way to circumvent this)

So yeah... the frame itself is beginner friendly but getting him is not.... 

But there are ways aroud this issue....

Most players build Rhino just by getting Taxied to the planets that do have the resources. You can essentially just do this With Nezha as well....

If for whatever reason you can't or don't want to be Taxied... there's a way to get Nano Spores without having to reach Saturn first via the weekly Ayatan Treasure Hunts... occasionally these will take place during the derelict.... so all you have to do is keep restarting the Mission until you get the Derelict Tileset.... once you're there.... grab the Ayatan treasure first.... then farm the Nano sPorez before you exract....

Its abit complicated but Nezha is way better at the begining of the game than Rhino....

Just so we're clear.... Rhino is ultimately the better Frame but Nezha is more beneficial earlier on....

I think Rhino only over takes Nezha after The War Within quest... since that's when Spoiler Mode upgrades start making all the Meta Frames alot more Spammy with Abilities....

As for weapons.... well if you're in a clan then check out the Weapons in your Clans Dojo.... you can't really go wrong with most of them.... but il have to look at each one for myself....

Rhino for a frame that isn't a starter. Focus on his iron skin ability.

Lex and serro are both low mastery and pack a punch.

59 minutes ago, MSEP1 said:

I’d say Gara, Oberon, and Excalibur.

With those three you can cover most anything the game has to offer and find a nice spot on any team.

Gara: great for defense, tanking, support, damage, you can bring her in any mission and she will probably be able to get the job done (except maybe spy). 

Oberon: strong support/tank, can do some nice damage and debuff enemies, will help later if you ever get into eidolon hunts (that’s not until after you complete The War Within, though, so you have a while)

Val- I mean Excalibur: Good for damage, and his radial blind will get you through some of the tougher junctions and a few spy missions.

For weapons:

Dread is a great bow, Hek is fantastic if you put some time into it, and the boltor is a solid automatic rifle.

Furis is a nice tool if you can get the augment, Lex/aklex I’ve heard is a good starter, and Lex Prime is a good thing to start prepping for.

Galatine was my go to for ages. Bo is a good weapon to have. You can upgrade it to Tipedo later, and you can upgrade that to Lesion. And Nikana is a good investment since it goes into Dragon Nikana. Yeah. 

I’m curious why you don’t want Valkyr. She’s pretty good for a beginner. But you didn’t hear that from me.

i don't want valkyr bc i already had her and she didn't fit my style

I would say Frost or Nova.  Frost has the snow globe which can give you a quick escape from being overrun.  I like the stradavar and akjagara's (sp?) dual hand guns.  I have a pair (although prime) that can cut through just about anything.  Stradavar with speed trigger, split chamber, fast hands serration, vigilante armaments and point strike is very lethal. Both weapons blue prints can be bought through the market for credit and not plat unless you want to buy it complete.  Nova can give you a little area damage with her what I call highest ability by making all the enemies little bombs when you shoot them.  It also slows them down similar to the snow globe. Which like frost can be useful if you need to beat a hasty retreat.

Mind you I have only been playing for about 5 months, but this has gotten me through missions with ease.

On 2019-07-29 at 1:31 AM, Yogfan14 said:

A good frame I've enjoyed since I started about 8 months ago has been Gara, gotten through Cetus. She's powerful and fantastic for any kind of defense mission, as well as easy to get in the beginning. She, by far, has the most play time for me. The farthest you actually need to get for farming for her is Ceres for Orokin Cells. 

As for weapons, the Tetra and Braton are good starter weapons, as well as the Lex and Cronus. I very much enjoy the Sybaris as well. 

Yeah I agree, i dont have much experience but Gara was my second frame. She is awesome in my opinion, but takes a little time to craft if you do it the normal way

If you keep playing, you'll eventually come upon the quest "The sacrifice" and the reward for completing it is the Excalibur Umbra. It's like excalibur, but better.

24 minutes ago, MPonder said:

I don't like to recommend Rhino, it is a grind game, it is not just about surviving, killing stuff fast is good too to get MR fast, and Excalibur exalted is pretty good for that

I don't like to Recommend Rhino either.... but its mostly because early on his only trick is Iron Skin.... once you unlock Spoiler Mode he is a Solid Option for getting lots of Kills.... especially if you run around with the Ignis Wraith META....

I wish Trinity was one of The Starters.... 

A friend bought her for me when I started Warframe....

With a pole arm and the Link Augment she can be pretty good ..