Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

InfinitusPhoenix

Frames and weapons you wish would get a nerf

On 2019-07-29 at 2:08 PM, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Discuss.

I would love for DE to finally nerf Saryn for example

Why not buff everything else in a good way instead?

5 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Because saryn will still be an issue either way or reverse. Everyone outperforming her. No one in this game is pleased anyway. 

21 hours ago, moostar95 said:

Oh god, wisp is a pub frame at best. And Mr fodder for me. Great, you ran into new players. But that's all she'll be useful for me. I don't need her and other supports when the majority of the game is easily beatable without support frames in general. In a eraof energy pizzas, playing frames that has a working kit, operators in general, etc. I need more then a useless speed buff that has a game take place in non open worlds anyway. This game is a casual fest. 

Well you are free to have your opinion but you dont seem to have much knowledge to play Wisp. I sorties and endless survivals with her without issues. Sure in random low levels it doesnt matter but a well played wisp in sorties/arbies are gold worth. But kinda makes me wonder, if you think warframe is a casual fest, why do you still play? Not asking to be rude but my genuine curiosity 

17 minutes ago, makaloff95 said:

Well you are free to have your opinion but you dont seem to have much knowledge to play Wisp. I sorties and endless survivals with her without issues. Sure in random low levels it doesnt matter but a well played wisp in sorties/arbies are gold worth. But kinda makes me wonder, if you think warframe is a casual fest, why do you still play? Not asking to be rude but my genuine curiosity 

Wisp. Complex. Wow, never had I read such a troll response. I've been playing the hell out of gara and comparing her to wisp. Wisp imo is a joke. Gara's 2 with her augments makes her a far more better endgame support/dmg frame. Gara's 2 give you health and ACTUAL dmg reduction of 90%. ( no, it's not trin but it's a day and night difference. Your teammates health won't even drop when you build over 135% power strength.) Wisp's four is awful for anything above 30. Unlike gara's 4  that can protect , scale, and has synergy with her 2. (Also her 1 can count as a melee multiplier.)  

Trin is so rare. But I would love to see her in my games outside of eso. Her dmg reduction and energy is always wonderful for every frame to have.If you enjoy wisp, awesome. No one isn't stopping the hundreds from playing her. But I look at frames more then their @ss. 

26 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

And what good way would that be that allows for balance? So far as I see it we're at a point where we function too high for any form of feasible balance without pulling back the scale of our powers, we've out scaled infinite scaling, that's the summation of our current state and that isn't something you can buff out. Making everyone a Saryn with a touch of Octavia won't balance the game, it would only augment the heights of the issues those designs present to the game, which is the loss of meaningful combat, the impossibility of adequate game balance and growing difficulty, the homogenization of kit design/role potential, and the utter destruction of complimentary team play. In that sense there isn't really a "good way" to buff everything else, only good ways to nerf/rebalance them. 

Just bringing everything up while the more positive sounding solution isn't actually a viable way to solve this games problems, not in terms of practicality or in terms of end results. 

6 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

And what good way would that be that allows for balance? So far as I see it we're at a point where we function too high for any form of feasible balance without pulling back the scale of our powers, we've out scaled infinite scaling, that's the summation of our current state and that isn't something you can buff out. Making everyone a Saryn with a touch of Octavia won't balance the game, it would only augment the heights of the issues those designs present to the game, which is the loss of meaningful combat, the impossibility of adequate game balance and growing difficulty, the homogenization of kit design/role potential, and the utter destruction of complimentary team play. In that sense there isn't really a "good way" to buff everything else, only good ways to nerf/rebalance them. 

Just bringing everything up while the more positive sounding solution isn't actually a viable way to solve this games problems, not in terms of practicality or in terms of end results. 

I am still baffled at people asking for balance on a PvE game.

12 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

What can I say, wanting a good gameplay experience is pretty universal. 

2 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

HA! HA! HA!

You just contradicted yourself with this response. (Recap: "Wukong wasn't outperforming anyone in missions.")

Don't bother to reply, you lost your credibility with this discussion.

The fact that you're so desperate to have a point that you need to quote half a sentence out of context is really quite pathetic.

How about you quote the entire sentence and try that argument again, ay cupcake?

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Welcome to the forums. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb VanFanel1980mx:

Because of multiplayer I guess.

56 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

Because of multiplayer I guess.

