The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New operator movement system

keikogi

Saw @(PS4)LeBlingKing69 post, one of the suggestions was a new operator movement system, I liked the idea but also saw @Loza03 criticism the movement system was too similar warframe’s movement. Since we will get growperators, I took the chance to address this issue.

These are the movement skills and the way to use them.

Void Veil (crouch)- operator hides into the void becoming invisible and invulnerable

Void Dash (press space during Void Veil) – Old void dash, but now it must target an enemy or surface. Targeting a wall will make your operator wall latch to it. No longer damages enemies on its path. (reworked the old void dash as a stealth tool)

Void Smash (while using void veil midair , press E, requires target surface or enemy) – operator channel the void into his fist them he teleports towards the target enemy/surface hitting with his full mighty. The punch will send a shockwave damaging all nearby enemies and knocking them down.

Slide (double tap shift) - same as current slide

Void Slide (during slide press E) – dash a long distance damaging all enemies on the path (same range as the current void dash)

Sprint - operators will sprint by default

Void Sprint – (pressing shift while sprint will engage void sprint) operator will channel the void into his feet doubling the operator movement speed.

Void Boom – (pressing E during void sprint) – operator will quickly enter the void and leave the void a few meters ahead. Will cause a void explosion on entry and exit. Has 1.5 times the reach of the current void dash.

Void Glide (pressing aim button while in air) – operator will channel the void into his feet, negating the effects of gravity. Handles like Aegis storm (Hildryn Ultimate). Operator can use his amp while Void Gliding.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=13079632

Void Flight (pressing shift while Void Gliding) – operator will channel the void into his hands and feet to fly (handle somewhat like archwing).50% Faster than void spring.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=10583491

Void Missile (pressing E during, Void Flight)- operator will channel all his power into hands and feet, dashing at incredible speed towards your crosshair. Will damage everything around the operator. Operator will cause an explosion if he come in contact with a surface or massive enemy (eidolon, thumper , orb mother , tattooist ) , smaller enemies ate knocked aside. The explosion consumes all the energy of the operator. 

What do you think of these?

I might design the school effects upon each skill later. But I will probably need some help because I am familiar with Zenurik only, all the other focus school I only know them superficially.

I’ve had an idea to buff operators shields a while ago

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 3

I'd really like it if they showed your trajectory when you crouch jump before you push the button.

Void Sprint sound cool. Would it be Moddable like duration, speed ect?

I think Void Sprint should have a default speed of 1.4 and be able to level up to 4.0. These all sound really cool :inlove:

3 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

Void Sprint sound cool. Would it be Moddable like duration, speed ect?

Unfortunately DE probably will not allow operator mods. They made the decision that operator scaling will be done with focus schools and arcanes. But I was trying to figure out a way to increse the amount of arcanes a operator can use.

I think Void Sprint should have a default speed of 1.4 and be able to level up to 4.0. These all sound really cool :inlove:

I was thinking of a higher base line of 2 ( void sprinting cost energy , unlike warframe sprinting ) and with naramon passive 3. You would be able to use arcanes to increse it even further.

I'd really like it if they showed your trajectory when you crouch jump before you push the button.

That is a nice quality of life change.

Edited by keikogi