Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good beginner warframes!!!!(please don't say valkyr)(also good beginner weapons)

mozartblows

Question

12 hours ago, VengefulSins said:

well im returning to warframe after a year but i guess this info would still help you plenty

um well considering your just starting, i would aim for Rhino on Venus killing the jackal him alone can carry your through the entire solar system

weapons, the hek shotgun can also be built pretty early and boasts respectable damage

if you shell out platinum...which i would not recommend this early you can purchase Nidus which is a very solid frame aswell

i've done that

yet after 80 tries i never got it

Rhino is VERY good in my opinion! I'd highly suggest getting him, as his Iron Skin ability helps you get through really tough situations. He may not be a huge offensive force early on when you can't afford all the fancy mods, but his survivability REALLY helps. As for weapons, I really enjoy the Hek, Boltor, and the Braton for early-on weaponry. However, I'd suggest just opening the marketplace, going to primary weapons, and grabbing whatever weapon blueprint you think looks snazzy 🙂

1 hour ago, mozartblows said:

literally in the tittle "don't say valkyr" people just say it anyway but ok 

It's part of the great Valkyr conspiracy where we all spam Valkyr so the devs have to rework the frame due to the influx of people using it.

It has nothing to do with your title, i promise.

15 hours ago, mozartblows said:

Soo i was playing on ps4 and i want to get good beginner weapons and frames can anyone tell me what i should get

Excalibur, isn't it 30 PL on Market, just buy it, pretty worth. A warframe slot and orokin catalyst = 40 PL. His a little tank with 300 armor on star chart most missions. His exalted weapon, like all I think, has a Orokin reactor, so already a 60 capacity weapon, and it is a pretty good exalted weapon.

I would say Frost or Nova.  Frost has the snow globe which can give you a quick escape from being overrun.  I like the stradavar and akjagara's (sp?) dual hand guns.  I have a pair (although prime) that can cut through just about anything.  Stradavar with speed trigger, split chamber, fast hands serration, vigilante armaments and point strike is very lethal. Both weapons blue prints can be bought through the market for credit and not plat unless you want to buy it complete.  Nova can give you a little area damage with her what I call highest ability by making all the enemies little bombs when you shoot them.  It also slows them down similar to the snow globe. Which like frost can be useful if you need to beat a hasty retreat.

Mind you I have only been playing for about 5 months, but this has gotten me through missions with ease.

Edited by (XB1)Movarias67

I consider the best warframe for beginners and not only for them is Excalibur. It's a warframe for all cases and for all the mission types.
Make a build for power and shields because his Exalted Blade is enough good for Survival/Exterminate/Assassination mission types. With upgraded power and with upgraded blade you can do what you want 🙂
Needed build you may find in the internet (YouTube)

Frost is i feel is an excellent frame for beginners in my opinion, hes not hard to get and is very versatile especially if you are getting swamped or need to defend a point. He can also help your team mates as well and he can be a god send when it comes to those higher tier sortie defense missions. 

I still use him in nearly all missions but weaning my self to other frames untill i get frustrated. 

I’d say Gara, Oberon, and Excalibur.

With those three you can cover most anything the game has to offer and find a nice spot on any team.

Gara: great for defense, tanking, support, damage, you can bring her in any mission and she will probably be able to get the job done (except maybe spy). 

Oberon: strong support/tank, can do some nice damage and debuff enemies, will help later if you ever get into eidolon hunts (that’s not until after you complete The War Within, though, so you have a while)

Val- I mean Excalibur: Good for damage, and his radial blind will get you through some of the tougher junctions and a few spy missions.

For weapons:

Dread is a great bow, Hek is fantastic if you put some time into it, and the boltor is a solid automatic rifle.

Furis is a nice tool if you can get the augment, Lex/aklex I’ve heard is a good starter, and Lex Prime is a good thing to start prepping for.

