Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Vaults Suck?

Neloc

Is it just me or do Orokin Derelect vaults suck? I usually don't do them unless the nightwave requires them but everytime it does I am reminded how much it sucks. The debuffs are annoying yes, but they are not the major issue I have. It is the fact that there are debuffs when you are trying to search for a super hidden vault, that is what really tips it into super annoying for me. You can search so long that enemies stop spawning and still not find a vault. Maybe I am just being stubborn and not just spamming the mission because sometimes you start a mission and there is the vault, others you can search for hours and never find it. I don't know maybe it is just me but, I just find it super annoying. Am I alone in this?

It is a little bit annoying, but I never had trouble finding the vault. I kinda know the tileset almost by memory and know where the small doors in each section where the vault would spawn will be, and head straight for them.

I've always treated it as a side objective. Running Derelict Mobile Defense to farm Mutagen Samples, I always brought a key just in case. These days, I still run for Kavat DNA, so I bring all four keys with my Ivara. The Hobbled one is the only one I'm annoyed with.

I like them, but the fact there's no matchmaking makes them a lot more tedious than they could be. 

Unfortunately, you need all those keys and assembling groups for the runs is tantamount to herding cats. Doable, sure, but...it's a hassle and takes an inordinate amount of time. 

The answer I've found for this is Nezha. Normally he's annoying and better off never seen in public. However, this is going to be solo at the individual tenno's convenience so his presence is suddenly desirable--perhaps even necessary. Who knew?

Regardless, a properly modded Nezha loaded up with all four keys actually gets around well enough and is tough enough (assuming you pay attention) to finish solo vault runs without too much drama. They still take a bit of time, but it's better than the chaos of assembling key runs. 

Finding the vault is a crapshoot, but once you're familiar with derelict layouts it's usually not too bad. Going always right or left helps, but the fact is this mission type is going to take time so you may as well resign yourself to it. Just keep telling yourself those corrupted mods are as good as platinum in the bank, in addition to whatever NW goodies you're angling for. 

Edited by Sloan441
Can't type

Just go with a group, you should easily find groups doing vault runs any day, even faster if there's a Nightwave objective for it. Personally I like looking for vaults, even with all the keys on (with Loki usually) if I'm not feeling sociable enough, but even for me sometimes it's hard to find the vault. A full squad does the job much more effortlessly.

1 hour ago, Ahniar said:

I don't have any particular issue carrying all keys, also the hobbled one only slows down your running/walking speed. Fly high Tenno 🙂 your parkour velocity stay the same.

Cheers

Ya know I thought that as well, and this might just be a bug but while running Wukong it also slows his cloudwalker. Interestingly before I find the vault I move at one speed in cloud walker (which is already slower than normal), but after I find the vault and get the relic I move even slower. It is almost like the movement speed reduction from the hobbled key doubles. Again I don't know if this is a bug but if it is I hope it gets fixed. It would be like playing zephyr and your tailwind doesn't fly you as fast. I encourage anyone else to try this out and see if they have the same problem and if it is happening to more than just me maybe DE can fix it, or if it is intended tell us that it is.

8 minutes ago, Neloc said:

-snip-

It is working as "intended", from my limited understanding equipping a key gives a debuff that gets amplified with the vault itself, some abilities that mark your frame as being "grounded" would get affected too but that's diving into the "behind the scene shortcuts" used to make magic happen and could be seen as bugs to be corrected, but that's for the ones dealing with the code to decide. 

Try sending a ticket or asking in the bug sub-forum for a clarification. 

Cheers 

10 minutes ago, Neloc said:

Ya know I thought that as well, and this might just be a bug but while running Wukong it also slows his cloudwalker. Interestingly before I find the vault I move at one speed in cloud walker (which is already slower than normal), but after I find the vault and get the relic I move even slower. It is almost like the movement speed reduction from the hobbled key doubles. Again I don't know if this is a bug but if it is I hope it gets fixed. It would be like playing zephyr and your tailwind doesn't fly you as fast. I encourage anyone else to try this out and see if they have the same problem and if it is happening to more than just me maybe DE can fix it, or if it is intended tell us that it is.

I have had what seemed to be a double slowdown on both Ivara and Zephyr. Only remember it a few times.