Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Origin Realignment: War for Peace - Discord Based RP - (Updated 10/6/21) - Combat System Updates

Ash_of_Narmer

Race: orokin

Warframe(s): Ash prime

Focus School: zenurik

Faction: independent

DnD Alignment: neutral good

Bio: my character is not apart of a faction as of now, however I may join a faction later. My character is a tenno who participated in the old war, and by the time lotus left my character has no compassion towards anyone. I would like my tenno and warframe to be found in stasis inside the wreckage of a sigma series railjack. He would have entered stasis to ovoid his near death.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Spirit_Wolf_2005 said:

Race: orokin

Warframe(s): Ash prime

Focus School: zenurik

Faction: independent

DnD Alignment: neutral good

Bio: my character is not apart of a faction as of now, however I may join a faction later. My character is a tenno who participated in the old war, and by the time lotus left my character has no compassion towards anyone. I would like my tenno and warframe to be found in stasis inside the wreckage of a sigma series railjack. He would have entered stasis to ovoid his near death.

Thank you for your interest in our RP I really appreciate it. However, your bio is presently rejected.
The information about your character is rejected due to lack any substantial information and creative writing. Furthermore, we don't yet have Railjack functionality in our roleplay yet, so having your character found in a Railjack is not possible at the present.
You also did not submit your bio in the proper format (Google doc with share link).

You may try a new submission, but fix the following:
1. Proper Submission format through google doc.
2. Create an actual bio. I updated the requirements for character bios. You need at least 3 full paragraphs (5 complete sentences each).

• 1 month later...

Its been awhile since I updated here, but rest assured the RP has not died. We're still active, just moving a little slowly due to school and college sucking up time. That being said, here's a technical update to keep those interested up to date with our current status:

System/Operational Update

What's Coming:

No real news for upcoming stuff at the present. Railjack has been put on the back burner as it will require a huge time sink that I don't currently have. I've chosen to focus on improving current systems in the RP.

WIP Changes:

I've been working on merging both the combat system and the mission system into one nicely packaged synergized system. In the combat RP's we've done since I released the original split version, we've always ended up using a combination of the two in some way shape or form, so I decided to merge the two together. This should actually make the combat system we have a lot easier to approach in the future.

In relation to the RP combat, I'm also completely reworking the skill system in place and setting up skill trees like you would see in an RPG game  This will allow players even more character customization and provide unique approaches to various situations. Color coded skills are part of a "tree" and require teh skill from the tier before with like color to be chosen. This is NOT the final form, but a peek at the idea I've been toying with.

18BfUtL.png

On the note of factions, I've been working on the base building element of the faction system and have resumed my work of creating unique modules for factions to create that will bolster their strength. The perks and whatnot are mostly done for the planetary based structures, I just need to create logical prices to accompany them. The space based stuff is currently in progress.

What's Done:

I've completed both Grendel and Gauss' Warframe docs. Both were tricky to complete and some abilities had to be modified, but they still serve the same purpose, just optimized for text based play.

Conclusion

Once I get the current to do list stuff done, I'll likely start working on railjack. I'm excited to see how some of the see changes work with the RP, and was pleasantly surprised at how the combat system has been working, so I have high hopes that the combat system 2.0 will work even better and be a lot more fun to use.
     For those who have been watching this group, thank you for your interest and I hope to see more applications in the future!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What's Coming:

Still no updates on Railjack. Updating and further streamlining the combat system has been my focus. But once that gets updated, Railjack should fall neatly into place.

WIP Changes:

The updated combat system has been coming along slowly. I’ve been trying to think up unique perks for the individual skill trees. Unfortunately, some skills are inherently more difficult to get creative with while staying close to the core mechanic of said skill. However, I’ve also decided to add a couple perk trees to each weapon and create a complete weapon compendium (mostly for weapons that have unique abilities like the harpak and Staticor). Here’s a sneak peek at a couple general skills:

zIFdoBc.png

fBM3SUX.png

In regards to faction stuff, I haven’t touched the base building stuff yet. Just like railjacks delays, I’ve been focused on condensing the combat system.

The review team and I are working on updating our plot hole lore to make sure its consistent with the current status of in-game information.

What's Done:

I added an agility stat to each Warframe based on their size/build which affects their stability and mobility for those special situations where you may need to make a reflex check.

Conclusion

Like before, once these core issues are complete, railjack will be my next object to tackle. And with it, we’ll likely get to the Scarlet Spear event in character shortly after.

SalamanderMan80's bio was rejected by the review team. Reasons why were discussed over DMs on Discord.