Yes but the way people ask for balance here is only because they are obsessed with the "kill steal" stuff, I understand a lot of frames and weapons can screw others but that's still just stupid if you ask me, I would rather ask for small buffs and adjustments that would allow more players to share the glory, for example, it would be great for Harrow to have players within range of Thurible to contribute to his energy gains at least marginally, sometimes having a repeat frame like the aforementioned Saryn screws both, in those cases I was wondering what would happen if multiple Saryn shared the same infection pool and were able to contribute with their own Spore casting, some people also mentioned the things that need nerfing are actually the enemies and their scaling, if you ask me Profit-Taker should go back to not being the special snowflake that ignores armor reduction, we got Wolf and the Thumpers having armor as health so what's the point of excluding certain enemies from certain mechanics when DE can just cheat by adding more damage reduction and "non-health" to health pools just so they can pad fights that are already a mess?

People use nuke frames out of necessity more than personal choice, CC was killed long ago because some devs refuse to embrace player creativity and pragmatic solutions, if nukeframes are the problem that's because there is no room for creative workarounds.

23 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Yes but the way people ask for balance here is only because they are obsessed with the "kill steal" stuff

Killing things = fun.

Getting lots of kills = having lots of fun.

Watching someone else kill lots of things = not having lots of fun.

I don't know about you, but I like having fun when I play video games.

25 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

People use nuke frames out of necessity

That's nonsense and you know it, people use Nuke frames because it's easy. The only place where there's an argument for nuking being a necessity is ESO, but given every obtainable reward can be gotten without a Nuke frame it's only a necessity if you're going for a high score, which is pretty irrelevant imo.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb VanFanel1980mx:
Spoiler

Yes but the way people ask for balance here is only because they are obsessed with the "kill steal" stuff, I understand a lot of frames and weapons can screw others but that's still just stupid if you ask me, I would rather ask for small buffs and adjustments that would allow more players to share the glory, for example, it would be great for Harrow to have players within range of Thurible to contribute to his energy gains at least marginally, sometimes having a repeat frame like the aforementioned Saryn screws both, in those cases I was wondering what would happen if multiple Saryn shared the same infection pool and were able to contribute with their own Spore casting, some people also mentioned the things that need nerfing are actually the enemies and their scaling, if you ask me Profit-Taker should go back to not being the special snowflake that ignores armor reduction, we got Wolf and the Thumpers having armor as health so what's the point of excluding certain enemies from certain mechanics when DE can just cheat by adding more damage reduction and "non-health" to health pools just so they can pad fights that are already a mess?

I don't think there's any obsession about kill stealing and frames screwing other frames over. It's because of the uselessness of any other frame at most of the content. It becomes even more stupid when you see new frames beeing released and instantly outclassed by nuke frames. Don't mix up this issue with general balancing. Just take an Oberon into a regular defense mission. There'll be at least one or two Saryns or Mesas. Those frames are not simply stealing your kills, they do nothing less than making your entire presence completely useless.

Zitat

People use nuke frames out of necessity more than personal choice, CC was killed long ago because some devs refuse to embrace player creativity and pragmatic solutions, if nukeframes are the problem that's because there is no room for creative workarounds.

You were baffled at people asking for balance. I think you found the answer. :) It's availability not necessity.

7 hours ago, moostar95 said:

Wisp. Complex. Wow, never had I read such a troll response. I've been playing the hell out of gara and comparing her to wisp. Wisp imo is a joke. Gara's 2 with her augments makes her a far more better endgame support/dmg frame. Gara's 2 give you health and ACTUAL dmg reduction of 90%. ( no, it's not trin but it's a day and night difference. Your teammates health won't even drop when you build over 135% power strength.) Wisp's four is awful for anything above 30. Unlike gara's 4  that can protect , scale, and has synergy with her 2. (Also her 1 can count as a melee multiplier.)  

Trin is so rare. But I would love to see her in my games outside of eso. Her dmg reduction and energy is always wonderful for every frame to have.If you enjoy wisp, awesome. No one isn't stopping the hundreds from playing her. But I look at frames more then their @ss. 

Dude, I can tell you dont know anything about wisp. Wisp is a monster. "Her 4 isnt good past 30"? I can only lol. You must be running around without your buffs and without holding r2 to make it stronger. Also, dont focus it on the higher armored units. You kill all the trash enemies and let the projectiles do the rest.

Wisp is also one of the best melee frames in the game. You get the attack speed. She doesnt come out of invisibility during ground slam. On top of that, her 3 is a blind which causes enemies to release projectile bolts when damaged. I've seen them hit for ridiculous numbers. If you blind an entire room of enemies and start swinging, you with just obliterate them. 

