Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Fix Saryn's Venom...

Eyepop

But without breaking the game with too many damage numbers, since that's the whole reason the DE nerfed it into its present state.

There are two ways to go about this, as far as I can see.  Either

1) Make the damage stack, instead of adding new ticks on.  For instance, if I pop a pustule that causes a 10 damage tick, everyone around who doesn't have stacks should receive stacks for 10 damage per tick.  Those who already have stacks should now receive 20 damage per tick.  This reduces the amount of strain on the engine relative to before, where stacking was done by adding new 10-damage ticks.

2) Make the pop damage scale with mod rank.  Presently the pop deals 25 damage, regardless of rank.  If this were changed to 24/50/75/100, it might be worth it to aim at pustules again.

Which would people prefer?  Which do you think DE is going to implement (if either)?

hey everyone please like this because we need de to notice.  you saw that mega thread about venom fix, it has so many views and replies more than many threads which have been noticed by de but it got ignored.  WE want venom back because saryn is almost unplayable now with no ability that can scale endgame (miasma sucks against high level S#&$).  Almost every frame has something u can use endgame even volt with that shield.  So please make this thread by eyepop noticed by giving it a plus 1.

Thank you.  

Ideally Venom should be reverted to its previous state with changes made only to fix the performance issues. If the ability would be considered too powerful for 25 energy then the cost can simply be increased to 50 to match Nova's Antimatter drop (another ability that scales well but requires a proper setup to utilize).

I got to play around with pre-nerf Venom only a little bit, but I can say a couple things...

It was a very deceptive skill in that it had virtually no utility at all when applied to low lvl enemies.

It was tremendously fun to use, essentially requiring the combo of power and weapon use.  It's effects on enemies was absolutley hilarious!  Now that I have acquired all Frames, my opinion is that it was the most fun, and involved, ability in the game.

You creative programmers and artists at DE can surely come up with a better solution to the performance issues than the current situation, and de-nerf it at the same time.:)

Wait, hold up! When did they nerf my vemon!? Left for U10 bugapolooza and now I hear Venom doesn't stack?

Update 9.7, the patch notes mention "Performance fixes for Venom crashing low-end computers".  Apparently this fix was just making Venom no longer stack, which does solve that problem but makes the ability completely useless.

WE NEED TO BE LOUDER!

In all seriousness, we actually need to be louder with this. Though Saryn's still an alright-Frame, she lost her best ability and one of the funnest (to me) to use, especially since you actually need to do something about it to have your "I-win", instead of pressing a single button.

However, I feel that this is far from DE's concern on the side of Warframes. I know they are looking at Ember, Trinity and so on, but if they made such a stealth-change (or "fix" if you want to call it that way, because I don't) that most Saryn users aren't content with, they shouldn't shrug it off (that's what it seems to me right now).

So hopefully they go look back at Saryn soon, along with such Frames like Banshee and Volt.

Edited by Casardis

I was gone since update 8. Took a well deserved break from warframe. I just came back and built Saryn whom I never used before. I saw many people using her around update 7 and 8, though, and she was really good/powerful (AKA her abilities were doing something good damage wise) but about 2 days ago, when I started playing Saryin (I'm lvl ~15 or so, potatoed and with all of her abilities maxed) and I have to admit, her 1 and 4 abilities seem to be lacking. Even at my lvl, using guns same lvl as me, it's always better for me to just shoot enemies in their weak spots (heads/knees are so easily shot at anyway) than to lose the time to cast venom than aim for the bubble and than wait for the dots to do their job while trying to pop other bubbles.

The Concept of poisonous abilities is really awesome (I love popping those lil bubbles, I really do, even if the damage is not worth my time). I love everything about Saryn, I prolly won't stop playing her once I max her, and even then I'll prolly forma her for the fun of it, but she is definitly subpar in damage when her 1 and 4 are compared to other warframes'.

Please DE, fix this!

I can accept even 75 energy if powerful Venom would return.

support to 1) making damage stack.

Yeah, switching Contagion and Venom costs if that's what needed is acceptable. At least then we'd feel like we're doing something when we venom targets.

As it is, I don't use Venom ever anymore.  I can add better damage to a fight with my unmodded Lato than with full-focus, popped-a-bunch Venom.

Ahh... So you make a new thread. Good job. The old one was left forgotten with no hope of bringing it back to spotlight.
+1

The venom's nerf bugged me so much that I stopped playing Saryn for a while, even she was my most favorite frame. Great suggestions about venom that could fix both performance drop and keep its uniqueness have already been proposed by many players, but DE ignored it completely. There's been many hotfixes and updates between 9.8 the present, but venom's issue has never been mentioned even once. Saryn's user will have to make our suggestion be heard!

I like it, would also be nice if they raised the Spore Max on enemies from 8~ to atleast 16 if they do make it so the DoT Damage Counters stack. Currently Venom is meh at higher levels as it does meager damage due to the Spore Limit and Pretty Nice damage at lower levels (45~) but that's really only if you can pop the spores BEFORE the enemy dies.

I like it, would also be nice if they raised the Spore Max on enemies from 8~ to atleast 16 if they do make it so the DoT Damage Counters stack. Currently Venom is meh at higher levels as it does meager damage due to the Spore Limit and Pretty Nice damage at lower levels (45~) but that's really only if you can pop the spores BEFORE the enemy dies.

Well that would make the spores easier to pop, but would recreate the issue where there were spores (and numbers) everywhere, bogging down low-end machines.  DE undoubtedly doesn't want to go in that direction again, or else why would they have made this change in the first place.

I personally find popping spores easy enough, but the reward for doing so far too lackluster.

Could it be that many ppl on these boards have never experience the fun of Venom and don't know what they are missing with these recent changes?  Is there hate for Venom- were there calls for a nerf?  Are ppl just grateful for the performance "fix"?

That Venom seems like a crap skill until you start fighting enemies that seriously resist your weapons surely has something to do with the first possibility.  Is there really such lack of interest in high lvl play?

Either way, it's very unfortunate a skill as fun and satisfying as venom has been so severely nerfed.  I don't see anyone posting here saying "thank god for that Venom nerf!"...

Please consider how the performance issues can be remedied without nerfing the skill!

:(