As a related note, we're changing the way we accept new members. For this point forward, all applicants are allowed a maximum of 2 initial submissions. I'm more than happy to answer any lore questions and resolve possible conflicts and inconsistencies. If the first submission is rejected, a second will be allowed after any course corrections that may be needed. If the second submission is rejected, we will no longer accept submissions from that user.

• 1 month later...

What's Coming:

Railjack and Faction system redesigns are still a good ways away. I'm trying to make all these revamps and improvements as high quality as I can, rather than rush it all out.

WIP Changes

I'm still working on updating the combat system. I'd say I'm about a 3rd of the way through, closer to halfway. I rewrote how the basic descriptions on how the turn cycle functions, the different character statistics, and I also added a categorically alphabetized list of actions and how many Time Points they cost. This will make it much easier for people to plan their turns out.

STORY PROGRESSION

The allied forces of Nameless Redemption, Akopkeya, and independent Tenno have successfully taken over Vay Hek's outer courtyard and are preparing to push into his compound and finish the job.

A small squad of tenno under the direct guidance of Nora Night are getting closer to uncovering the mystery of a rumored Kuva Lich.

Conclusion

We're moving a little slowly, but we definitely aren't dead. If you're interested, feel free to message me or leave an application here if you're feeling brave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

System & ProgressionUpdate

What's Coming:

Faction and Lich overhauls, as well as Railjack, are still to be done. Got a full time job, so I've been working a good bit slower as I continue to adjust to the hours. Don't worry though, I haven't forgotten about all that stuff.
Please also keep in mind that we're now only accepting applicants from individuals who are over the age of 18.

WIP Changes

I've completed the rulebook and am currently going through and reworking the weapons. Each weapon type is going have unique perks to their type, which should really diversify the image and playstyle people might want to use.
Once I get done with the weapons, I'll be rebalancing enemy stats, changing how Armor works, and adding an agility stat to Warframes. I'll also have to go over pets and Focus schools. Once I finally get all the wrinkles sorted out of my new job, things should start moving a bit more.

STORY PROGRESSION

The Vay Hek assassination RP has been temporarily put on hold until I update the combat system.

Nora Night has been on hiatus and consequently, the Lich RP has also been put on hold.

Conclusion

We're still active, just moving slowly and as usual we're always accepting new applicants for those interested! Just send me a message on discord if you've got questions. If you leave a submission here, it may take a few days for it to get seen, but I promise we're not ignoring you.
Thank you in advance for your interest!

• 1 month later...

System Update

Its been a while since i last posted an update here, all thanks to Covid. I'm still settling into my job's new routine. However, I'm still making forward progress on the combat system. I've come to terms with the fact that I am quite literally making Warframe into a homebrew Pathfinder (I've made a LOT of changes since the last update and it's starting to feel even more like a tabletop game than it used to). That being said, I've got a good chunk of updates for those who may be interested.
Please also keep in mind, we are only accepting applications from people ages 18 or higher. You are well within your rights to decline sharing your age with us, but that will, unfortunately, result in an instant rejection of your bio.

What's Coming:

Faction overhauls are still on the back burner. Its currently functional but not optimized or used, so I'm not going to touch it up just yet.
Liches have also been put on hold due to me almost completely restructuring how weapons and damage types will work in the roleplay (More on that soon).

As for Railjack... I now have a SOLID grasp on HOW I will implement it, but that will likely happen after I complete the combat system overhaul and after the server as a whole kills Vay Hek.

WIP Changes

Alright, so with the rule book mostly completed (I may have to make additions or adjustments) I've been able to focus literally ALL of my attention on the Weapons and Damage types. This is where the real meat of what I'm working on has come into play. Firstly, I have decided that I need to make what I will be calling "The Complete Warframe RP Weapons Compendium". I'm, literally taking every single weapon in Warframe and giving them their own unique (with a few exceptions) traits and stats. This is gonna take me a good bit to complete but when its done, there will be enough diversity and equality among the weapons to satisfy anyone. Literally every weapon will have some form of validity and won't be overshadowed by another weapon (I hope), meaning you can use that one weapon that looks really cool in game but has crappy unusable stats, and it will work just as good as another weapon of the same type.
As for the Elemental/Physical damage types. I've done a "more is less" thing with them and given each damage type more relevance and functionality for different situations. This Warframe RP is going to be significantly more lethal for all sides and a lot more dynamic and fun.

STORY PROGRESSION

The Vay Hek RP is still on hold. Combat System must be complete.

Nora Night went AWOL, so Liches are also frozen in time. However a grouchy new edgeboi has also joined the party.

