Lazarow

Sprinting is mostly useless

As everyone knows sprinting is way less effective that bulletjumping, so with bulletjumping having replaced sprinting since forever, some frames should get more sprint that they do and by some I mean most. Its kkind of unlogical to have a buff rhino who is heavy to have pretty much the same speed as excalibur with only 0.05 in differance and prime versions have the same speed, we also have hildryn who is same as rhino in build and has 1.00 sprint which is same as excalibur, like come on excalibur is not that heavy he can get around 1.15 and this is just a suggestion other need to be looked into, With gauss coming and we have volt and wisp to go fast other are so slow and even then they mostly rely on their abilities to go fast so since warframe is a fast paced game its logical sprint speed to increase, even walking speed should be increased in speed or just not have walking and always be sprinting

• Applause 1

If I remember correctly, in a devstream it was mentioned that the “sprint/run” toggle system might be looked at in the near future.

Yes will be nice to be on default anyway need more speed, actually it feel slow and not practique at all in real scenario.

Sprinting has use blended into Parkour, but putting effort into your movement as a Player is not required to get to Extraction in a Mission, no.
but, it is still useful. i know you probably won't but if you wanted to see what tools make impacts on Parkour, it's more easily observed in Conclave where your Player Movement is actually tested for your mastery of it.

• Applause 2

46 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

.......I use "Rush" Mod on nearly every Warframe I play.....

Why? It costs 11 mod slots and give a 30% boost in movement speed, something that is totally unnecessary considering bullet jumping exists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sharkstrangler said:

Why? It costs 11 mod slots and give a 30% boost in movement speed, something that is totally unnecessary considering bullet jumping exists.

Because I like the feeling of sprinting faster than I do Bullet Jumping CONSTANTLY and/or being ultra Meta Builds only? Cause I'm playing a game and playing it the way I wanna?

• Like 1
  • Applause 6

I can very much agree that sprinting in its current state feels largely useless, due to the relatively small difference between sprinting and running speeds. My personal ideal would be to increase the base movespeed of frames and instead replace sprinting with a toggle to K-Drives across all missions, with an altered movement scheme to allow for easier maneuvering and instant dismounting upon using a weapon or ability. It'd obviously be pretty tech-heavy, and would be unlikely to work properly without sufficient updates to older tilesets a la Corpus Gas City, but would help make for a clear difference in speed, as well as make K-Drives more frequent and easier to mount across the whole game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Because I like the feeling of sprinting faster than I do Bullet Jumping CONSTANTLY and/or being ultra Meta Builds only? Cause I'm playing a game and playing it the way I wanna?

Yeah me too, I mostly use wisp now and have speed drift as exilus(plan to change it to Rush or what the +30% mod is when I put the 3rd forma in) and combined with her haste mote she is very fast and can make allies go faster which is also good. Thing is I only use wisp so I dont bulletjump which requires a lot of button spam and is annoying and sprinting being made faster would cut bulletjumping+roll as main way to get around

12 hours ago, sharkstrangler said:

Bc bulletjumping isn't the fastest to move around, unless you need to get to a higher platform (vertical movement).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Isn't Sprint + Slide Boost + Roll much faster than bulletjumping?

A lot faster.

5 hours ago, 3tomatoes said:

A lot faster.

Wrong, unless you're using Nezha.

Bullet Jump + Jump + Roll is much, MUCH faster.

• Like 2

Let players be in control of when and/or if they want increases to their characters movement speed.

The desire for faster and faster movement is not universal among all players, so changes involving such components should take into consideration that fact.

If a player wants more speed, they have access to mods that provide this.

• Applause 1

Speak for yourself. Different speeds are appropriate at different times and different circumstances.

What we need is sprint (at least on controllers) option for toggle like we have now and/or we sprint at whatever speed depending on how far forward the joy stick is tilted. So walking at joystick barely pushed forward and full sprint at full tilt.  

Eh. This isn't correct.

Sprint Speed directly affects your momentum between other combat maneuvers. All of them.

The claim that bullet jumping is faster than Sprint assumes that you're only using Sprint and in every situation that should not be the case. I actually have an old video showing how Sprint speed affects maneuvers. The quality sucks cuz it's ancient but you'll notice.

Spoiler

Right side is Rush while 2nd timed playback is Rush. In this case it was macro use of Dodge roll while holding Sprint to remove manual variance.

You can actually make Dodge roll spam fast as Bullet Jumping without the Z axis benefit in exchange for 75% DR.

At any rate Sprint Speed makes you faster in general. Simple as that. Should you mod for it? That's up to you. I use both Rush and Amalgam Serration on most frames because they feel considerably more fluid in their play speed. Loki / Rhino and some of the faster ones are amazing while 1.0 speed frames feel tolerable.

I have been meaning to report a physics bug with high amounts of Sprint Speed though. There are cases when you can bounce across the ground if you rapidly change direction with ~2.0 Sprint Speed. It's like a car losing traction on a turn. Very odd and started with the Melee 2.9 patch.

