Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties and invasions have become longer - more defense/interception

WarcellPrime

I do not know if anyone else noticed this but since few weeks most sorties and invasions contain more and more defense/interception/mobile defense missions which are timed instead of exterminate/assasinate/sabotage missions which were only dependent on players skills and gear.

This is making game annoying for me, because my "daily routine" (which is sortie + important invasions) is taking more time now. I am talking about 3m (capture) vs 13m (10 waves of defense) difference.

Edited by WarcellPrime

Invasions are one round though, that's not 10 waves but 5.

And that's random.

And just for information, Defense/Interception Sorties are actually not Random but have a lower chance to proc than non-endlesses.

Sortie Additions, Changes, and Fixes: 

• Implemented Sortie generation logic that ensures the missions selected don't weigh too heavy on endless variants

Edited by Chewarette

I don't know about you, but I for one am glad to not have a elemental resistance lephantis or ambulas with magnetic procs. 

Also, have seen 3 sorties with 2 exterminate (in same sortie) in the last month. 

Invasions just change randomly, captures and exterminates are quick - I believe they are on a counter, they change when counter expires (not sure what influences the counter) 

Just RNG being RNG, and DE loves RNG 

I think that interception should be exchangable with defense. Because defense changes to mobile defense, extermination changes to sabotage, but interception is always interception. There is no alternative to that.

I also forgot to mention that my problem is with alerts too - alert 2 days ago was 10 waves of defense + 10 minutes of survival + 2 or even 3 waves of interception. I did not have enough time to finish them. Before all alerts were quick fast and painless, now they take long time to finish.

Obvious conspiracy theory would be "they want players to play longer" but there is no benefit in that. There is more profit from players doing multiple missions and buying different stuff than to get them stuck in 1 long mission.

Edited by WarcellPrime