Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

40PE

Brief guide how I enjoy NightWave...

I also found a way to enjoy Nightwave recently. I logged out and booted up a different game. It's both been enjoyable and liberating.

Le 29/07/2019 à 16:57, latetier a dit :

ironic as it's pretty standard requirement to look up guides on the warframe wiki for things u need to do 

You look up what to do or how to do it, not how to enjoy it. 

Le 29/07/2019 à 16:56, Kosen a dit :

Not quite. You see, I see this more like a way to explain everyone that it IS possible to enjoy this, if you just stop whining and plan accordingly.

You seem to be under the impression that doing things faster will make them more enjoyable. It won't. Even if i could combine nightmare, invasions, bounties tasks together they'll still be forcing back into content with literally bo replay value i have been done with for years now. Now, if at least there was a level slider or a spawn slider somewhere i could at least enjoy the gameplay, but lv 80- enemies are literal fodder at this point, and most invasions cap at what, 50? My lord. 

The only saving grace is occasionally some non obnoxious modifier (mainly energy drain) pops up on Mot or Taveuni, and those are entertaining. Even then tho almost nobody plays those and since they changed the spawn algorythm playing a non fissure survival solo is a recipe for PTSD and depression. Survival? There are 3 mobs in the whole tile. Man, i really feel the pressure... 

Enjoying Nightwave? Oh thats easy. Lay down the "elitist" attitude. Done.

I mean srsly i see so many complains about this, and the essence is always the same.
"I dont want to play old content" - well jokes on you, warframe is a game DESIGNED to replay and grind in old content. This concept is the core game.
Since. Years.
Since. The beginning.
Just take a break, and come back.

7 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Really? Moaning about the tragic loss of alerts that we all skipped the vast majority of? Let's ask an honest question, what percentage of alerts do you think that you did over the course of a month? (Just the ones that you were online for.)  I'm going to be guessing 10% would be a huge exaggeration for anyone who'd been playing for a couple of months.

Just because the alert rewards were not that great does not mean that the entire system was flawed. It would have made far more sense to simply improve the rewards table (which was six years out of date), instead of removing the whole system and replacing it with one that has an entirely different set of flaws.

My argument operates under the assumption that if alerts were still around/came back, their reward pool would be properly updated. Its idiotic to assume that this wouldn't be the case.

7 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Wrong again, Tenno. Those can often be done passively. And seriously how much of a reward do you expect to earn for "deploy a glyph", "kill some enemies while sliding", kill a few while aim gliding", "kill with heat" etc? 

You seem to agree that these "challenges" are terrible and pointless, which was my original point in this thread anyway. And it still doesn't change the fact that, on average, you have to do multiple missions worth of stuff to get even a single rank/reward.

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You should do some remedial math classes, because you missed the fact that 1 is less than 4.

Just one rank, the very first, the one you got from doing maybe 3 challenges, gave you a rather large cache of creds, with which you were able to buy several rewards of your own choosing. 

But hey, who's counting? 

Since when does unlimited equal one? Remedial math, indeed... There were usually four alerts available at the same time, let alone however many would cycle through over an entire week. So depending on just how often you played, you could potentially get all kinds of stuff. Yet, because of the time limited nature of Nightwave challenges, it is impossible to get more than four ranks/rewards per week.

And even if you do count the Cred bundles as multiple rewards based off of whatever you buy with them, its still far less stuff than what alerts offered. Just because you never took the more basic alert rewards doesn't mean they didn't exist.

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Tier rewards have nothing to do with the cruft you used to get from alerts. You keep trying to conflate the types of rewards. Those are event rewards, and like event rewards, you will need to participate to get the rewards. 

Nothing new at all to that, so stop pretending that you are being disadvantaged. 

DE intentionally designed Nightwave to be a replacement for alerts. Therefore, the rewards should be of the same category. If they are not, as you say, then this is a problem. Nightwave does not do an adequate job of filling the hole left by the removal of alerts. DE created a round hole, and then tried to shove a square peg into it. It hasn't worked very well.