Galatine was my go to for ages. Bo is a good weapon to have. You can upgrade it to Tipedo later, and you can upgrade that to Lesion. And Nikana is a good investment since it goes into Dragon Nikana. Yeah. 

I’m curious why you don’t want Valkyr. She’s pretty good for a beginner. But you didn’t hear that from me.

59 minutes ago, MSEP1 said:

I’d say Gara, Oberon, and Excalibur.

With those three you can cover most anything the game has to offer and find a nice spot on any team.

Gara: great for defense, tanking, support, damage, you can bring her in any mission and she will probably be able to get the job done (except maybe spy). 

Oberon: strong support/tank, can do some nice damage and debuff enemies, will help later if you ever get into eidolon hunts (that’s not until after you complete The War Within, though, so you have a while)

Val- I mean Excalibur: Good for damage, and his radial blind will get you through some of the tougher junctions and a few spy missions.

For weapons:

Dread is a great bow, Hek is fantastic if you put some time into it, and the boltor is a solid automatic rifle.

Furis is a nice tool if you can get the augment, Lex/aklex I’ve heard is a good starter, and Lex Prime is a good thing to start prepping for.

Galatine was my go to for ages. Bo is a good weapon to have. You can upgrade it to Tipedo later, and you can upgrade that to Lesion. And Nikana is a good investment since it goes into Dragon Nikana. Yeah. 

I’m curious why you don’t want Valkyr. She’s pretty good for a beginner. But you didn’t hear that from me.

i don't want valkyr bc i already had her and she didn't fit my style

5 hours ago, MPonder said:

Excalibur, isn't it 30 PL on Market, just buy it, pretty worth. A warframe slot and orokin catalyst = 40 PL. His a little tank with 300 armor on star chart most missions. His exalted weapon, like all I think, has a Orokin reactor, so already a 60 capacity weapon, and it is a pretty good exalted weapon.

Theres so many things wrong with this Comment....

• Like 1

if you want to piggy back on some people playing timed games, or def missions then

nova with overextended (neg pwr str) will make anyone playing a def mission with you very happy. If you use (nova) with positive pwr str then she'll help you cheese pretty much any interception (or any "run-out-the-clock") mission on the star chart as long as it's not a huge map like the ones on pluto (i think)  

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Theres so many things wrong with this Comment....

When I started the game, my cousin gifted me Excalibur, saying it was 30PL and it was horrible farm it anyway. Dunno if the prize changed or he didn't tell me the real price because I said I didn't want to be spoon fed in the beginning. If it was 30PL, would be worth because every warframe on market bought come with a free warframe slot and catalyst on = 40PL. Didn't think I had to recheck the price of it. And I did start with a 50PL, dunno if it is like this yet for every new account.

Sorry,  armor is 225 forgot,

I dunno the starter Warframes now, for me, it was volt, Excalibur and maybe Mag. I got Volt first, But excalibur armor was decent for me in everything, but void on star chart. Since he has a bit more armor, armor mods are ok on him in the start. For Void missions, I used to farm Specters recipe, then craft some Volt specters, went to a no end room and put the specter on hold in the door, the specter always shield, so I didn't take damage while I was with excalibur justs meleeing everybody from safety.

I don't like to recommend Rhino, it is a grind game, it is not just about surviving, killing stuff fast is good too to get MR fast, and Excalibur exalted is pretty good for that.

Edited by MPonder

24 minutes ago, MPonder said:

I don't like to recommend Rhino, it is a grind game, it is not just about surviving, killing stuff fast is good too to get MR fast, and Excalibur exalted is pretty good for that

I don't like to Recommend Rhino either.... but its mostly because early on his only trick is Iron Skin.... once you unlock Spoiler Mode he is a Solid Option for getting lots of Kills.... especially if you run around with the Ignis Wraith META....

I wish Trinity was one of The Starters.... 

A friend bought her for me when I started Warframe....

With a pole arm and the Link Augment she can be pretty good ..

