Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames and weapons you wish would get a nerf

Tbh. we should just nerf the dev team and let Pablo do all the reworks and balancing... (not the Saryn types of balancing, let him watch worst fashionframe compilations and be forcefed with tacos while continously bouncetrapped by angry Vauban-mains)

Then we could nerf Baro's trolling skills and the community's noobing skills too.

One and only one suggestion - Limit all AoE powers to line of sight except from what could make sense, Mag's 3rd or Nova's 4th for example. But everything from fire to electricity or spores shouldn't be able to pass through walls and doors. Thus we would see people actually playing  Saryn right (spreading spores) instead of stupidly spamming 4th, which is by no means a way to play her. Semi afk isn't playing.

Edited by 000l000
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

Tip: Read the thread you're responding to. You might be in for a surprise.

I did read through it.

Warframe is a PVE Game. Saying that something is "Overpowered" and "needs to be nerfed" is stupid and childish as most things can only be overpowered by putting in a lot of time and effort. Rivens specifically is where I was really annoyed when they nerfed it. Twice. I have a Twin Gremlins Riven that gave me 413% more damage but because of both nerfs, it went down a total of 60% and made a large impact on a build that took me months to perfect, ruining my experience. Don't @ me

Here's a suggestion:

Create a Dark Souls mode, which  you can just turn on in matchmaking settings, and applies to the whole game, so all the nerf lovers will automatically find matches with other nerf lovers in the same lobby for any mission they try to queue for in the game.

Dark Souls Mode: Player suffers debuffs from all 4 dragon keys. Low Energy Mode enabled constantly. Enemy elemental enhancement. Enemy physical enhancement. No Forma-ed gear allowed. No Rivens allowed. No mods that boost ability strength/eff/duration/range allowed. No umbra mods allowed. No acolyte mods. No primed mods. No quick thinking. No energy capacity mods. And lastly, No fun allowed.

Enjoy.

The rest of us who like the game as it currently is, can enjoy it in peace.

Edited by Xepthrichros

4 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Is Warframe too casual?

Absolutely. I was playing the other day and found out that my squadmates weren't even wearing full business attire. Two were wearing t-shirts and one guy apparently didn't have a shirt on at all. He said it was "too hot"! Like if that's any excuse. 

/s

Let people play how they want to play, Tenno. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, stormy505 said:

Yea, no. How often do you actually see Octavia being played? Cause I haven't seen one in the past month. Similar case for equinox. Outside of eso, the playground for DPS frames. I hardly see them in normal missions. if you really think that the only way to match this fictional 'extreme performer' is by making nuke frames. Then I'm really glad you're not a dev.

Octavia is rare becasue she is boring and meh at farming/nukeing low levels
play the farming zones more often I see equinox more on Helene than I see her in ESO. but saryn is far easier to play and get (out side of the prime) 
also her kit is better in solo for exp farms as well as it more than kinda sucks out side of sleep and maim

Edited by spirit_of_76
  • Like 1

vor 58 Minuten schrieb InfinitusPhoenix:

Game has 0 challenge these days.

Nothing I farm for feels rewarding anymore.

I don't even see the point of playing anymore, except running with max speed Volt on eidolon for fun.

But this is where the fun ends.

Still waiting for the explanation.

Also, you are not even half way through the game. But you talk like this. dafuq.

3 minutes ago, -VS-Zany said:

Still waiting for the explanation.

Also, you are not even half waythroughthe game. But you talk like this. dafuq.

What do you mean? I cleared all star chart, did all sorties/void missions/eso/cetus/fortuna/eidolon/events/alerts/all story quests.

I finished the game. Farming for every single frame and weapon isn't content. It's just braindead farm for people with no life.

Edited by InfinitusPhoenix
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Xydeth said:

there have been enough threads with essays about this topic, i dont like copy pasting my own stuff neither repeating it just because someone writes "discuss !"

there is not a single frame that really needs "brain" and there are enough frames who clear the starchart the same/better than she does. she needs enemies who actually allow her to ramp her spore up and keep it going. ESO is the start of where saryn can shine and noone has to play anything above that level for sure but then u wont really meet a lot of saryns and anything especially significantly below doesnt care about her anti-armor or corr/viral/toxin elemental combo. u can use volt just the same, hell even frosts 4 can be built to wipe. mesa is much faster and her dps is also much higher, her only limit is LoS but on many maps thats not an issue, even in ESO ive outdmged a saryn with mesa. equinox can also easily wipe and nothing about any of these requires "brain".