Conclusion

We are all still very much alive. It's just my fault we've been moving like turtles. If you're interested in joining us, just throw me a DM on discord and we might be able to work something out for an observer or an actual application.

• 1 month later...

System Update

I'm trying to space these out and make them monthly updates. I'm a little late and I apologize for that. We are still alive and RPing and also have recruited a new member! The assassination of Vay Hek is still on pause while I continue to revamp the combat system. I'll cover those details below.
I would like to make another reminder that we are only accepting applications from people ages 18 or higher. This doesn't mean you're required to share your age with us but that also means we don't have to accept your application. So if you're interested in joining our group, lead with your age.

What's Coming:

I'm currently trying to decide which system to work on after the Combat System 2.0. I'm torn between building Railjack, actually creating a mission systems so people can earn money IC, and polishing the Faction system. Liches are still on my mind, but their implementation will be significantly harder to do properly, and will ultimately rely on other elements like the mission systems.

WIP Changes

I made one HUGE decision for the Combat System. I decided that we needed a weapon compendium of every single weapon in the game. After all, each weapon in the game has some kind of unique perk that makes it stand out from the others. I tried my best to replicate this in the the weapon compendium. Some weapons have unique perks, others don't but it still adds diversity to the weapons players can use. I've completed the Primary Weapons, have started working on the Secondary Weapons, and will be doing the Melee Weapons after the secondary weapons are done. I'll save the serious update notes for when those are all finished, as they will contain a LOT of information, especially the Melee Weapons.

STORY PROGRESSION

The Vay Hek RP is still on hold as mentioned above.
We have a new Tenno exploring the Origin System.

Conclusion

We're still here, alive and moving about. Just, as usual for the time being, moving a little slowly. Like I've said before, if you're interested in our RP and what we do, feel free to hit me up on Discord. My tag is in the OP of this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, the presentation truly sparked a interest and a desire in becoming a participant, if accepted naturally. However if one may question, is there a possibility in joining the Discord server before presenting once character sheet to familiarize oneself further? Is personally worried if my own choices regarding character development may possibly conflict with established player characters, and wish therefor to conform my own character to existing dynamics and roles within the roleplay.

On 2020-11-29 at 12:14 AM, Cerii1155 said:

Greetings, the presentation truly sparked a interest and a desire in becoming a participant, if accepted naturally. However if one may question, is there a possibility in joining the Discord server before presenting once character sheet to familiarize oneself further? Is personally worried if my own choices regarding character development may possibly conflict with established player characters, and wish therefor to conform my own character to existing dynamics and roles within the roleplay.

It is quite possible! Check your DMs for the details.

• 4 weeks later...

System Update

This is going to be a slightly smaller update as we've only made a little progress since last time. However, the little progress we have made is pretty significant!

What's Coming:

I have decided that Railjack will be the next system I work on after the Combat System is finished, followed by Liches, then a market and research system, followed by an overhaul of the Faction system. I also plan to start making YouTube videos to make understanding the combat system easier, in addition to making videos going over the majority of the various elements our RP will ultimately have.

WIP Changes

The weapon compendiums are ALL DONE! We now have every single non prime and non variant weapon catalogued (except a couple of the brand new ones) and organized with their own unique traits (where applicable) and stats. This includes Primary, Secondary, and Melee Weapons (I'm going to try and include a few pictures so you can see the entry layouts. We've added Lavos (special thanks to VesperQueen for your assistance with the weapons compendiums and Lavos' warframe sheet) and are working on Xaku. I'm currently working on weapon skills, which is a much slower process, but will ultimately make each weapon class feel unique and somewhat special.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

STORY PROGRESSION

The Vay Hek RP is still on hold.

Conclusion

We are still an active group, just moving slowly. My need to rework the combat system has kinda halted our progress, and I feel bad about that. Unfortunately, you can only find the bugs in a system after you've used it. However, we're still here, still doing our thing, and I'm striving to make this a top tier Warframe roleplay. We hope to see more people join us in the future!

• 1 month later...

System Update

I'm trying to space these out and make them monthly updates. I'm a little late and I apologize for that. We are still alive and RPing and also have recruited a new member! The assassination of Vay Hek is still on pause while I continue to revamp the combat system. I'll cover those details below.
I would like to make another reminder that we are only accepting applications from people ages 18 or higher. This doesn't mean you're required to share your age with us but that also means we don't have to accept your application. So if you're interested in joining our group, lead with your age.