1 hour ago, Teljaxx said:

Just because the alert rewards were not that great does not mean that the entire system was flawed. It would have made far more sense to simply improve the rewards table (which was six years out of date), instead of removing the whole system and replacing it with one that has an entirely different set of flaws.

My argument operates under the assumption that if alerts were still around/came back, their reward pool would be properly updated. Its idiotic to assume that this wouldn't be the case.

No Tenno, but you just admitted that you're writing based on your nostalgia for something that never existed at all. You don't just want alerts, you want alerts that shower you with "magical pixies and unicorn snot" or something. Your argument operates under a flawed assumption that will not ever happen. 

The fact of the matter is that you are still confusing "alert rewards" and "event rewards". Alerts are minor effort for negligible rewards. Those were very useful for us when we were newbs, but after a couple of months, you'd have gotten past that point, and an increasing number of the alerts would be considered a "woft". 

So we skipped them. We skipped the paltry credits, we skipped the endo, we skipped the majority of resources, we skipped the cosmetics we already built, we skipped the weapons we only needed one of, we skipped.... You get the idea. 

In Nightwave we do whatever we want to do. We get creds that we can spend on whatever we want from the alert rewards. Including the high value rewards that we'd normally pay actual money for. 

"Alerts" have gotten far better. And as an event, participation brings additional rewards, above and beyond anything that alerts brought. And as with any multi-level alert, the further we go, the more we get. 

Since when does unlimited equal one? Remedial math, indeed... There were usually four alerts available at the same time, let alone however many would cycle through over an entire week. So depending on just how often you played, you could potentially get all kinds of stuff. Yet, because of the time limited nature of Nightwave challenges, it is impossible to get more than four ranks/rewards per week.

Unlimited doesn't equal one, nobody ever claimed that, but it also doesn't mean what you think it does, so perhaps reading comprehension classes are also in order. Let's try again, how many of your "unlimited" alerts would you do in a given week? What percentage are we talking? 

Now, since I seem to have done at least one impossible thing recently let me show you why you should be careful about what you call impossible. In the first week, I got 43.5k standing from the challenges. Each mission gave me a bunch of random rewards, but let's set those aside. 

Next, those 43.5k ensured that I jumped 4 tiers collecting several rewards. You seem to have an idea of how many. Count those. 

One of the rewards was nightwave creds, so I hopped over to the creds store and got myself some stuff that I wanted. I had lots of choices since it was a pretty hefty sum of creds. Fortunately since I have a bunch of the cosmetics I was able to narrow my choices. But guess who managed to get more than one of the things that alerts would have shared out? Guess who did what you claim was impossible? 

You seem to agree that these "challenges" are terrible and pointless, which was my original point in this thread anyway. And it still doesn't change the fact that, on average, you have to do multiple missions worth of stuff to get even a single rank/reward.

No, I'm saying that they're designed to reward us for doing what we would normally do. So they require little to no additional effort, so we are going to get rewarded for just playing. 

You seem to think that the rewards for that should be much greater, as though you think that they're so very difficult. Perhaps because you think them more difficult than the alerts that you were skipping the whole time? 

DE intentionally designed Nightwave to be a replacement for alerts. Therefore, the rewards should be of the same category. If they are not, as you say, then this is a problem. Nightwave does not do an adequate job of filling the hole left by the removal of alerts. DE created a round hole, and then tried to shove a square peg into it. It hasn't worked very well.

Again alert rewards and event rewards were never the same. Nightwave has replaced alerts, but also given us so much more. 

I don't enjoy Nightwave, but no more than I don't enjoy Sorties. It's just another flavor of grinding chore.

I do like that it's not as extremely timelocked as alerts were, granted, but it definitely is more of a chore than just blitzing a single mission and having something for a reward like Alerts did (NW challenges like "kill ropy" or, heaven forbid, "complete a mission" aside).