On 2019-07-30 at 2:48 PM, sharkstrangler said:

Wrong, unless you're using Nezha.

Bullet Jump + Jump + Roll is much, MUCH faster.

or unless you're using something to increase movement speed, but in a actual gameplay, both are important.

There are many situations and rooms (e.g. low ceiling, natural obstacles, short distances) where Sprint+Slide+Roll is better, and there are also many situations and rooms (e.g. sets of stairs, gaps) where you're much better off Bulletjumping + Jump + Roll.

Posted (edited)
On 2019-07-30 at 4:17 AM, Teridax68 said:

I can very much agree that sprinting in its current state feels largely useless, due to the relatively small difference between sprinting and running speeds. My personal ideal would be to increase the base movespeed of frames and instead replace sprinting with a toggle to K-Drives across all missions, with an altered movement scheme to allow for easier maneuvering and instant dismounting upon using a weapon or ability. It'd obviously be pretty tech-heavy, and would be unlikely to work properly without sufficient updates to older tilesets a la Corpus Gas City, but would help make for a clear difference in speed, as well as make K-Drives more frequent and easier to mount across the whole game.

Though i would like the EXCUSE to make k-drives more used, very sure the devstream that mentioned changing how the sprint/walk was more towards removing walking and put a sneaking mode or something instead. K-drive `toggle mode` would just turn into Volt`s speed ability with even worst flaws if not properly designed, combined with the slightly raised elevation, non-OW maps being very narrow, easy to get knocked off the board, effects of boost/k-drive speed mods, etc. It would just be people running into walls constantly.

If they are going to improve sprint they really just need to give all frames about a .3 to .5 bonus to existing sprint, with a heavy dose of movement fluidity so things do not feel so janky. I honestly donno why Wisp`s haste mote move buff feels alot better then Volt`s but it might be due to several other factors, but in all honestly, i wish Volt simply got his movement bonus peeled back a bit and just give him something else so the Speed-volt sillyness can stop, since i have to literally backflip every time a volt casts speed on me, or feel nauseasted by how janky a high power-str volt move buff feels.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

I learned we have damage reduction on both rolling and bullet jumping so yeah sprinting is a no go

What? can you provide where you got that from, I thought it was just harder for them to hit you i didnt know damage reduction

On 2019-08-02 at 4:17 PM, Avienas said:

Though i would like the EXCUSE to make k-drives more used, very sure the devstream that mentioned changing how the sprint/walk was more towards removing walking and put a sneaking mode or something instead.

That is true, though I personally don't think a sneaking mode is really appropriate for Warframe either: even when being stealthy, we tend to be pretty fast, and there's no real reason to have a special speed setting just for sneaking, not even in Spy vaults or the like.

K-drive `toggle mode` would just turn into Volt`s speed ability with even worst flaws if not properly designed, combined with the slightly raised elevation, non-OW maps being very narrow, easy to get knocked off the board, effects of boost/k-drive speed mods, etc. It would just be people running into walls constantly.

Volt's Speed is troublesome because it's inflicted upon other players without them being able to decide when to have it, as opposed to a super-sprint mode that one would turn on or off for oneself. For sure, running at K-Drive speeds would not work well in older tilesets, but it would in the new Gas City tileset, and that's the standard being set for maps in the future. In this respect, our Parkour 2.0 isn't made for these older tiles either, nor would a faster sprint be necessary there, yet both are still desirable, and worth the short-term inconvenience in places (especially since you could simply run older tilesets without toggling the K-Drive on and do exactly what you'd be doing now).

If they are going to improve sprint they really just need to give all frames about a .3 to .5 bonus to existing sprint, with a heavy dose of movement fluidity so things do not feel so janky. I honestly donno why Wisp`s haste mote move buff feels alot better then Volt`s but it might be due to several other factors, but in all honestly, i wish Volt simply got his movement bonus peeled back a bit and just give him something else so the Speed-volt sillyness can stop, since i have to literally backflip every time a volt casts speed on me, or feel nauseasted by how janky a high power-str volt move buff feels.

I can agree that we should get more responsiveness to our movement, but ultimately a .3 or .5 boost to sprinting isn't really going to make us feel that much faster, and in the end there's still the issue of sprinting being essentially just better running. This is where the K-Drive fits better, because its movement scheme doesn't do better than regular movement in all situations, particularly in combat.

One of my biggest pet peeves with Warframe is that the fastest way to move across flat ground or narrow hallways is to salmon-flop and fling your body through the air. I'm of the opinion that Bullet Jumps should be predominantly for verticality and mobility across rough terrain, while some other fashion of ground-level movement should exist to cover flat ground. While I'd like the ability to use a K-Drive in missions, I feel that Sprint ought to be a LOT faster - fast enough to meet or exceed regular bullet jump application.