I never said that saryn was the only brainles frame I stated that she was one of them.  as far as nukes go they don't use her one until hydron and just build  strength and range for her 4 and while Volt dose the same thing he is a tad slower (and a shade unintuitive as to how to do it)  
mesa pleas I have done it with an Valk and a pole arm no riven no meming just eternal war an the ocasional use of her 4 for health regen or resses.  the game does not take a lot of thought but some frames take more than others.  saryn gets the brunt of it for being particularly easy but mesa is in the same boat I hat running mission with mesas nuke gara... but as I have said in this thread I want to play the game not blaze trough missions saryn is by far not the most broken thing but the squeakiest wheel.  look at the larkspur it is nuts for up to mid level add clear and the gratler does not function as it should (direct hits are not rewarded but discouraged) the game needs work and while I will say that saryn could eat a nerf she is by far not the only one the needs a over haul kit and mechanics wise.  we need more support, buff, and platform frames in the game every one says zeph is bad but they never bother to look at what her kit has to offer when it comes to missions and staying alive.  

vor 2 Minuten schrieb InfinitusPhoenix:

What do you mean? I cleared all star chart, did all sorties/void missions/eso/cetus/fortuna/eidolon/events/alerts/all story quests.

I finished the game. Farming for every single frame and weapon isn't content. It's just braindead farm for people with no life.

Funfact. Thats incorrect. No Eidolons done as an example.
You maybe play since years, but that does not change the fact that you have actually no clue what you are talking about

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Game has 0 challenge these days.

Nothing I farm for feels rewarding anymore.

I don't even see the point of playing anymore, except running with max speed Volt on eidolon for fun.

But this is where the fun ends.

It's because DE are too lazy to implement proper game mechanics, proper A.I., scaling and an overall balanced experience so they go with the power fantasy route which doesn't require much effort but most of the playerbase still eats it as it was a great thing, because they don't know any better.

Compare it to a tactical stealth game like SC or MGS, or even just a horde killer like Mount and Blade which is still able to present some challenge compared to WF even though that game is a cheesefest, or Jedi Academy/Outcast with force abilities and bullet-deflecting sabers with a PvP that is more balanced than everything WF has.

Imagine where the Sniper Elite games would be if the developers listened to some players moaning because the game has bullet physics or Starcraft if they changed the game because 'zerg op, i can't use all my fingers at the same time to micromanage'.

Pretty sure most of the powercreep-happy casualized WF playerbase aren't even old enough to have heard of most of these games.

Nowadays every game needs to be a boring, unfun and braindead Cookie Clicker, because most people never learned to play, thus you get a high concentration of players who facetank with a meta frame like Rhino or Mesa and still think the game is challenging, then people like that cater to these games and it becomes a vicious cycle of noobery where people rather find an afk. way to progress than actually play the game, because it's so dumbed down and boring.

7 minutes ago, kgabor said:

It's because DE are too lazy to implement proper game mechanics, proper A.I., scaling and an overall balanced experience so they go with the power fantasy route which doesn't require much effort but most of the playerbasestilleats it as it was a great thing, because they don't know any better.

Compare it to a tactical stealth game like SC or MGS, or even just a horde killer like Mount and Blade which is still able topresent some challenge compared to WF even though that game is a cheesefest, or Jedi Academy/Outcast with force abilities and bullet-deflecting sabers with a PvPthat is more balanced than everything WF has.

Imagine where the Sniper Elite games would be if the developers listened to some players moaning because the game has bullet physics or Starcraft if they changed the game because 'zergop, ican't use all my fingers at the same time to micromanage'.

Pretty suremost of the powercreep-happycasualized WF playerbasearen't even old enough to have heard of most of these games.

Nowadays every game needs to be a boring, unfunandbraindead Cookie Clicker, because most people never learned to play, thus you get a high concentration of players who facetankwith a meta frame like Rhino or Mesa and still think the game is challenging, then people like that cater to these games and it becomes a vicious cycle of nooberywhere people rather find an afk. way to progress than actually play the game, because it's so dumbeddown and boring.

I honestly don't get these casuals.

If they want to feel like Gods then they could just do the lower tier missions. Let DE make something challenging for people that want to use their brain.

Spamming 1 or 2 ability buttons forever in a mission, while occasionally moving around and using your weapon will only lower your iq and make the game less appealing. 

