Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mozartblows

Good beginner warframes!!!!(please don't say valkyr)(also good beginner weapons)

Question

Soo i was playing on ps4 and i want to get good beginner weapons and frames can anyone tell me what i should get

4 hours ago, Bastanold said:

Apparently further into the game he loses that tankiness (likely due to no particular resistances with the frame itself).

Ehh, yes and no. When you cast ironskin there is a temp invuln window that any damage taken will be added to ironskin, so in farther missions you can store a ton of damage and get absurdly high levels of iron skin. If you build rhino right you can have tons of ironskin and armor. I don't like playing rhino tho, he makes me feel lazy when I can just not die.

The two best "beginner" frames IMO would be Excalibur and Rhino.

Excalibur being cc with his blind and offensive with Radial javelin and exalted blade.

Rhino being more cc with stomp but also buffing with roar, he is also a popular pick with his iron skin and not dieing. on top of being ok at solo teralyst hunts.

i do have one more frame that is early game but you need to know her kit to play her correctly. this frame is Gara

Gara if you can learn her kit is a beast. here is a link to Brozime video on her. (he's using tennogen cause her default looks weird)

I suggest that you get rhino and also the vectis is a good low rank weapon doing massive damage at the start and also can be used at junctions and can kill some spectors in about 2-3 shoots

For weapons, Hek, Guandao, and Atomos will take you through the entire star chart assuming you get mods along the way.  Hek & Guandao are MR4, and Atomos is MR5 I believe.  Until MR4-5, buy a Braton with creds and use code FREESWORD (if it's still active) to get a free Heat Sword that has a catalyst included to get you through til then.

For starter frames, there is Rhino and then there's everybody else lol

Excalibur, lesion and hek. Those weapons will carry you as you get better mods and rank up the mods. After that, Rhino. Followed by the long grind to rank MR

2 hours ago, pebblepossum said:

When I was a wee noob, I actually ran Darvo's "Man of Few Words" quest to farm plastids, since it takes place on Saturn but you don't have to have reached Saturn to do it. Same goes for the Void and Maroo's weeklies. 

Wait... hang on.... don't you need to reach Neptune to do that quest ? I remember aquiring the quest from Darvo and then not being able to do it until reaching neptune and being annoyed about it...

2 hours ago, pebblepossum said:

He's an excellent newbie frame due to the survivability given by Iron Skin, and Roar remains one of the best damage buffs in the late game.

I just don't have as much faith in rhino as everyone else....

Iron Skin falls off too easily even later on when he's properly buillt... and the damage you get from Roar using Just Intenify is really lacking.... it becomes strong later on with Blind Rage and Growing Power but I feel like Tossing Nezha's ring was more effective.... that plus Rhino us freaking energy hog....

Beginner frames:

Rhino, Frost, and spam clear Volt (to help you run SO solo with a few corrupted mods and he doesn't even need forma, just a potato).

These 3 cover the basics. 

Being only MR 11 I still consider myself a beginner.  I would suggest starting out with Excalibur and getting and leveling other frames to proceed through the quest lines but Excalibur will be easy.  Eventually you will get Excalibur Umbra through the quests and at that point he's very useful to dealing with hard content with a not too overpowered frame.  I won't trow any spoilers in here but I will say this.. I loved the quests and I love Excalibur Umbra.

Rhino with Hek. You can literally play with those on "end game" content, not even primed or syndicate versions. Heks mod from syndicate helps a lot tho (200% multishot). You only need to use his iron skin (wiki how exactly it works) and 3 from time to time.

Volt with any crit weapon. His shield boosts crits. You can pick it up and fire secondary weapon with it while on the move.

Zephyr to easly beat orokin treasure rooms. You literally fly through them with her 1. Especially useful for weekly Maroo's mission.

Ps: Zephyr and Volt have their ways of mitigating damage but are very squishy when played incorrectly. Just be careful with those ;).

I would say look at what weapons you like or suit your play style.

Then see what warframe can assist with the weapon type.

Say you had a fire weapon then you could choose ember for extra fire damage.

Some frames have stealth, healing etc. here is where you want to do your research for what warframe is ideal.

For a beginner id reccomend looking at physical damage stats, slash damage would be strong against low level enemies of most types.

Check here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#Grineer

Nezha

1 - Go faster than just bullet jumping around plus it can CC things

2 - Doubles your damage and drops both health and energy globes all over the place allowing you tons of sustain

3 - 90% damage reduction, status effect immunity, and some limited invulnerability

4 - Wide area CC

Doesn't require any augments or difficult to get mods either.