Lastly, fire rate on certain weapons is so op. I love it. You're entitled to your opinion about wisp. If you dont like her, that's cool, but I think maybe you just didnt take your time with her

4 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

CC was killed long ago because some devs refuse to embrace player creativity and pragmatic solutions, if nukeframes are the problem that's because there is no room for creative workarounds.

See, now this is why I personally want balance.

Room-wide infinite hard CC, invisibility/immortality spam and nukes all lead to one-size-fits-all solutions. The vast majority of missions, environments and enemies play the same when they can't move, can't hurt you or die before you see them. Not exactly much room for creative play there, let alone the fast, freeform combat I know and love.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Cubewano:

https://i.ibb.co/Q88MB6x/Forum-Clap.png

6 hours ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

Dude, I can tell you dont know anything about wisp. Wisp is a monster. "Her 4 isnt good past 30"? I can only lol. You must be running around without your buffs and without holding r2 to make it stronger. Also, dont focus it on the higher armored units. You kill all the trash enemies and let the projectiles do the rest.

Wisp is also one of the best melee frames in the game. You get the attack speed. She doesnt come out of invisibility during ground slam. On top of that, her 3 is a blind which causes enemies to release projectile bolts when damaged. I've seen them hit for ridiculous numbers. If you blind an entire room of enemies and start swinging, you with just obliterate them. 

Lastly, fire rate on certain weapons is so op. I love it. You're entitled to your opinion about wisp. If you dont like her, that's cool, but I think maybe you just didnt take your time with her

I know about the damn attack speed. I just don't care for it. Learn about opinions please. I lol when people think they want convince me to play frames I don't want to play as.  

Friendly reminder :  Saryn, Volt and Ignis Wraith ruin all the fun for other people in your squad. Also the fidget spinner playstyle.

Refrain from using those.

2 hours ago, moostar95 said:

I know about the damn attack speed. I just don't care for it. Learn about opinions please. I lol when people think they want convince me to play frames I don't want to play as.  

Definitely wasnt trying to convince you to play her. Just wanted to tell you everything you're saying is wrong

13 minutes ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

Definitely wasnt trying to convince you to play her. Just wanted to tell you everything you're saying is wrong

Everything you just said is wrong."maybe you didn't take your time with her". I did. Didn't like her. Deal with it.   Let's not derail this thread. 

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

Friendly reminder :  Saryn, Volt and Ignis Wraith ruin all the fun for other people in your squad. Also the fidget spinner playstyle.

Refrain from using those.

They ruin the fun only  during star chart missions. Nobody used saryn or volt during old arbitrations survivals because or they died after 20 minutes or anyway every inaros with a decent weapon and maiming strike destroyed everything first of volt or saryn... The problems is not saryn or volt or equinox, it's the stupid game level setted on retard mode! If this was a serious game you would need both saryn, an healer and a real tank during a mission to survive but clearly some frames are designed only to sell good!

58 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

Everything you just said is wrong."maybe you didn't take your time with her". I did. Didn't like her. Deal with it.   Let's not derail this thread. 

Play wisp. Dont derail your life

6 minutes ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

Play wisp. Dont derail your life

No, if you needed this frame so much. Maybe you should stop derailing your taste in frames :3

20 hours ago, Sajochi said:

I don't have enough fingers to count how many people ping DeMonkey anytime there's an update or thread about Wukong. It doesn't make him all knowing, but he sure as hell knows a lot more than you about Wukong.

HA! HA! HA!

That is sad that you and others are willing to idolize anyone who posts on a forum about their favorite warframe.

[ Perhaps, I should start posting about Loki (my main) so you can idolize me too.] 

20 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Well I know Wukong feels the best he's ever felt for me and I wouldn't trade what we have now for any of his past versions, so as far as I'm concerned he has only been vastly improved upon. 

There is no argument there, the changes to Wukong made him into a different warframe now. Unfortunately, his immortality is now limited, which was one of his best abilities when playing as him in the past.

[ Before, a Player just needed to equip "Rage" mod to enable him to maintain his Defy ability with energy to be immortal, but now there are passive values to avoid Death, while the ability itself was also changed from being a passive to a duration ability when in use.]

Passive Values:  

• Primal Forces (300% elemental damage for 60 seconds.)
  • Heavenly Cloak (Invisibility for 30 seconds.)
  • Cosmic Armour  (Invulnerable for  30 seconds.)
  • Monkey Luck (Extra loot drops for 60 seconds.
  • Sly Alchemy (Orbs 4x more effective for 60 seconds.)

Wukong was nerfed hard by this change.