Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Origin Realignment: War for Peace - Discord Based RP - (Updated 10/6/21) - Combat System Updates

Ash_of_Narmer

System Update

What's Coming:

Same story, combat system has been delaying forward system side progress.

WIP Changes

Melee Stances are replacing Melee Skill trees and have been giving me a hard time adaptation wise. Progress is slow, but still moving.

Conclusion

We're moving a bit slower than we'd like to, but we're still alive.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-07-31 at 1:42 PM, (NSW)RainHarmonia said:

Hello there! I’m very interested in joining this server. I have my application here for your consideration. To reach me on Discord, please contact Rain Harmonia#8401

Thank you for your time and consideration ^_^

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ev0AvseJG-oDmef4CF-8iKeRIUyjHyAXkXH6wmeNg7o/edit

After reviewing your bio, the review team is pleased to welcome you to the group! Thank you for your interest. You have been sent an invite via Discord.

Hey there! I'm really interested in the premise. I had a character idea I'd like to discuss with you first though, if that's alright.

I've sent you a friend request on discord so communication is easier(Athanas#9143), accept it whenever convenient. 

14 hours ago, Athanas25 said:

Hey there! I'm really interested in the premise. I had a character idea I'd like to discuss with you first though, if that's alright.

I've sent you a friend request on discord so communication is easier(Athanas#9143), accept it whenever convenient. 

I've sent you an FR on Discord.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Athanas25 said:

Your bio and faction sheet have been review and accepted Tenno! Welcome to the System. Check your discord for the invite link.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

System/Operational Update

WIP Changes

It's been a hot couple months since I posted my last "monthly" update for how the RP is progressing. I'm gonna rectify that now. Forward momentum is still slow, but I'm pretty sure that's just a fact of life as we all navigate our individual lives. That being said, I have some MAJOR combat system updates.
1. Ranged Weapon Skills have been completely finished. Primary weapons types get some pretty fun perks the more you use them and level them up, allowing players to choose one 2 different play around each weapon's specific strengths. Secondary weapons have more generalized skills that focus more on just hitting targets rather than revolutionizing the way they function.
2. MELEE STANCES ARE FINISHED! I knuckled down, turned on my music and just went HAM on the melee stances for 2 or three days solid after work. Every single Melee stance has been added into the RP and these function like skills, in that you can use them and gain different weapon perks during combat. Unlike weapon skills where you can only learn one tree, you can learn all Melee stances for a given weapon, but you can only learn to use a few different weapon types. The details on this will be elaborated on in the rulebook.
3. I finished designing the perks for companions, so when I go back through and tweak their stats, players will be able to add permanent buffs and bonuses to their companions when they create/hatch/grow them.
4. I decided I wanted a way to allow people to personalize their Warframes and make them just a little bit more unique. I made the difficult decision to allow Arcanes, Aura mods, and Exilus mods to be applied to Warframes as a PERMANENT BONUS. Once an Arcane, Exilus and Aura mod have been chosen, they cannot be changed or removed from the Warframe. Their perks/Effects can be activated and deactivated at will, but that's about it. Another special thanks to the help of VesperQueen (Mira) for helping me with the Arcanes. They took every Arcane from the game and organized them for me so I could easily translate what they do and how they work in one place. In addition to Warframes, Zaws, Kitguns, Operators and Amps will be getting Arcane perks. They will all be following the "once chosen, it cant be changed" rule, although Operators may function a LITTLE bit differently. We shall see.

5. I am currently working on implementing Enemy Compendiums. I decided that assigning static health and damage stats to each enemy by an archetype would make things a little to stale after awhile, so I decided to take each individual enemy and give them their own unique stats, abilities and usable weapons. I have completed the Grineer Enemy Compendium and am beginning progress on the Corpus Enemy Compendium. This isn't as hard a task as the weapons were. but it is still a bit time consuming.
6. I have also been adding in an Amp design system, where each part affects how an Amp functions, gives it stats, and whatnot. Not finished yet, but getting there.
7. One final note. Our combat system is moving out of square maps and into hex maps. Hex maps allow for a lot more freedom of directional movement, and also make explosion radii and AOE's a lot easier to compute than on a square map.

Conclusion

Lots of combat system progress has been made. Still got a lot more to do, but it's coming along. Thanks to everyone for bearing with me.

• 2 months later...

System/Operational Update

WIP Changes

Still working on the combat system. Been lacking inspiration but one major milestone I've made is completion of the Grineer Enemy Compendium. This has a list of stats and abilities of all Grineer units translated to text based RP.

Conclusion

Taking a bit of a hiatus until after the New War drops. Been lacking a lot of motivation but we'll see how things go.

Archived