Literally, a 5 year old can solo anything in this game with braindead frames like Saryn, Mesa and etc.

Edited by InfinitusPhoenix
  • Like 2

vor 10 Minuten schrieb InfinitusPhoenix:

Let DE make something challenging for people that want to use their brain.

Kill 5 or 6 times 3 Eidolons a night.  Srsly. You want hard content? PLAY THE GAME. You litterly did not even know what the profit taker is. You are talking about Saryn, but did not even leveld her to lvl 30. What are you? Pls dont tell me you think you are a veteran cause you play this game since 2015.
90% of the ppl in this thread are all like "I dont like the game, change it to an other game pllllzzzzz" - thats not how this works kids.

Edited by -VS-Zany
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, kgabor said:

It's because DE are too lazy to implement proper game mechanics, proper A.I., scaling and an overall balanced experience so they go with the power fantasy route which doesn't require much effort but most of the playerbase still eats it as it was a great thing, because they don't know any better.

it takes time and skills that they might not have that and some potatos are holding them back as is the player bace with it's insentient screams of more content now.

34 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Compare it to a tactical stealth game like SC or MGS, or even just a horde killer like Mount and Blade which is still able to present some challenge compared to WF even though that game is a cheesefest, or Jedi Academy/Outcast with force abilities and bullet-deflecting sabers with a PvP that is more balanced than everything WF has.

I can't say any thing for the other games you listed I have never even see some one play any of them but by looking at this game's commentary it is doing better in the balance department Destiny (as bad of a comparison as it is) has catastrophic balance problems that make saryn and vuban look fine in comparison. as far as why I will blame DE's dificulty with understanding math.  

38 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Imagine where the Sniper Elite games would be if the developers listened to some players moaning because the game has bullet physics or Starcraft if they changed the game because 'zerg op, i can't use all my fingers at the same time to micromanage'.

ok I actualy agree with this one there is a certain amount of Get Good needed in the player bace as well as less instant gratification but some enimies were a slog and that was it remember the wolf and yes he was a total wimp to baruke or Valk (hell a well modded melee on a heavy/ supported tank was enough) but with our gunns he was a total slog a could one shot frames at level he had not business one shotting and I liked to fight him he took effort and a reason to not bring my fun total meme load out into missing and if he was better desighend would be a great addition to the game as he is ehh i don't care enough (enemies like him could be used to bring back CC frames)

45 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Pretty sure most of the powercreep-happy casualized WF playerbase aren't even old enough to have heard of most of these games.

not with 3 of the mentioned game's popularity but I like the more causeal feel of WF how ever I also want a reason to make my kit as powerful as possible out side of flexing.  

46 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Nowadays every game needs to be a boring, unfun and braindead Cookie Clicker, because most people never learned to play, thus you get a high concentration of players who facetank with a meta frame like Rhino or Mesa and still think the game is challenging, then people like that cater to these games and it becomes a vicious cycle of noobery where people rather find an afk. way to progress than actually play the game, because it's so dumbed down and boring.

agreed to an extent but when I am killed in a forced statc animation in less than a second I is frustrating or when despite useing anti CC I am sitll being CCed is more than a little frustrating.  I think that rhino could eat more than a few changes (read nerfs to iron skin) but that is not all that is needed and I agree that the players are more than part of the problem the other part is the bad DE math and leting frames like saryn and mesa in the game in the first place now they need to do something that will anoy the fans who are requiered to get money so that they can make the game... that is the down fall of the instant gratification society and F2P game systems.  

to fix the game 3 things would need to happen 

DE get more skilled staff
a better more reliable revenuer stream
the player's and society change for the better and "work for things" and be patient.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

I honestly don't get these casuals.

If they want to feel like Gods then they could just do the lower tier missions. Let DE make something challenging for people that want to use their brain.

Spamming 1 or 2 ability buttons forever in a mission, while occasionally moving around and using your weapon will only lower your iq and make the game less appealing. 

