Mataeru

Origin Realignment: War for Peace - Discord Based RP - (System Update 4/19/20) - Combat System Update

Race: orokin

Warframe(s): Ash prime

Focus School: zenurik

Faction: independent

DnD Alignment: neutral good

Bio: my character is not apart of a faction as of now, however I may join a faction later. My character is a tenno who participated in the old war, and by the time lotus left my character has no compassion towards anyone. I would like my tenno and warframe to be found in stasis inside the wreckage of a sigma series railjack. He would have entered stasis to ovoid his near death.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Spirit_Wolf_2005 said:

Race: orokin

Warframe(s): Ash prime

Focus School: zenurik

Faction: independent

DnD Alignment: neutral good

Bio: my character is not apart of a faction as of now, however I may join a faction later. My character is a tenno who participated in the old war, and by the time lotus left my character has no compassion towards anyone. I would like my tenno and warframe to be found in stasis inside the wreckage of a sigma series railjack. He would have entered stasis to ovoid his near death.

Thank you for your interest in our RP I really appreciate it. However, your bio is presently rejected.
The information about your character is rejected due to lack any substantial information and creative writing. Furthermore, we don't yet have Railjack functionality in our roleplay yet, so having your character found in a Railjack is not possible at the present.
You also did not submit your bio in the proper format (Google doc with share link).

You may try a new submission, but fix the following:
1. Proper Submission format through google doc.
2. Create an actual bio. I updated the requirements for character bios. You need at least 3 full paragraphs (5 complete sentences each).

Its been awhile since I updated here, but rest assured the RP has not died. We're still active, just moving a little slowly due to school and college sucking up time. That being said, here's a technical update to keep those interested up to date with our current status:

System/Operational Update

What's Coming:

No real news for upcoming stuff at the present. Railjack has been put on the back burner as it will require a huge time sink that I don't currently have. I've chosen to focus on improving current systems in the RP.

WIP Changes:

I've been working on merging both the combat system and the mission system into one nicely packaged synergized system. In the combat RP's we've done since I released the original split version, we've always ended up using a combination of the two in some way shape or form, so I decided to merge the two together. This should actually make the combat system we have a lot easier to approach in the future.

In relation to the RP combat, I'm also completely reworking the skill system in place and setting up skill trees like you would see in an RPG game  This will allow players even more character customization and provide unique approaches to various situations. Color coded skills are part of a "tree" and require teh skill from the tier before with like color to be chosen. This is NOT the final form, but a peek at the idea I've been toying with.

18BfUtL.png

On the note of factions, I've been working on the base building element of the faction system and have resumed my work of creating unique modules for factions to create that will bolster their strength. The perks and whatnot are mostly done for the planetary based structures, I just need to create logical prices to accompany them. The space based stuff is currently in progress.

What's Done:

I've completed both Grendel and Gauss' Warframe docs. Both were tricky to complete and some abilities had to be modified, but they still serve the same purpose, just optimized for text based play.

Conclusion

Once I get the current to do list stuff done, I'll likely start working on railjack. I'm excited to see how some of the see changes work with the RP, and was pleasantly surprised at how the combat system has been working, so I have high hopes that the combat system 2.0 will work even better and be a lot more fun to use.
     For those who have been watching this group, thank you for your interest and I hope to see more applications in the future!

What's Coming:

Still no updates on Railjack. Updating and further streamlining the combat system has been my focus. But once that gets updated, Railjack should fall neatly into place.

WIP Changes:

The updated combat system has been coming along slowly. I’ve been trying to think up unique perks for the individual skill trees. Unfortunately, some skills are inherently more difficult to get creative with while staying close to the core mechanic of said skill. However, I’ve also decided to add a couple perk trees to each weapon and create a complete weapon compendium (mostly for weapons that have unique abilities like the harpak and Staticor). Here’s a sneak peek at a couple general skills:

zIFdoBc.png

fBM3SUX.png

In regards to faction stuff, I haven’t touched the base building stuff yet. Just like railjacks delays, I’ve been focused on condensing the combat system.

The review team and I are working on updating our plot hole lore to make sure its consistent with the current status of in-game information.

What's Done:

I added an agility stat to each Warframe based on their size/build which affects their stability and mobility for those special situations where you may need to make a reflex check.

Conclusion

Like before, once these core issues are complete, railjack will be my next object to tackle. And with it, we’ll likely get to the Scarlet Spear event in character shortly after.

Posted (edited)

Hello There, I have posted the link to my doc in the upper comment, I hope you guys would maybe look over it and have a wonderful day

Deus Vult!

Edited by (NSW)SalamanderMan80

SalamanderMan80's bio was rejected by the review team. Reasons why were discussed over DMs on Discord.

As a related note, we're changing the way we accept new members. For this point forward, all applicants are allowed a maximum of 2 initial submissions. I'm more than happy to answer any lore questions and resolve possible conflicts and inconsistencies. If the first submission is rejected, a second will be allowed after any course corrections that may be needed. If the second submission is rejected, we will no longer accept submissions from that user.

What's Coming:

Railjack and Faction system redesigns are still a good ways away. I'm trying to make all these revamps and improvements as high quality as I can, rather than rush it all out.

WIP Changes

I'm still working on updating the combat system. I'd say I'm about a 3rd of the way through, closer to halfway. I rewrote how the basic descriptions on how the turn cycle functions, the different character statistics, and I also added a categorically alphabetized list of actions and how many Time Points they cost. This will make it much easier for people to plan their turns out.

STORY PROGRESSION

The allied forces of Nameless Redemption, Akopkeya, and independent Tenno have successfully taken over Vay Hek's outer courtyard and are preparing to push into his compound and finish the job.

A small squad of tenno under the direct guidance of Nora Night are getting closer to uncovering the mystery of a rumored Kuva Lich.

Conclusion

We're moving a little slowly, but we definitely aren't dead. If you're interested, feel free to message me or leave an application here if you're feeling brave.

@Spirels Your bio has been reviewed and accepted! Welcome to our roleplay group! We hope you enjoy your time with us!