On 2019-07-29 at 4:26 PM, 40PE said:

For those who constantly complaining, saying its a grind, or boring, takes too long, etc.

What I do is this:

-Plan to mix up the different Nightwave Mission goals to do them together. Example this week's two mission: Find all three cases on Sabotage Mission and also do 3 Nightmare Missions any kind. Just do three Sabotage Nightmare and you done with two. Plus, if you missing some nightmare mods, or you want to get some extra, plus for trade, there, one more reason to do Nightmare -that I would otherwise wouldn't prob. spend time, If I would look for some bigger challenge or some more serious grind.

-Other example: Do 30mins survival. Just get into a mid/high tier survival with Nekros, with some gear that I've formad and grind some relics/ducats. Like now, you might want to try and grind wukong Prime or Ninkondi parts, excellent opportunity. OR if you would grind Kuva in Survival, you can do this Nightwave mission too while you grinding Kuva.

I honestly don't see what is the big deal about Nightwave, because you should not just go and do Nightwave missions one by one, get into a mission just to "do the nightwave missions for grind". Nightwave does its job well if you not looking at it as an "alert mission".

UPDATE1: You don't have to do all the missions at once. You can spend some time on them daily, to also make it feel like a game, not a chore. You don't have to sit down and do multiple goals at once and spends hours and hours. Make sure you enjoy it! If you don't enjoy some of the activities, you can decide not to do it at all, don't worry about the mission points! There will be something that you enjoy later on. You still have time to level up, even if you skip one or two of the weekly goals.

☝️Get a load of this guy! Enjoying Nightwave! Psh, how dare he!

Jokes aside, I think you nailed it, man; Nightwave acts can synergise rather well if you let them... If you actually take out the time to try rather than just complain right off the bat...

On 2019-07-29 at 7:39 AM, latetier said:

i enjoy it by not doing it kek

This works too. I was eager for the first Nightwave, but this one I’ll leave it take. If I can do enough to get the operator suit, cool. If not, whatevs.

On 2019-07-30 at 2:05 AM, Angrytiger said:

I almost want to ask all the bittervets what is in NW rewards that is so critical to the gameplay experience. I mean, maybe nitain, but it's just a convenience to buy in bulk rather than farm it out on... Go figure, caches.

About the only thing I can see that might be interpreted as a "necessity" is perhaps the umbra forma... But then again, no matter how you slice it, having that umbra forma will... Allow them to put incrementally better mods in their frame and/or melee weapon.

Vauban is available, I guess? You're "locked out" of playing that frame unless you spend NW creds? But then, you get that initial windfall as the first cred prize anyway, which will cover it.

Okay, so you've gotten a new frame (one of the few specific cases of "needing" something, given that frames and weapons allow for new and different gameplay). What else?

... Nothing. That's it. Aura mods (which o guess could offer slightly faster clear times with the right build), slots (okay THAT'S one of the true "necessities" of the game, again tied to variety of gameplay), 3 forma (eh, nice to have, but with Relics handed out like candy and Forma as a bronze reward, you pretty much are only limited by the 24 hour build time.

So, what? What is the thing the compels all these people to simultaneously say "pssh I don't care about NW what a trash system" and "wooooooow how absolutely DARE DE lock stuff behind the insurmountable wall of "doing things in the game that don't fit within my small window of 'things I enjoy!'?!?" Clearly there's a missing piece there that compels them against their will, I'm really curious to know what that is.

Not sure if this has been answered already (still getting through this thread) buttt the main reason is trolling, from what I can honestly tell, or the incredibly lack of understanding the fact that its all optional. As a completionist, I want all the cosmetics that the game hands to me, but I accept that, and accept that if I want them as fast as possible, I will have to do things I dont want to do, but I take that as a challenge, and also as a good switch up of pass (as the longest thing for those missions is running the Sabs/ Vault runs which will take at most an hour, which considering how much I do crap grinds to get the one thing I want out of rng...having a defined goal that its all working toward that is guaranteed is a great benefit to mmmeee xD)