Literally, a 5 year old can solo anything in this game with braindead frames like Saryn, Mesa and etc.

same but they need to fix some other systems before that can happen how ever I would love to see T3 moved up to LV 60 and T4 have a reason to be played (that is not kuva) sorties starting at LV 100... personally I think the bounties Level scheme should be moved to the star chart with T5 bounty rewards and such where t4 is now (sedan void and kuva fortress + some derelict missions but higher levels would not be amiss)

they also need to go though and balance all mission rewards with their complication time/mission tier. then give endless missions past 1 rotation a boon of some sorts (I was thinking extra roll on the reward).  some ting to the efect of survival gets 100% relic drop chance but excavation is about how it is but it could be more efficient if you are good at the mode.  the new mission was a good step but added to much at one for testing purposes and has a ok reward pool where it needed at lest one of the pools to be perfect farming.  

18 hours ago, stormy505 said:

Yea, no. How often do you actually see Octavia being played? Cause I haven't seen one in the past month. Similar case for equinox. Outside of eso, the playground for DPS frames. I hardly see them in normal missions. if you really think that the only way to match this fictional 'extreme performer' is by making nuke frames. Then I'm really glad you're not a dev.

People have quoted during a prime time, "moving forward with reworks we will try to focus on the more positivity received reworks." Kinda a paraphrase but I digress. I assume they're planing to make vauban actually able to kill things and I imagine they will do the same for the few underpowered frames in the game. 

That isn't really relevant is it? This topic is about broad power balance, Octavia scales infinitely without impunity, Equinox does as well to a slightly higher barrier of thought, and both exist in an overwhelming state that conflicts with the ability to create engaging/difficult content, subsequently harming supports as entire category, and also providing a less than satisfactory situation for co-operative play. Instead of speaking with feelings, perhaps speak with objective truths of the matter, and the implications of these kinds of power designs on the game. How would you undercut the value of nukes in this game without making other frames nukes for instance? If a frame can clean a room in a single cast, how do you as a frame without that kind of massive area coverage manage to get kills/be engaged as well? And how do you expect support roles to factor in without changes to it? Enemy opposition? What are your actual solutions? 

As for whatever inconclusive quote that is, assuming it is even accurate, I'm sure you can appreciate how incredibly vague and meaningless such a statement is. We will focus on most positively received reworks? That delivers zero actual information on their plans. Last devstream Scott said he had no idea what they were going to do with Vauban, that's something explicit, several devstreams ago Rebecca talked about the cross road between power creep and the death of cc and how uncertain they were on what road they should go in regards to Vauban (he is more or less the poster boy for that debate) which is explicit information, last week or the week prior to that Rebecca mentioned in a guest stream that there were on going discussions about how they could create a renewed value in CC and perhaps ways they could bring down other performers so that support was valuable again, that's information you can actually piece together, and it suggests DE is unsure but has some will to want to try and fix cc, not forgo it free willing for a pure dps game state. That they want to follow positively received reworks is puff that doesn't suggest anything other than that they hope you like their future reworks which means nothing. 

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 1

On 2019-07-30 at 2:24 PM, DeMonkey said:

Well, there goes any credibility you may have had. Wukong wasn't outperforming anyone in missions, and has only been made better with the rework.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Wukong has been nerfed many times before the rework and was the only true immortal warframe.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-30 at 7:00 PM, moostar95 said:

this game is a causal fest. people don't complain because the very nature of the game itself is easy.  also saryn doesn't need help. most dps players don't need help unless they're being  awful. being a support frame in most start chart missions is dead. stop lying to yourself and other people. 

Hmm depends on missions, i regulary play Wisp and having a support on the team can be quite usefull at times (healing, speed and cc buffs), especielly for the newer players that dont have so well modded frames and weapons. Tbh, outside ESO, i rarely see saryns and equinoxes and while i understand that some frames create some issues, its better to take a look at where and why you find these strong frames in the places you do. Saryns Spores works great with ESO due mob density but as soon as the last mob dies off, your 2k dps spores go down to like 100 dps in a few seconds. In regular missions its no point using her at all due things die so fast that you cant build spores and spamming her ult is just waste of energy. Equinox is a issue due how her ult works but she falls in same category as saryn, things die too fast to be worth casting maim. Considering we have nullifiers and different types of nullies almost everywhere now, those frames dont have much use for corpus missions anyway. 

Oh and both Ember and Banshee needs a rework, they are quite outdated and surpassed to the trash pile atm 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

Wukong has been nerfed many times before the rework and was the only true immortal warframe.

Bugs have been fixed several times.

Being truly immortal only allows you to outperform other frames at incredibly high levels, and since those levels are completely and utterly irrelevant to any discussions, you have no point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

You mean to tell me that the most well known Wukong main on the forums doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to Wukong?