What's Coming:

Still reworking the core functionality of the Combat System, but I'm making steady progress when I have the time to sit down and knuckle this stuff out. As I've said before, Railjack and Liches are still forthcoming, but a good ways off.
I'm also working on a brand new introduction for the roleplay. It'll remove the clunky, matter of fact explanation of the RP and make it a lot more immersive. Here's a preview of what you can expect coming soon:

"...It was an odd sight, a Warframe so badly damaged; armed dirty weapons. Deep cuts run down its arms, its chest peppered with a few bullet holes and one leg was missing a significant chunk of flesh the edges of which were charred as if a small explosion had blown that portion of its leg off. It labored up each step in stoic silence when suddenly a soft but older feminine voice called out from its right, near the houses.
    “Ai yo, Tenno! You look like you got on the wrong end of a Flenser’s blade.”
    The Warframe paused mid step and turned to look in the direction of the voice. Its neuroptics picked up an older woman, bundled up in a warm looking coat, gesturing in an excited manner, beckoning the warframe over.
    “Come, come, sit with Old Uungya. Let me bandage your wounds kruna metta. Perhaps I’ll even put on a pot of chimurr and cut a maprico and rahd pepper.” The old woman, clearly not willing to accept no for an answer, hastily walked over to the warframe before it could object and, with a delicate touch, took hold of its right hand and elbow. Gently tugging the Warframe after her, offering a warm and maternal smile, she led it off the stone steps and up the dirt road that ran along the outside of Cetus’ town center, past several houses to a small hut nestled snugly against a rocky wall running around the exterior of Cetus..."

I'm hoping this will refresh the way our roleplay feels to potential new applicants and thus far, I'm very pleased with how the entire thing has turned out. It's a moderate read, but it sets the tone for what we're doing quite well. I plan to have this updating the original post of this thread by the next system update.

WIP Changes

The weapon compendiums have been completely finished! Special thanks to VesperQueen (Mira) for the immense amount of work they did to help me complete them!
The current focus of my attention in the combat system is allowing players a few more unique ways to personalize your Warframe, companions and weapons. I've started augmenting some in game mods and assigning them as permanent buffs you can implant to the previously mentioned items. Here are a couple photos of what I've got so far:

unknown.png

unknown.png

This is just the beginning of what I hope to be something that allows Warframes and player controlled parties to be slightly more powerful and nuanced, adding a more personalized feel to the RP. Stay tuned for more updates!

STORY PROGRESSION

The Vay Hek RP is still on hold as mentioned above.

Conclusion

As per the current norm for us, we're still moving slowly. However, we do have a couple active RP storylines moving forward.

• 1 month later...

System Update

Big news! Our introduction is being completely updated! I spent the last month or so working on a brand new introduction for our RP designed to be more cinematic and have more feeling put into it. It also gives a little bit of history into the state of the Origin System in this RP. In addition to it being a more fun read, it can also act as a starting point for new characters who haven't yet woken from the Second Dream (Note that this is purely optional and not required). I'll be updating the original post, so be sure to check it out!

What's Coming:

Same old same old. I've been hung up on the combat system which is delaying a lot of the other stuff I want to get completed.

WIP Changes

The Combat System is still being worked on. I had to take a break for a couple weeks as Melee Weapon skills functionality were giving me a hard time. However, I got all that sorted, and it should fall into place nicely.

Conclusion

Still moving slowly forward, but we do have a couple active RPs running right now.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-07-30 at 12:07 PM, Mataeru said:

Lawful Good - Self sacrificing, helps good people no matter how trivial the issue.

Lawful Neutral - Helps  good or bad people, as long as balance is maintained

Tempered Good - Helps good people, but only for important issues

True Neutral - Generally lazy and only helps people if it helps themselves

Chaotic Good - Would nuke a town with innocents to kill a hostile army

Chaotic Neutral - Acts purely on impulse with no care for consequence

I have a few issues with how your alignment system works. Namely, that chaos is WAY too closely tied to evil. A character can act purely on impulse and still be either completely and perfectly good or downright psychopathic. It isn't the fact that he lets his impulses tell him what to do that matters, it's what his impulses are. A character who instinctively picks the pockets of anyone in reach is still acting just as much on impulse as a character who leaps into a dangerous situation in order to protect the people he cares about.

4 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

I have a few issues with how your alignment system works. Namely, that chaos is WAY too closely tied to evil. A character can act purely on impulse and still be either completely and perfectly good or downright psychopathic. It isn't the fact that he lets his impulses tell him what to do that matters, it's what his impulses are. A character who instinctively picks the pockets of anyone in reach is still acting just as much on impulse as a character who leaps into a dangerous situation in order to protect the people he cares about.

This isn't actually how the alignment system works. Those are just summary words about how that given alignment is typically used. At least in my experience.

If you have suggestions for how to modify the language, I'd be happy to hear them!

Archived