The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How long do Nightwave Seasons last for?

RS219

Question

<The tl;dr question:>

Asking on behalf of my newbie friend again: How many weeks will this season of Nightwave last for?

<The long story>

I managed to push him to finish The War Within, but he still hasn't achieved Old Mate with Solaris U which means he couldn't do last week's last elite weekly to kill Profit-Taker.

So I thought: Ah well, what the hell, no biggie. Let's just do this week's elite weeklies AND he'll have time to finally top off SU and start Vox Solaris bounties. And what do I see for this week's elite weekly? Kill-the-freaking-Ropalolyst.

He only just finished The War Within, and he hasn't even done Saya's Vigil or any access to amp crafting via Quills or Vox U. So I need to get him to do: Chains of Harrow -> Apostasy Prologue -> The Sacrifice* -> Chimera Prologue.
*Needs a custom-built amp that's better than the mote amp and operator passives just to properly fight Umbra, of which he has NEITHER of both.

I mean it doesn't sound like much, but this is a friend who who has to manually pay his internet company for 5gb of internet access each time per week to do his job AND other things (I initially thought it was 5gb a day, big mistake). I was trying hard to keep him at max rep so he can start cashing in on nitain past rank 30, but... sigh.

Maybe I'm worrying over it harder than he is. But missing TWO elite weeklies means he is unable to hit rank 30 exactly by the 7th week, if NWS2 ends there.

Edited by RS219

12 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

No idea, but there is a catch-up mechanic in Season 02 so he might be able to complete this challenge later on.

He can't fulfill the catch-up mechanic for this week because he has to kill the rope-thing, which he is unable to access by this week.

Wouldn't the previous week's catchups poof and be lost forever if this week passes without completing it or something?

If it's like Season 1, about 10 weeks. This means a steady 3 rank-ups per week plan will suffice. There will also probably be assassins that will grant extra Standing.

18 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Wouldn't the previous week's catchups poof and be lost forever if this week passes without completing it or something?

Well, last week, after I completed all the Weeklies and Elites, the Syndicate missions one I ignored from Week 1 popped up, so I don't know what the expiry on the catch-up mechanic is - but it isn't one week.

Edited by KnossosTNC

33 minutes ago, RS219 said:

I think there isn't any expiration date for the catch-up. Like you can come back to the game on the last week of Nightwave and complete everything, all the challenges will come back

Seeing as how we get a nightwave cutscene every two weeks, and there’s 5 cutscenes listed for the current act, I think you’ve got longer than 7 weeks.

My guess is that it’ll be here for 10-11. 

Edited by Nitresco

The catch up mechanic shouldn't be timed I dont think, if you miss a challenge it will be cashed tell you complete all the challenges for a week, then when next you relog It will pop up again. Considering how much it seems your working with him and helping, and how you both seem to be enjoying it, I think you got time to push through a few more weeks and get him up enough to at least have you help him through it. Good luck in any event!

It should be fine as in the end there should be enough for people to prestige a few times, also you could probably get him to fight umbra since i was able to do it with a mote amp and like 0 school perks, you could also die as much as you want when you are fighting umbra so its kinda hard to fail