Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which melee weapons would you like added into Warframe?

TheGodofWiFi

Instead of adding new weapons, I'd like them to first fix the stances and damage values of their neglected weapons.  They are pitiful when compared to other weapon types.  For example:  Sword & Shield, Single-Hand Sword, etc.    

Edited by Alaeacus

So excuse the fanboying but I would love some type of dual purpose weapons like a sniper scythe that could take up both the main and weapon slot. Or a dedicated CQC pistol knife combo  

Other than that a sword sword that shoots rainbows and creates popcorn. 

Edited by (XB1)TJC569
  • Like 1

I'd like to see those... Uhmm... Feet weapons?Like blades attached to the heel, with corpus and grineer version being some type of reactor that deals electricity or flame damage.

Stances would consist in just kicks, taekwondo style. 

Whip swords would be cool too. 

And a chain looking whip, please xD

Edited by (PS4)DidacoJack

-A cane or maybe a cane whip. Think staff but maybe a bit shorter and one-handed. Imagine a primed cane or maybe a cane that is also like a shotgun...

-A Shield with a built in bow. It could work maybe like a gun blade but it's just a shield that has a built in bow. I think that'd be sick.

-A sword whip.

-For whips to actually be whips that have proper whip cracks for charge attacks.

-A sword with a sheath like a hammer head or heavy blade. Also just like from Bloodborne.

-Kesheg is actually a Halberd but it doesn't have it's own Halberd melee type. I'd like to see a proper Halberd.

Can you tell I like Bloodborne?

I want a krigmesser or a true zweihander, spear (not jsut polearms), rapier and dager, spear and kite shield, 

the zweihander would switch between spear and great sword stances on the fly to simulate half swording.

spears would focous on thrusting attacks and have a throw similar to glaives/gun staves instead of wide sweeping arks but would have inate punch through and added effectiveness against armor

rapier and dager wold be similar to other sword stances but use more thrust with close in finishers with the dagger (that and better block chance)

the kite shield and spear would be a slower longer range sword and shield with passive frontal damage immunity when not attacking but when active you are slower (can be duel wielded with a pistol for the same effect)

halberds a hybrid of the spear pole ax and hammer capable of thrusts slashes and smashing foes switches between the 3 stance types

- Dual Nikanas, with their own stances separate from Dual Swords. Teshin has had them forever, we should have a chance at them too.

- Chainsaws. Ripkas, sure, but I mean a proper Chainsaw with 's own Stance. Rictus Ghoul's Saw would fit the bill, I want to RIP AND TEAR!!

- a Tenno Whip, one that is sort of like a flail or chain, so then we can have a Primed Whip at some point

- a Bayonet Attachment for our Primary weapon. I've wanted a Bayonet for a while, and I've decided that, if a rifle with a Bayonet won't happen, what about a Bayonet melee weapon that attaches to our primary weapon? that way, you have more choice in your loadout. Launcher & Bayonet would be an interesting combo..

- Split-Swords as a unique weapon type, so that the Dark Split-Sword can have it's own stance and realise it's full potential.

Spears. I want actual spears.

Not a trident, glaive, or polearm. Not a crooked or infested-looking Zaw approximation. Not a "spear" gun or fishing tool. I want a melee spear weapon that I can use to get my stab on with as I impale Grineer blokes through their squishiest areas.

One of these bad boys:

Spoiler

yu8F4Cc.jpg

Like it boggles my mind that we have swords, axes, nunchucks, hammers, war fans, gunblades, two different types of katana even. But no spears, despite their historical usage and significance. 

And don't get me started on Twirling Spire. What a yawn-inducing moveset, with its anemic stab-twirls and awkward handling. Give me something based on whatever the Tonbo does with no stance on, but like up to eleven in badass-factor. If we can have two types of giant swords, we can have a separate spear class/stance.