Sign in to follow this  
Stelios97

New shopping Feature

Hello , i am a new player and i was wondering why isn't there a merchant mechanics . 

for example

1)i set a shop somewhere 
2)i put X items on X prices
3) i go for missions/offline etc.. while the shop stays there
4) i return back to the shop & i withdraw the money

and i'm not talking about prime parts only , but resources as well...  some  people have limited time playing , and grinding for hours for some ingredients to make 1 weapon/frame etc..  is not an option most days of the week ..

in my opinion , we need this in the game 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Stelios97 said:

huh?

For the TL;DR; Its a massive sheetstorm of back and forth arguing on market chat is falling apart and changing it to something like a auction house like system will make it even worst. Both sides basically being a pair of rabid badgers tearing at eachothers throats, without D.E. intervening that much, due to likely being busy on working on new content more then fixing up very critical systems that are used quite often in warframe at the moment. Least until Semlar got tattled on by a bunch of jerkish players trying to get rid of him and his public friendly trackers.

Honestly, at this point i would rather additional work is done in SOME way to refine it better, because even reverting warframe`s marketing to work just like how maplestory did its OLD free market channel system back in the day, sounds alot more delicious then having to jump thru some seriously annoying hoops, of making enough plat for a deluxe skin bundle in a week, unless you have a massive stockpile of stuff you can sell from to earn value or it just so happens you had your hands on a bunch of relics/prime parts of a newly released frame/weapons or unvaulted one and it has only been a scarce few hours since they arrived.

Edited by Avienas

The basic answer is because new players like you would be driven out of trading altogether by veterans like me and the game would become more pay2win.  Just use the chat filters.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PatternistSlave said:

The basic answer is because new players like you would be driven out of trading altogether by veterans like me and the game would become more pay2win.  Just use the chat filters.

Honestly as a vet player, i still will keep saying it, even when that guzmanti guy comes to stalk me and slap me a big no on my comments.

• Filters don`t work for sheet if alot of people keep skipping out on key words, resulting even with a dozen proper filters in place to avoid most of the text slog, will not successfully block out most of the bad marketing messages. Which in turn, is going to scare away new players even more when they are seeking to earn some platinum, but they cant even get a proper idea on what to lock onto, since selling ayatan treasure, prime junk & relics in general does not work very well at all these days, atleast on PS4 & values can be circulating in bad ways so much, they would likely end up selling whole prime sets for less then 30 platinum in all the confusion.

Just to list some of the ones that could be used together and still ends up with bad trade text still popping around:

1. NOT wts (obvious one when one is only interested in selling things).
  2. wtb (so you only see wtb texts and combined with the one above it will at least filter out the troll slog text)
  3. NOT if (special text put in place cause you will get those IF wtb and IF wts text trolls that clearly do it to bypass the first 2 filters).
  4. NOT prime (when one is trying to sell simple stuff and does not want to get barraged by prime buyers, especially ones who want to list out 6 to 10 prime sets they want to buy all at once). Sometimes NOT p is also necessary since people just say *insert warframe name & part here* P. Sadly not as effective anymore.
  5. NOT riven & NOT riv (the standard text needed to gut out most `normal` riven mod text spam).
  6. NOT crit, sati, roll,  (due to how people always want crit-a or crit chance rivens, this one is to cut down a bit on riven text trash that are too lazy to even write down riven or riv. same applies to sati and roll on those same text catchings).
  7. NOT relic (because unless you are marketing in relics, you do not need to see dozens of spam on various named relics, with half of them likely being for vaulted relics at dirt cheap values).
  8. NOT % (part of a chain of NOTs to completely gut out seeing coupon spammer text).
  9. NOT 50%, 75%, discount, :Platinum: (some might argue that last one is unnecessary, but alot of huge text walls love to use the plat sign & the first 2 is also part of the coupon scam text squelching), discount being rather obvious on why to filter it out.
  10. NOT anything, everything (mainly cause wtb anything, have X platinum is an annoying recurring gag on market chat, same on those who want to buy `everything`).
  11. NOT both, free, gf, nude, nudes, lotus, omega (mainly more ways to catch trash text, since not everyone wants to see spam for lotus or omega kubrows, nor the usual trash text of nudes, girlfriend or free).

I could keep going on but you kind of get the idea on how many filters i had to put in place just to make market chat somewhat reasonable to read, yet i still run into constant text leaks of what i call spam text, since likely no one is going to sell/buy to that person. Taking a few of those filters off, can cause quite a bit of text to flood right in, where missing some of the texts is a necessary trade-off to avoid the spam text flood. If a vet has to put that many filters on just to be able to read market chat at a reasonable pace, can you expect a new player to tackle setting up even a quarter of those filters to have the ability to pick up sells/buys more easily?

P.S. It WOULD help if D.E. had a proper chain filter to condense multiple of these in one line of *search for messages with only these terms* and *exclude all messages with these terms* to save some hassle, since currently each one only runs at a time and they do not really interact well that much with each other in some regards.

Edited by Avienas

20 hours ago, Stelios97 said:

3) i go for missions/offline etc.. while the shop stays there
 4) i return back to the shop & i withdraw the money

This will not happen unless Plat is no longer tradable. You either buy it from them or you take time out of your life to trade it to someone.

21 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This will not happen unless Plat is no longer tradable. You either buy it from them or you take time out of your life to trade it to someone.

i'm not talking specifically about plat , we could sell stuff for credits too