9 hours ago, RunningChaos said:

Nezha. Free from a dojo. Can do EVERYTHING in Warframe. If you say he can't do Spy missions. Get good. I really don't understand why poeple don't play him more.

With the Chakram he's pretty Good For Spy.... the only issue with Nezha is situations where enemies are invulnerable but as long as he's in a group of any kind then Nezha is Bae !!!!

I guess people don't use him because he's so pretty it makes them Feel Self Conscious.....

Rhino was a hefty favorite for me after running Volt for a good while but wanting a more "up front" fighter. Just remember, shields are static. All your resistances and damage reductions are NOT applicable to them. 

Build his abilities up, run Iron Skin constantly, and if you can get a hold of one, the Adaptation mod is your best friend with any build to increase survivability. 

If you're one to have bought booster packs / have platinum, Nidus is my current main and he's viable up to and including end game content with the proper builds. 

Being only MR 11 I still consider myself a beginner.  I would suggest starting out with Excalibur and getting and leveling other frames to proceed through the quest lines but Excalibur will be easy.  Eventually you will get Excalibur Umbra through the quests and at that point he's very useful to dealing with hard content with a not too overpowered frame.  I won't trow any spoilers in here but I will say this.. I loved the quests and I love Excalibur Umbra.

Beginner friendly frames? 

Excal with mk1 guns will take you to Sedna if you focus on upgrading the basic mods (serration, point blank, basic 90% elementals) 

After that you'll have access to most content (and decent weps) and are able to farm anything you might want. 

Cheers 

Any frame, yes ANY frame you can get early in the game will introduce you to a variety of play styles and is strong enough to go pretty deep into the dark later parts of the star chart.

Nyx was my second frame, and she was great then, and great now.

Don't worry about what's Most Efficient. Try frames out and stick with the ones you enjoy playing. They can all do the whole star chart, except for maybe the Arenas on Sedna.

Hi, Mozartbalows, one of the warframes that I always recommend is scalibur since it is a balanced warframe in terms of statistics.  His abilities are mainly of damage, therefore it is a warframe that is capable of doing ideal damage, for murders or extermination.  Now if you are looking for a tank warframe the most recommended is Rhino since thanks to its iron skin ability it is able to easily withstand the shots of the enemies, one of its most interesting statistics is its armor since it has a very good armor,  Apart from all this it is also a warframe that manages to make control thanks to the stomping ability.  If you are looking for a versatile warframe I also recommend frost since it is a warframe that serves any mission and highly recommended for Defense missions because thanks to its snow shield it blocks incoming shots, it is also a warframe that offers control, it is capable of  freeze enemies.

The two best "beginner" frames IMO would be Excalibur and Rhino.

Excalibur being cc with his blind and offensive with Radial javelin and exalted blade.

Rhino being more cc with stomp but also buffing with roar, he is also a popular pick with his iron skin and not dieing. on top of being ok at solo teralyst hunts.

i do have one more frame that is early game but you need to know her kit to play her correctly. this frame is Gara

Gara if you can learn her kit is a beast. here is a link to Brozime video on her. (he's using tennogen cause her default looks weird)

hace 6 horas, (PS4)armadureton dijo:

Hi, Mozartbalows, one of the warframes that I always recommend is scalibur since it is a balanced warframe in terms of statistics.  His abilities are mainly of damage, therefore it is a warframe that is capable of doing ideal damage, for murders or extermination.  Now if you are looking for a tank warframe the most recommended is Rhino since thanks to its iron skin ability it is able to easily withstand the shots of the enemies, one of its most interesting statistics is its armor since it has a very good armor,  Apart from all this it is also a warframe that manages to make control thanks to the stomping ability.  If you are looking for a versatile warframe I also recommend frost since it is a warframe that serves any mission and highly recommended for Defense missions because thanks to its snow shield it blocks incoming shots, it is also a warframe that offers control, it is capable of  freeze enemies.