They either can't understand these point, choose not to, or are trolling to get people to defend it just cause they have nothing better to do with there time... (though I do side a bittt with nub cry outs just because if you want it, want to do the challenges, but just cant, its hella frustrating. But now with the catch up system in place, just play the game like you would any other game that you like/want something in, and youll probably make it there by the end of the event and be able to do it all! As for if you come in toward the end...well you already missed a heck tone of other events you want to complain about those too or wait for them to roll around again like they probably will? xD)

So yeah, tends to be trolls looking for reaction, or people that can change up there mind set and are begging for others to agree with them. In both cases....usually not worth trying to convince them...usually.

5 hours ago, WellIHopeThisOneWorks said:

Not sure if this has been answered already (still getting through this thread) buttt the main reason is trolling, from what I can honestly tell, or the incredibly lack of understanding the fact that its all optional. As a completionist, I want all the cosmetics that the game hands to me, but I accept that, and accept that if I want them as fast as possible, I will have to do things I dont want to do, but I take that as a challenge, and also as a good switch up of pass (as the longest thing for those missions is running the Sabs/ Vault runs which will take at most an hour, which considering how much I do crap grinds to get the one thing I want out of rng...having a defined goal that its all working toward that is guaranteed is a great benefit to mmmeee xD)

They either can't understand these point, choose not to, or are trolling to get people to defend it just cause they have nothing better to do with there time... (though I do side a bittt with nub cry outs just because if you want it, want to do the challenges, but just cant, its hella frustrating. But now with the catch up system in place, just play the game like you would any other game that you like/want something in, and youll probably make it there by the end of the event and be able to do it all! As for if you come in toward the end...well you already missed a heck tone of other events you want to complain about those too or wait for them to roll around again like they probably will? xD)

So yeah, tends to be trolls looking for reaction, or people that can change up there mind set and are begging for others to agree with them. In both cases....usually not worth trying to convince them...usually.

I wouldn't call it trolling, as that implies intent. I'd call it an extremely misplaced sense of entitlement, but they'd probably just say that I'm white knighting. 

On 2019-07-29 at 10:26 AM, 40PE said:

What I do is this:

Hey look some sense, good luck finding more of that here

I dont find any way to enjoy nightwave.. bring back alerts!

On 2019-07-29 at 7:26 AM, 40PE said:

For those who constantly complaining, saying its a grind, or boring, takes too long, etc.

What I do is this:

-Plan to mix up the different Nightwave Mission goals to do them together. Example this week's two mission: Find all three cases on Sabotage Mission and also do 3 Nightmare Missions any kind. Just do three Sabotage Nightmare and you done with two. Plus, if you missing some nightmare mods, or you want to get some extra, plus for trade, there, one more reason to do Nightmare -that I would otherwise wouldn't prob. spend time, If I would look for some bigger challenge or some more serious grind.

-Other example: Do 30mins survival. Just get into a mid/high tier survival with Nekros, with some gear that I've formad and grind some relics/ducats. Like now, you might want to try and grind wukong Prime or Ninkondi parts, excellent opportunity. OR if you would grind Kuva in Survival, you can do this Nightwave mission too while you grinding Kuva.

I honestly don't see what is the big deal about Nightwave, because you should not just go and do Nightwave missions one by one, get into a mission just to "do the nightwave missions for grind". Nightwave does its job well if you not looking at it as an "alert mission".

UPDATE1: You don't have to do all the missions at once. You can spend some time on them daily, to also make it feel like a game, not a chore. You don't have to sit down and do multiple goals at once and spends hours and hours. Make sure you enjoy it! If you don't enjoy some of the activities, you can decide not to do it at all, don't worry about the mission points! There will be something that you enjoy later on. You still have time to level up, even if you skip one or two of the weekly goals.

There is no possible way to make finding caches in sabatoge fun.. its just unpossible.. unless you have a brain that works that way. FOr those of us that dont like it, no amount of mentral trickery is going to make it anything other than a sucky grindy boring chore.