The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a fur/hair question.

-NightmareMoon-

Hi everyone, after watching the last new player experience video, I was wondering if we can have kubrow fur like the one on the video? and now that we are on that, hair that doesnt look like wire,  I mean seriously I know that hair is the hardest thing to animate, but what we have now is so bad, so please DE take some time in developing good hair physics.

• Like 2

I agree with you. Better fur physics are way overdue in this game. It's high time they updated them to be as good quality as the rest of the game's graphics. I mean, it's not even a matter of "if" at this point, but of "when".

And it'd make it possible to have some nice fur-themed skins as well, even for frames. Such as (vvv), which to be honest I like way more than both new proposed skins. I just hope someday these will make it, even if takes a long time. I love winter-themed outfits!

Image result for ivara deluxe7t598m82s8w21.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

+1000. Was looking at my gf's kubrow the other day and all i could think of was how horribly dated it looked. The new hairstyles for operator's are a step up from the base styles, though, I'll give DE that much.

As for fur on armor/kubrows, i don't even mind if it's statically placed with implied flow and textured to look full and soft, or have the hair be chunky locks of clumped hair with minimal movement ala games like Overwatch and For Honor. It's a stylistic approach that looks infinitely better than the horribly ugly wire we have now

Smart-Select-20190729-133708-Chrome.jpg Smart-Select-20190729-133856-Chrome.jpg Smart-Select-20190729-134104-Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ryden
  • Like 1

That beautiful creature in the video looks nothing like the kubrows we have... If they looked only close to that in the game, I'd take my kubrows again for a walk for the sole reason it's nice to look at them. Having them graphically upgraded would be amazing!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

Hi everyone, after watching the last new player experience video, I was wondering if we can have kubrow fur like the one on the video? and now that we are on that, hair that doesnt look like wire,  I mean seriously I know that hair is the hardest thing to animate, but what we have now is so bad, so please DE take some time in developing good hair physics.

Yeah no, as cool as it would be for Warframe to somehow manage that kind of rendering in-game while not having the most absurd of spec requirements to run it is not remotely realistic or feasible to think that kind of hair quality could be for Warframe. Maybe in a couple decades it'll be feasible, but we don't have the tech for that level of detail, at least not on a broadly accessible scale, in videogaming. 

I do agree we should try to up the hair quality for Kurbrows all the same, but we should set a more reasonable expectation than a cinematic trailer level of detail.